Profile for M. Wells > Reviews

Content by M. Wells

M. Wells "Bookworm" (Oxfordshire, U.K.)

Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Delicate With Optirenal Rich In Turkey, 3Kg
Purina Pro Plan Cat Food Delicate With Optirenal Rich In Turkey, 3Kg

2.0 out of 5 stars May have made cat ill, 1 Aug. 2017
Unfortunately this had a bad effect on my cat - awful gas after two servings and then refused to eat it, which is not like her. Maybe it was a bad batch, or maybe it was just a coincidence, but I don't think I'll buy pet food online again except from an actual pet shop. It's not worth the risk.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [DVD] [2015]
Star Wars: The Force Awakens [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars May the force be with you, 5 Feb. 2017
Great reboot of the Star Wars franchise - almost makes me forget about the abysmal prequels!

Detectorists - Series 1-2 Complete [DVD]
Detectorists - Series 1-2 Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mackenzie Crook

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gentle comedy, 22 Jan. 2017
A gem of a TV show, I'd thoroughly recommend it!

Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger)
Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger)
by V C Andrews
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars The flowers wilted..., 14 Jan. 2017
Flowers in the Attic is an unusual and at times uncomfortable to read book, but it is definitely a page turner so I decided to carry on with the next one. Petals on the Wind made me think of that old quote 'everyone has a book inside them'. In VC Andrews' case, Flowers in the Attic was the book. This one was truly dreadful. It was one never-ending melodramatic round of 'How else can I make my main female character miserable (and yet endlessly and tediously forbearing)?' All three of the children from the first book seemed to have undergone personality transplants for the worse. I wish I'd stopped at the first one...

250g Organic True Cinnamon Powder (Ceylon) Sri Lanka by Stay Fresh Organics
250g Organic True Cinnamon Powder (Ceylon) Sri Lanka by Stay Fresh Organics
Offered by Stay Fresh Organics

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure..., 8 Jan. 2017
I know a previous reviewer has already questioned whether this is genuine ceylon cinnamon, but it does look like the processed cinnamon you buy in the supermarket. I compared it to the ceylon cinnamon I still had left from another supplier and there is an obvious difference. It's redder and powdery, not at all grainy. But maybe it comes down to the process used?

Saints Row The Third: Platinum Pack (Xbox 360)
Saints Row The Third: Platinum Pack (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Most pointless content ever?, 24 Nov. 2011
I pre-ordered this edition because I love the Saints Row franchise and like to get the special editions of all games. However the headset (which is basically what you are paying for here as you can get the pre-order content game for about £39.99) does not work with XBox 360!! They may as well have included a map pack DLC for a conole that doesn't exist - I'll repeat myself because I can't believe it, the star of this XBox special edition is a set of headphones that will not work with your XBox! You can use them for mp3 playes, but who wants to walk around listening to their ipod with a big pair of Saints Row headphones on? My copy has been sent back. What a waste of time.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 2:33 PM GMT

WALL E - Electronic Truck Play Set
WALL E - Electronic Truck Play Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a bit disappointing, 9 Jan. 2009
I ordered this truck playset as a gift for my nephew, he is a big Wall.E fan. When he opened it up he was obviously disappointed with it and I could see why.
The action figure is one that has nothing to do with the truck, you would expect Wall.E or Eve, but it is a small white robot that you have to mount on a stand, it can't stand by itself.
There are some sound effects which are easy to use, and batteries are already installed.
The annoying part was all the stickers. two sheets of them, between 40-50 that need applying. The inside of the truck has the pictures of Wall.Es' "treasures" which from the picture I saw, looked like moulded plastic. Actually they are just stickers and you have to put them on yourself. If you don't have an exacting steady hand, they don't line up together very well. Home applied stickers also tend to wear away more quickly.
The front of the truck does not open at all. The roof opens, it doesn't close all the way, and the back door comes down, but can stick.
The fact that most of the detail is supplied in all the stickers, only one minor figure is included, and there are no accessories mean this toy is not worth around £30 in my opinion and should not be described as a playset.

The Breakfast Club - 2 Disc Special Edition [DVD] [1985]
The Breakfast Club - 2 Disc Special Edition [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Molly Ringwald
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this version!, 30 Dec. 2008
I bought this dvd just because it was cheaper than the one disc version, and I was pleasantly surprised!
The bonus disc has a 12-part documentary that I'd never seen before with cast members (Ally Sheedy, Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall, the care-taker)and film-makers discussing the film and its cultural resonance. They also discuss the Brat Pack label and it's impact on the actors' careers. There are different parts for each character and the music soundtrack.