Profile for GuitarKev > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Two of the Best, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
The feel of this album takes me back to the days when R&B meant something different from what it does today. Songs are 'single length' and performed with considerable verve and skill. Wilko's guitar is sublime and Roger's vocals show why he has had such a successful career. Brilliant!

Beyerdynamic DT100 Replacement Ear Cushions Pair and Soft PVC - Black
Beyerdynamic DT100 Replacement Ear Cushions Pair and Soft PVC - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 9 April 2014
Bought a well-worn pair of headphones; took off the old cushions, cleaned the plastic and fitted these. Big, big difference in appearance, fit and sound quality. Well worth the cost and the effort.

GP / Grievous Angel
GP / Grievous Angel
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Found Him at Last, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: GP / Grievous Angel (Audio CD)
I bought this because I heard Love Hurts on the Bob Harris Country Show. I'd heard bits of Gram's work before but not followed it up. When I saw this double album at a ridiculous price, I took a punt and haven't regretted it one bit. You can hear the roots of The Eagles in here and find themes and arrangements that are echoed in the work of many modern country and western acts. Buy it!

*FREE SHIPPING* Jim Dunlop Nylon Guitar Picks / Plectrums: 0.46mm (Handy pack of 10 Picks)
Offered by Dirty Riffs Guitar Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Pay More, 16 Oct. 2013
I get ten of these (one of my favourite picks) for less than I could buy 5 for in my local store. Don't know how they can do it at the price.

Stentor 1173 Violin Tonwolf Mute
Stentor 1173 Violin Tonwolf Mute
Offered by Normans Musical Instruments

5.0 out of 5 stars Value and style., 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Stentor 1173 Violin Tonwolf Mute
My violin teacher in 1961 had one like this and it made a much nicer sound than the black wooden ones all the students had, so when my daughter needed a mute, I got her this one. She needs to work a bit before she plays like my old teacher, but the sound is reduced and the tone nicer so it's not as difficult listening to her practise.

A Soft Place to Fall
A Soft Place to Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars At its best, 16 Oct. 2013
Allison Moorer shows how a good country song should be delivered. A beautiful voice, immaculate phrasing and lyrics you can hear every one of.

So Far Away (Full Version)
So Far Away (Full Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still fab after all theseyears., 16 Oct. 2013
Mark Knopfler has been doing this on recent(ish) tours with Emmy Lou Harris which is how I re-discovered it. Still sounds full and fresh.

Tiger STP4-RD Music Guitar Strap with Pick Holder - Red
Tiger STP4-RD Music Guitar Strap with Pick Holder - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true?, 24 Aug. 2013
This is a great product. Don't be put off by the very low price - the quality is excellent. At the end of the day I need a strap to hold the guitar safely - it's not a fashion statement. This does the trick and also gives me 3 spare plecs in case I drop one. Brilliant value!

Tiger Double Guitar Stand
Tiger Double Guitar Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Value and quality, 24 Aug. 2013
I thought I'd try this because the price was so good. I wasn't expecting it to be particularly robust. It breaks down into 5 pieces, so it's easily packed in my leads case. Assembly is quick and easy and the result is a very good stand. I've tried it with 2 acoustics, 2 electrics and one of each. All were very stable. An excellent product at a really good price. Why pay more?

Carey
Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Mermaid cafe anyone?, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Carey (MP3 Download)
Blue is a fabulous album and for me, the stand-out track is Carey. It's a well-crafted song; accessible lyrics well-sung and a simple yet full musical backing. It's a circular story coming back (almost) to the beginning, via smashing glasses, freaks, soldiers and bright red devils. One of Joni's finest and the lady sure can play guitar.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5