Profile for Acathla > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Recovery
Recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, 2 May 2015
This review is from: Recovery (Audio CD)
An oldie but a goodie. Bought it for my eldest after a period of hospitalisation and it was just what he needed. Eminem is truly a lyrical genius and this album shows his talents off perfectly.

The Walking Dead: Season Two
The Walking Dead: Season Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 2 May 2015
This review is from: The Walking Dead: Season Two (App)
Great game - keeps the youngest (who is not that young at all) quiet for hours at a time.

Newborn Baby Boy Bibs, Animals 7 Days Of The Week Baby Bibs (Pack Of 7) (One Size)
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bibs on a budget, 2 May 2015
Lovely little bibs, the plastic is just a little hard on the back. Other than that, they are great.

New 5PCS Baby Changing Bags Large Nappy Diaper Tote - Black & White
New 5PCS Baby Changing Bags Large Nappy Diaper Tote - Black & White
Offered by MotherandBaby

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, not quite perfect, 2 May 2015
My daughter bought this for the baby she is currently expecting as she didn't want a bag that looked like a changing bag. It is a great looking little bag, but loses a star as the stitching is quite sloppy. It is only a minor cosmetic detail but it would have been nice for it to be straight. All the bits and bobs arrived as per the description. The changing mat looks very promising too. If you are wondering how it is going to go over the handlebar on a pram, it has a removable shoulder strap that will see to that.

King of Flash Anti-shock Waterproof Memory Card Case Holder Hard Storage 4x CF (Compact Flash) 8x SD / SDHC (Secure Digital) MC-2
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card holder, 2 May 2015
Bought for 4 CF cards as my husband uses them for his photography. He is also one of the clumsiest people on the planet, I am sure. This is a fantastic little card holder for his memory cards. We haven't actually tried bouncing it off the floor or dunking it in water as the need hasn't arisen, but it really is a sturdy little case for both CF and SD cards. We have tried both in there and have had no problems removing them at all, as some have reported.

Tamron - Aspherical [IF] MACRO AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Lens-Suitable for Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a five from Acathla, 2 May 2015
I am brand spanking new to DSLR photography. For quite a few years now I have managed some half passable photos on my Fuji bridge camera but always thought that DSLR was too much for me. That was until my husband bought me a Canon 600D on clearance (I know they have been phased out) and told me just to get on with it. It was that last bit that I found a bit overwhelming.

The camera came with an 18-50mm lens in the box. I took some time using that lens and realised that I would need a couple of others to give me the DSLR experience that I wanted. I looked high and low, watched countless YouTube videos and came to this lens. Yes, the 18-50mm is already covered but it is a superb lens if you just want to take one for the day out, rather than your full kit. It covers everything an enthusiastic amateur could need.

I can get my pictures of fossils in rocks, right up to my pictures of abandoned buildings in the focus that I want with this lens. Yes, it is a tiny bit heavier than I expected and it isn't the quietest lens I own but as I am not taking pictures in a library, the sound isn't an issue for me. What it is is the perfect lens for a day out to the wildlife park etc. I do own two other lenses (check me out!) but I find this is the one that I reach for unless I am doing a specific style that I use my others for.

I am now saving for another as this lens seems to wander into my husband's kit with alarming regularity. He seems to be using it above his 70-200mm with a 2x converter on the regular.

Is this a lens for professionals? I have no idea as I am just an enthusiastic amateur. Is this the lens for me? Yes, and at a ridiculously good price for a piece of glass.

AmazonBasics DSLR Gadget Messenger Bag Large with Orange Interior
AmazonBasics DSLR Gadget Messenger Bag Large with Orange Interior

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing bag for an amazing price., 1 May 2015
I was bought a Canon 600D as a present off my better half to stop me mithering him to borrow his as a surprise a few weeks ago (I know they have been discontinued but as an enthusiastic amateur I don't need any more at this time). It came in a bundle from eBay which was great, but the bag was far too flimsy to put my camera in. I was looking everywhere for a bag that fitted my needs and here it is.

It is big enough to hold all my kit so I am more than happy. The quality of the bag is just as good as those that praise it on here says it is. My bag easily holds my Canon 600D with it's battery grip on, a 50mm lens, an 18-50mm kit lens, an 18-200mm lens, 2x converter, hot shoe flash, battery charger and car adapter, card holder, guerrilla tripod (it has room for a larger tripod to be attached), a small selection of filters, a couple of tulip lens hoods and, most importantly for me, the fairly sizeable manual for it all!

Obviously this is with lenses off so I tried configuring the bag to take two Canon 600Ds, one with my 18-200mm lens on and the other with my husband's 50-200mm lens on (the biggest two that we have before getting into telephoto range) and it worked like a dream. I know that a lot of people who are really into their kit have more than one camera body and the ability to have two bodies with two fairly large lenses attached might well appeal to other users.

Fully packed it isn't too heavy and there is a padded part to the shoulder strap, which can be changed to any length needed. The top of the bag is held in position by two very heavy duty clips but that is just the first barrier agains any light fingered passers by. Once that is open, you can also zip the top of the bag shut and use a small lock and key to keep your things safe if those are concerns that you might have.

A surprise is that the big top opening is coated with showerproof material on the inside, a lovely touch. The canvas is comparable to named brand camera bags that I already have (but smaller ones) and you can configure the inside completely how you want it. There are two raised rubber strips to keep your bag off the ground too. The attention to detail really does belie the price of the bag.

Is this a bag for professionals? I don't know as I am not one. Is this a bag for an enthusiastic amateur who wants to keep all her equipment in one place? You betcha. I don't mind changing lenses when I am out photographing things, I don't need everything to be set up to go (though I have tried configuring the bag with my camera having the 50mm lens on and it works so I can just grab it and that was just fine - I just prefer keeping my lenses off the camera body when not in use.

For £17.99 you can't ask for more. I have already had a couple of really good photographers I know on a nodding acquaintance ask me where I got my bag from and they were more than surprised by the make, let alone the price. I'm not a label snob but I might just turn into an Amazon Basics one as the quality is superb!

F.Hinds Womens Jewellery Jewelry Silver Hinged Hoop Earrings - 13mm
F.Hinds Womens Jewellery Jewelry Silver Hinged Hoop Earrings - 13mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value for money., 1 May 2015
I have a hard time finding decent hinged 'sleepers' as that is my preference for my multiple piercings on my ears. These earrings are exceptionally well made and come up completely true to size. They are completely smooth and easy to put in - the clip being easy to use but a strong clip.

The buying experience was superb as the earrings were next day delivery. A small question with regard to my invoice dealt with within the hour from what feels like a company that values your custom, even if it is only 3 pairs of earrings. Would definitely buy from them again - no hesitation.

Divergent [DVD] [2014]
Divergent [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Kate Winslet
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the book first, 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Divergent [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
If you haven't read the book the film is probably as tedious as hell and makes no sense whatsoever, but I had read the book and was looking forwards to it. Unfortunately it didn't translate as well to film as I was expecting, but did give it a valiant try. A solid C from me.

Tayogo 2014 Upgraded Waterproof Mp3 Headset Music Player, 8gb Memory Hi-fi Stero, Earphone for Swimming, Surfing, Running, Sports, Award-winning Design,comfortable Fashionable Rechargeable Longer Battery Time,100% Satisfaction Guarantee Yellow
Offered by Tayogo_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MP3 player., 7 Sept. 2014
Gobsmackingly good MP3 player for when I go swimming. The ease of charging, putting songs on and wearing it is ingenious. The swimming ear buds are very comfortable, and the unit as a whole is very easy to wear. Clear, well written instructions. Absolutely great for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20