Profile for Janet from Croxley Green > Reviews

Content by Janet from Cro...

Janet from Croxley Green (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend
What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend

5.0 out of 5 stars Also life changing!, 18 Feb. 2017
See my main review under "168 hours - You have more time than you think" also by Laura Vanderkam. I highly recommend both these books.

168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think
168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, 18 Feb. 2017
I initially read "What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend" also by Laura Vanderkam, and that inspired me to move on to this book - 168 hours. I found both books (which essentially cover the same principles) completely inspiring and life changing. I had felt, for a long time, that I wasn't getting enough out of life. A couple of reads of these books and it is like someone flipped a switch - all of a sudden I find myself making time for outings, hobbies, etc, and the chores just get done whenever I can fit them in! Can't recommend highly enough.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, 6 July 2016
Not a lot more to say really - echo all the other positive reviews about this book.

Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover/Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for Apple iPad Mini - Red
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 8 Jan. 2014
Case is slim and light but offers good protection. Folds to form a stand. Ipad wakes automatically on opening the case. Good price.

Salter Contour Electronic Timer
Salter Contour Electronic Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, 13 Oct. 2013
From reading other reviews it seems there are two versions of this product and I have the 4 magnet version which is appalling quality - the buttons just don't work - you have to press them numerous times to try to stop or start the timer. Would have given it no stars if possible. It will be going in the bin as soon as I find a replacement.

The Expats
The Expats

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story but you need to concentrate, 4 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Expats (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very entertaining with many satisfying twists to the story from about a third of the way through the book. However I've given it 4 stars rather than 5 because I found it very hard work due to the skipping backwards and forwards in time, as mentioned by other reviewers. The story jumps between the present day in Paris and one year earlier in Luxembourg but obviously as the story progresses, the Luxembourg action gradually gets closer in time to the present day and it can get quite confusing. There are also flashbacks to an earlier time in the States, which are easy to spot. About halfway through the book I had to stop, go back and re-read the beginning of each chapter, to get the story straight. My advice to anyone just starting this book - as you start each chapter, make sure you know where and when it is!

Aquapure Traveller Water Purification Bottle & Filter-Supplied in Assorted Colours
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, let down by filter life, 28 Oct. 2012
I bought one of these 4 years ago when I did a 10 month trip around the world. Drank tap water throughout Asia and South America with no problems. It was particularly useful when arriving off a flight, perhaps late at night, no need to go searching for bottled water in a strange city/country. However, I didn't get anywhere near the number of advertised litres from each filter. I had taken one spare, which should have been sufficient to last for my trip (and I kept a record of how many litres I purified, so I would know when the filter should be replaced), but within a relatively short period of time it became impossible to get any water through the filter. So after only getting a fraction of expected use out of the first filter I had to move on and use my spare (and arrange to get another spare sent out to me). The same thing happened with the spare, and so it went on. I'm now planning a two week trip to India and have just ordered a Travel Tap (for the price of a replacement filter for the Aqua Pure), so hoping this will be more reliable. Will report back on my return.

George Foreman 4-Portion Family Removable Plates Grill 14685 - Black
George Foreman 4-Portion Family Removable Plates Grill 14685 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the removable plates, 24 Oct. 2012
Like a number of other reviewers, we bought this grill as a replacement for one of the earlier models with non-removable plates, which was a complete pain to clean. The removable plates are great - very easy to remove and replace (ignore any reviews saying they don't drain - they must have put the plates back on the wrong way round!). It is a bit slower to heat up (5 mins versus 2 mins for the old model) and it does cook at a slightly lower temperature but I see this as a benefit as the old model used to turn meats to charcoal on the outside; the new one gives more even cooking. Only minor gripe is stingy length of cord - can make it difficult to position where you want to.

Watch Over Me: The No. 1 Bestseller (Glen Avich)
Watch Over Me: The No. 1 Bestseller (Glen Avich)

2.0 out of 5 stars Pass the sick bucket...., 9 Oct. 2012
The first couple of chapters of this book were OK but from the point that Eilidh went back to Scotland it got progressively more nauseating. The increasing use of the word "wee" (as highlighted by another reviewer) started to drive me nuts. In particular, the descriptions of angelic wee children in their wee pink ballet outfits with wee pink ribbons in their hair (etc, etc) had me reaching for the sick bucket.

Birkenstock Gizeh, Womens-Adults' Sandals
Birkenstock Gizeh, Womens-Adults' Sandals
Price: £35.16 - £143.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Baffled by sizing, 5 May 2012
I would love to order a pair of these but I'm put off by the baffling sizing guidelines. I'm a UK size 4, EU size 37 but there are 2 size charts - a Women's chart, where a UK 4 is a EU 37 (length 240mm) and a Unisex chart, where a UK 4 is a EU 35 (225mm)?!?! As if this wasn't confusing enough, there is a 37M and a 37N and I can't find any explanation of the difference. If anyone has successfully ordered the right size, please could they explain how the sizing works?
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2016 2:54 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3