Profile for A. L. Fowler > Reviews

Content by A. L. Fowler

A. L. Fowler

Mains Battery Charger for Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W710, DSC-W730, DSC-W800, DSC-W810 and DSC-W830 Digital Camera - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

4.0 out of 5 stars Charger for my SonyCybershot batteries., 4 Sept. 2015
My Sony Cybershot camera batteries can no longer use the in-camera charger for reasons best known itself to its self. My search for a suitable mains battery charger found this product and purchased it. It was put to work as soon as it arrived and I now have spare fully-charged batteries to take on holiday and other occasions.
The charger arrived on time and solved my battery re-charging needs.

The Book of Audacity: Record, Edit, Mix, and Master with the Free Audio Editor
The Book of Audacity: Record, Edit, Mix, and Master with the Free Audio Editor
by Carla Schroder

4.0 out of 5 stars Audacity for casual users., 11 July 2015
I use Audacity both in Windows and Linux for editing and converting audio files from a variety of sources. Currently, I am converting my 78 vinyl records to lossless CDs with their clicks and noise greatly reduced.
As an intermittent Audacity user, "The Book of Audacity by Carla Schroder" got me up to up to speed on the various applications I needed and especially how to use them.
The book is aimed at someone like me and is now in my bookshelf.

Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Digital TV Recorder (Requires Satellite Dish) (Old model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Satellite Receiver and Digital TV Recorder, 4 Sept. 2011
The product arrived on the date promised.
The Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Satellite Receiver and Digital TV Recorder was installed without any problems. The menu systems were clear and I had no problem operating the system in all of its functions. There is enough space on the 500GB Hard Disk for my needs and if I wish to export any of these recordings the facilities are there.
In all a highly competent product but for those not having the skills to install or set up the Humax Foxsat this could cause problems.
As you can guess I am very satisfied with this purchase.

GIMP Bible
GIMP Bible
by Jason van Gumster

4.0 out of 5 stars GIMP for Linux and Windows photo editing., 6 Jun. 2010
This review is from: GIMP Bible (Paperback)
I have been using GIMP to edit photos for my web applications and for our families to enjoy.
In the past I ave used Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, but moving to Linux, Ubuntu and Mandriva Power Pack, I became acquainted with GIMP's ability to edit and create high quality images in Linux. This then persuaded me to use GIMP for all my cross-platform needs.
I did a search for books and found the GIMP Bible which was what I needed to help me use GIMP more fully. The other reason is that I already use another Bible the Linux Command Line and Scripting Bible, its a massive 809 pages and has increased my Linux skills more than I could have done unaided.

The GIMP Bible's 722 pages is a comprehensive and worthwhile investment for my cross-platform needs.