Profile for R. Hannaford > Reviews

Content by R. Hannaford

R. Hannaford "Old Man" (Teesside UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Black Leather Gloves. Premium, Super Soft Goat Leather, Touchscreen 'Digital Touch' Gloves by TORRO (For hand size 21cm, Black)
Offered by TORRO Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.... ..., 14 Mar. 2017
You get what you pay for.... and these gloves are certainly worth the money I paid for them. I was doubtful about spending this kind of money for a pair of gloves but they fit perfectly and the lining gives a soft warm feel. These are dress gloves and probably not suitable for snowball fights or skiing, as I am unlikely to be using them for any such activity they are ideal for wearing after I get dressed up for an evening out.
Delivery within a remarkably short time and well packaged in a lovely box.

Rigoletto: The Wiener Philharmoniker (Chailly) [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Rigoletto: The Wiener Philharmoniker (Chailly) [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ingvar Wixell

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Sept. 2013
I would never believe that I would get to say that Pavarotti spoiled an opera. I thought that his acting was a little stiff. This let down the rest of the cast who all performed well, especially Gruberova as Gilda. The filming of the performance must, of necessity, take place over a greater time period than a "one off" performance and gives the opportunity to visit real locations rather than having wooden (or whatever) stage scenery. I think this can only add to the realism of any Opera.

Beethoven - Symphony No. 9
Beethoven - Symphony No. 9
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 21 Sept. 2013
Excellent rendition of this, the finest of the fine! (In my humble opinion). I bought this version to compare with others I have and this is creeping up to the top of my favourites.

Verdi: Oberto (Alli 2007) (Pentcheva/ Bertagni/ Sartori/ Battaglia/ Orchestra e Coro del Teatro Regio di Parma/ Antonello Allemandi/ Pier' Alli) (C Major: 720104) [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ Pentcheva

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, but didn't love it, 21 Sept. 2013
One can tell that this is Verdi's first Opera, the singers did well, the conductor did a great job, but Verdi needed to put a bit more into it. We know things get better!

Verdi: Lombardi Crociata (Parma Festival 2009) (Roberto De Biasio/ Michele Pertusi/ Orchestra e Coro del Teatro Regio di Parma/ Daniele Callegari) (C Major: 720704) [Blu-ray] [2012][Region A & B]
Dvd ~ Roberto De Biasio

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll give it five, 21 Sept. 2013
Terrific performances from all the main Characters, especially Dimitra Theodossiou as Giselda. Details have all been mentioned by others. This shows how Verdi is getting better with practice.

Verdi Opera Selection (Traviata/ Boccanegra/ Aida) (Angela Gheorghiu, Ramon Vargas, Roberto Frontall, Placido Domingo) (Arthaus: 108074) [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Angela Gheorghiu

4.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 21 Sept. 2013
Three operas on Blu-ray for under £20! Hui He gives a fantastic performance as Aida and this recording alone makes this set a terrific buy. In my opinion, Angela Gheorghiu is not the best Violetta in La Traviata but the overall production of this, my favourite Opera. However, a worthy production overall. The third piece of this set is Simon Boccanegra with Placido Domingo making a change from his usual tenor to the lead part of a baritone. This recording, of the three in the set, was the most disappointing. Overall, this is a delightful purchase and I am going looking for similar offers.

Verdi: Un Giorno Di Regno (Pizzi 2010) (Loconsolo/ Porta/ Antonacci/ Orchestra e Coro del Teatro Regio di Parma/ Donato Renzetti/ Luigi Pizzi) (C Major: 720304) [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ Loconsolo

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to watch, 21 Sept. 2013
The first time I have seen any production of this Opera, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. No matter to me that the opera was slated by the public of the time, I am no aficionado but I thought all the cast performed excellently.
This one goes into my favourites category.

Symphony No. 9, Op. 125 - Full score (Beethovens Werke, Serie I)
Symphony No. 9, Op. 125 - Full score (Beethovens Werke, Serie I)

2.0 out of 5 stars Small!, 29 May 2013
For some reason I am unable to enlarge the pages of this work. This makes most of it unreadable to someone with poor eyesight, as I have. Another complaint is that I cannot go directly to any chosen passage throughout this complex piece of wonderfully written music. Sadly disappointed. Need to pay more for a full sized score.

Puccini: La Boheme (Oslo Opera 2012) (Diego Torre/ Vasilij Ladjuk/ Marita Sølberg/ Jennifer Rowley) (Electric Picture: EPC02BD) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Diego Torre

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best production, 2 Feb. 2013
A wonderful Opera performed by very good singers but, in my opinion, spoiled by the modern-day setting in a hospital.

Clutter Buster Drawer Organiser
Clutter Buster Drawer Organiser
Offered by The Holding Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal organiser, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clutter Buster Drawer Organiser
A place for just about everything, and now I can keep everything in its proper place. No more having to sort through the complete contents of my drawer everytime I want something, I open the drawer and whatever I look for is right there. The only small complaint is that it needs a little padding around the side to stop it sliding around the drawer but, they cannot make such a thing to fit every possible size, and anyway, there are items that are too large to fit in such a neat container.

Page: 1 | 2