Profile for Jayne Jevons > Reviews

Content by Jayne Jevons

Jayne Jevons "stargazer" (Lincs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Talking Angela
Talking Angela

4.0 out of 5 stars What man?, 7 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Talking Angela (App)
I read the reviews and downloaded the app to see what you guys were on about. I turned the face camera on, looked into Angela's eyes and - nothing happened. What are you lot on about?
Even so, I deleted the app as it was rather boring after a while. Go for another game, guys. This one isn't the best. But if you do still want to download it, I just want to say nothing happened to me when I put the face cam on. I don't know if it's because of my Kindle or it's just a rumour, but it's pretty safe, I'd say.
-Lily

School Days
School Days

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!, 7 Oct. 2015
This review is from: School Days (App)
This is the first MDickie game I got, and I was very surprised at the amazing gameplay and quality. It's addictive, it's fun, and it's got no limitations, unlike Hard Time (see my review on the Hard Time app). I sort of wish the 'Private' education was a bit cheaper, though. I mean, $4,99? You can get Minecraft Pocket Edition for that! I recommend reducing the price, MDickie, then more people will pay for it.
DO NOT judge the graphics; it's not about what you see, don't forget!
One little problem: characters can be deleted randomly. I had nearly passed two years in-game on one of my characters called Jenny Bush when she suddenly vanished, and I couldn't get any data back so I was rather upset. I don't know if this is a glitch or whatever, but if it is, can you please, MDickie, please update the game and remove that glitch.
But apart from that, it's a fantastic game and I recommend it to people who enjoy violence (though there's an option to turn gore off) and are quite brainy or good at remembering things (that's for the actual school stuff).
-Lily

Hard Time
Hard Time

4.0 out of 5 stars I would've rated it five stars if it wasn't for this..., 29 July 2015
This review is from: Hard Time (App)
WARNING! MUST READ!!!
I absolutely love this game. It's the best on my Kindle.
However, there's just one thing: a con.
Mat Dickie found a rather clever way to cheat some money out of you. I lost two good characters because of this. A warden asked me to buy a V.I.P pass. I said no. I'm not paying 5 quid for that crap! You can use that money to buy the full version of Minecraft PE!
Was he having it? No. I ran away, but then the alarm went off, saying I was wanted for 'freeloading'! I mean, this is a free game. Why should I have to pay for something I don't want? Anyway, I was caught and taken to court. I can cope with the courts because I either have a few days put on my imprisonment or am fined. But the judge restarts my game JUST BECAUSE I DIDN'T PAY FOR A V.I.P PASS!
However, I have a trick to get out of getting out of doing this. If a warden asks you to buy a V.I.P pass, close the game (don't worry about saving as long as you've put 'save between scenes' on), wait until you think it's closed itself properly, open it again and go back into the game. You'll find yourself in the doorway of the last scene you were in before you closed the game. Leave that room AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE before the warden comes and asks you again. You should be fine, then.
If this doesn't work for any reason, I'm sorry, but it's either goodbye to your fiver or goodbye to your character, unless the judge favours for you and you get out of trouble.
Otherwise this, and otherwise the fact the graphics are a bit meh, this is a fantastic game and I recommend it to teens and over (a bit of violence in it) and sane people. :)

Country Life: Harvest Day
Country Life: Harvest Day

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good game but..., 19 May 2015
This review is from: Country Life: Harvest Day (App)
I enjoy this game a lot. I like games where you can walk around freely. Just wish you could go inside buildings.
However, there's this irritating issue where every time you walk somewhere else, it takes half a minute to a minute until the scene comes up. It's very annoying, and if ProGaming could sort this problem out I would appreciate it.
But apart from that, it's a good game and I enjoy it.

ROBLOX
ROBLOX

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 April 2015
This review is from: ROBLOX (App)
I was so looking forward to this app, and was super excited when it came out, so I downloaded it, but I can't do anything! I can't play any games, so it's useless. I deleted it. I don't know if it's got something to do with my Internet or Kindle or the actual game, but whenever I try to play a game, the app closes. Disappointed girl is disappointed. I loved Roblox. :(

Notebooks
Notebooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but there's one problem..., 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Notebooks (App)
I use this for stories, and I like to make long stories. This is just what I need, but there's one simple and extremely annoying problem - THERE'S NO UNDO BUTTON!
You could click "Select all" and accidentally press one button, and POOF! all disappears! I lost two long stories by doing this. So can the creators of this app PLEASE, simply, PLEASE! add an undo button. I'm very annoyed with having to do my stories all over again.
Otherwise that stinking problem, it's a very good app! :)

SkinSwap - The Ultimate Free Skin Creator, Editor, and Stealer for Minecraft
SkinSwap - The Ultimate Free Skin Creator, Editor, and Stealer for Minecraft

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, simply awful, 19 Oct. 2014
This is terrible. The minigame is crap, you can't save editings unless you have the full version - which you need to buy - and there so many ads. Don't waste your space. This app is rubbish.

Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House
Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the PC version! :), 24 Sept. 2014
I used to have the PC version of this game. I loved it - but this is even better!
The only downside to it is that you can only have one family on here whereas on PC, you can have like 5. Otherwise that, I love this game so much!
At first, you can pick a random person and get a free house for him/her, then you can start up a family. Buy groceries, furniture, and build new rooms! Randomly, an E-mail comes with someone who wants to marry you. It's up to you whether you want to marry them or not. If you reject, you can wait for another marriage invite. If you agree, then that's where the family starts. You can have kids, buy them toys, and keep everyone happy!
Please get this game. I promise you won't regret it! Thanks, Last Day Of Work! :)

The Sandbox - Pixel World Builder
The Sandbox - Pixel World Builder

5.0 out of 5 stars Really awesome game!, 18 Jun. 2014
I was just having a browse in the app store, tra la la la, suddenly bump into this app. I see it's free, so am like, "Why not?". So I downloaded it... turns out ace! I love pixel art and this "Sensi" helping me out is rather funny. I reccomend this app to everyone! :) I am one happy person to be free to drop things, making universes! :)

WorldCraft
WorldCraft

1.0 out of 5 stars Why? Just why?, 10 May 2014
This review is from: WorldCraft (App)
I read the reviews and thought "Ok, I want to see for myself." so I downloaded it - it was deleted within two minutes! Just awful!
The controls are hard, you can't look all the way up, there's no survival mode, you bounce back when you walk or jump into a block edge, it's really glitchy, you can't fly, you walk so slowly and when I went into the water, I couldn't get back out because the walls were caved in and I couldn't mine blocks while in the water!
I thought it would just be a simple version of Minecraft, but free, but nope!
And I thought Minecraft was bad!
Get Terraria, it's awesome! This game just sucks. It's just as well it's free! Grrr! >:(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3