Profile for PC Crazy > Reviews

Content by PC Crazy

PC Crazy (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
2pcs 3D Active Glasses COOLUX@ FOR SONY TV Models Replace to X940C, X930C, X910C, W850C, W800C, TDG-BT500A, TDG-BT400A TVs(USB Rechargeable Battery)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 26 July 2016
Bought these for my 3D Sony Bravia X85C TV. Delivery time was exceptional, arrived the next day and I'm pleased to say they actually do work. Why am I surprised? Well these days many things don't. They are quite well made, comfortable over my normal glasses and registered with the TV at first go. The rechargeable battery makes things much easier than having to replace it and the charge has already lasted 3 days having watched several films and demos, still haven't needed to do a recharge. It's best to use them in a dark room to avoid any light distraction around the top and sides but that would be normal anyway for best results.

I will update if anything goes awry.

JJC MA-F2 Shutter Cable Release for Sony A58/A7/A7R/A7S/RX100II/RX100III/HX300/NEX-3N Camera with Multi Interface

3.0 out of 5 stars Does tend to stick in the lock position, 23 July 2016
Cheap and cheerful but it works most of the time. The only problem I have is that it's easy to press down too hard on the slider button and take more photos than you bargained for as it sticks in the lock position but is easily released afterwards. Otherwise not too bad for the money.

The A-Z of Pointless: A brain-teasing bumper book of questions and trivia (Pointless Books)
by Alexander Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 23 July 2016
A fun book to have by your chair when there's nothing much on TV. I love quizzes and particularly this show so it suits me for some fun and you can learn things too.

Collins Nicholson Inland Waterways Map of Great Britain (Nicholson Waterways Map)
by Collins Maps
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map and detail, 23 July 2016
Great map for all the details of the canal system. As I am an avid walker, it's really helpful to follow the canals on the map and see what's what and where to go. I bought it for this reason.

DSTE® 2x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Sony Alpha 7, a7, Alpha 7R, a7R, Alpha 7R II, Alpha a3000, a6000, NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6, NEX-7, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, SLT-A33, SLT-A35, SLT-A37, SLT-A55V, Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Digital Camera
Offered by QiaoJL

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 23 July 2016
For many many years I have always bought spare batteries from Amazon for my cameras and have never had cause to complain. However, these batteries are rubbish. They don't always charge and when they do they run out very quickly even if you don't use the camera but leave the battery in it. I nearly sent them back when I bought them but as I was going on holiday I didn't have time to buy more and as they were relatively cheap, I decided to keep them. I am now on the lookout for some better ones.

Sony SEL24240 E Mount - Full Frame Vario T* 16-35mm F4.0 Zeiss Lens
Sony SEL24240 E Mount - Full Frame Vario T* 16-35mm F4.0 Zeiss Lens

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, could be better, 12 Jun. 2016
With so few E mount full frame lens available for the Sony A7 range, I had no choice other than to opt for this lens despite it's weight and expense. Yes, it's heavy and when you have it around your neck all day on a shoot, it can become quite tiring if you're a small person like myself. My photography covers a wide range of subjects and situations that vary from minute to minute so to keep changing lens would be out of the question. Ideally I would have liked a 24-135 or thereabouts. I am not overjoyed with the lens as at the 24mm end there is very noticeable barrel distortion and at the 240mm end the edges are decidedly blurry. This isn't apparent on all shots at the 240 end so I am not sure what is happening here. I do seem to spend a lot of time sharpening the edges in photos afterwards. I find no problem using the full 240 zoom without a tripod and the 6.3 aperture at this range also presents no problem as using a slower shutter speed to increase light in my A7 Mk2 is superb. The lens is not particularly good on closer range subjects either such as flowers, better to stand further back and then crop the photo afterwards which again shouldn't be necessary but this produces a clearer photo. Enclosed a shot showing bad distortion at 53mm
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nipits Liquorice Pellets Original Pocket-Size Tins 12 g (Pack of 6)
Nipits Liquorice Pellets Original Pocket-Size Tins 12 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 15 Jan. 2016
Can't find anywhere to buy these other than Amazon so bought several tins as they are great. Love them or loathe them but one can't fault the item or delivery.-

My First Touch and Feel Book: Christmas
My First Touch and Feel Book: Christmas
by Little Tiger Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Jan. 2016
Christmas present and well received by recipient

Duracell MN2400 Plus Power Alkaline AAA Size Batteries (Pack of 12)
Duracell MN2400 Plus Power Alkaline AAA Size Batteries (Pack of 12)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 7 Jan. 2016
On opening these batteries to use one in my clock, it wouldn't even turn the second hand so I tested them all in a testing device and it stated "replace", they were all drained despite the date still being OK. I am somewhat annoyed as they were more expensive than buying the same on the high street.

Epson Expression Home XP-235 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Epson Expression Home XP-235 All-in-One Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 7 Jan. 2016
All set up using WiFi on tablet, laptop and phone. No problems.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6