Profile for Ms. Fl Malpass > Reviews

Content by Ms. Fl Malpass

Ms. Fl Malpass (West Mids, England)

Byron MP001 100m Mp3 Wireless Door Chime with 32 Pre-Loaded Sounds
Byron MP001 100m Mp3 Wireless Door Chime with 32 Pre-Loaded Sounds
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars The nerdy doorbell I desired!, 16 Jun. 2012
We moved into a new house with a porch on the front and missed no end of packages etc as we couldn't hear people knocking. We've just got this doorbell today and I couldn't be happier with it. The instructions are clear enough and there's no difficult steps. It works fine through our UPVC porch and we've set up the box in the hall so you can hear it.

There are some normal polyphonic chime sounds on there already and included is a card for a website where you can download more for free, but we wanted this for the fact you could add on MP3s.

If you're familiar with connecting up MP3 players/USB sticks with the computer and dragging and dropping then there's no issue there. It comes with the connector cable so no need to go out and buy one.

The only thing I had a slight issue with is the software it comes with to edit the MP3. It recommends 8-10 seconds and I found their software tricky to use to cut it down and ended up using one I'm more familiar with (but it's free and they didn't HAVE to provide it).

Some people elsewhere have complained that if their neighbours have wireless doorbells they can end up ringing the doorbells in the surrounding areas. In the instruction manual it tells you how to set your bell and the box so it's only your bell that will be triggered.

Very happy with it, does what I wanted.

Black Sails At Midnight
Black Sails At Midnight

4.0 out of 5 stars CD awesome - ltd ed... not so much, 1 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Black Sails At Midnight (Audio CD)
The CD is the usual Alestorm awesomeness, it's nice having Leviathan on CD along with the other new ones. I really enjoyed it ^_^ The CD gets 5/5, the fact that it's not that a great ltd edition knocked a star off

At the moment it's about £16 and I'm kind of glad I used a voucher on it. If you've seen Alestorm live already I wouldn't bother too much about getting the DVD. It's fine... but it's not amazing and I've seen them better. If you haven't seen them live or saw them at Wacken you'll be more bothered about it. The packaging isn't brilliant either. The cover's prettier than the basic edition but that's about it.

I'd wait and see if it comes down in price if you're determined you want this one...

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof but the porch broke, 19 Aug. 2008
I bought this specifically for a festival and as it was my first time camping I didn't want to get something that looked complicated.

I'd practiced setting it up beforehand so it went up extremely easily, but about half an hour after I'd put it up I head my friend tell me that it was broken. The porch pole had snapped, going through the fabric holder bit. While it meant I could still use my tent it meant the door/flaps were right up against the main door of the tent so when it rained I had to crawl through those first when they were soaking wet. Not the easiest thing to do.

It was extremely waterproof however. There was torrential rain about three nights of my stay and while a lot of people's cheaper tents let the rain in there were no such problems here.

For a two man tent it was also just big enough for me on my own with all my stuff in it. Taller people might have an issue with it as it just about fit me and I'm about 5'6.