Profile for Mingle > Reviews

Mingle

The Life and Loves of a He Devil: A Memoir
The Life and Loves of a He Devil: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 13 Sept. 2017
I'm not a fan of Graham Norton but liked the synopsis and the reviews looked good. I really, really enjoyed the book, it left me wanting more. I would definitely read him again.

Holding
Holding

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised!, 3 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Holding (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, left wanting more. I'm not a Graham Norton fan in general and so went by the book reviews when deciding to order the book. I'd certainly read more from him.

A Boy Made of Blocks: The most uplifting novel of 2017
A Boy Made of Blocks: The most uplifting novel of 2017

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 22 Jun. 2017
I devoured this book, an insight into a world I could not imagine. Be grateful for diversity and embrace it.

Bricking It
Bricking It

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book., 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Bricking It (Kindle Edition)
Very amusing, easy to read book. I read this in two days and really enjoyed the rather strange story which unfolded. Lots of 'laugh out loud' moments, although the sequence of events was strange in parts and predictable in others. I'm looking forward to more from this author.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Dave Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 15 Feb. 2014
I love the recipes. They are clear and easy to follow. Both my husband and I are losing weight steadily, without feeling deprived. Have recommended the book to all my friends.

Sense & Sensibility
Sense & Sensibility

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too sure about this book., 22 Jan. 2014
Not sure about this one. Seemed a bit contrived to me. The pictures in my mind were all of the Austin period characters and dress and I found it difficult at times to bring myself into the 21st century setting. I understand this is the first of the modern interpretations of Austin. It will be interesting to see to how other writers tackle the 'project'.

The Longest Ride
The Longest Ride

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Nicholas Sparks. Cleverly written, hard-to-put-down book., 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Longest Ride (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book very much. Typical Nicholas Sparks, a real tear jerker. He very cleverly intertwined the characters and their stories, culminating in a wonderful (if somewhat predictable) twist at the end.

Moorcroft: A Guide to Moorcroft Pottery 1897-1993
Moorcroft: A Guide to Moorcroft Pottery 1897-1993
by Paul Atterbury

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a comprehensive history of everything that is great about Moorcroft pottery, 19 Mar. 2013
I love the quality of the photographs and illustrations which have fuelled my passion for this wonderful art form. Magnificent.