Profile for terri the cook > Reviews

Content by terri the cook

terri the cook "terri" (Warrington Cheshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Psychic Surveys Book Four: Old Cross Cottage: A Gripping Supernatural Thriller
Psychic Surveys Book Four: Old Cross Cottage: A Gripping Supernatural Thriller

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 13 May 2017
A cross between the Enid Blyton famous five books, including dog, and the trashiest Mills and Boon boon books, how many times can you refer to the ` caramel skin` of the long suffering hero without sounding racist. The four books are complete rubbish, I bought the set thinking they would be an entertaining diversion, how wrong can a person be, how old is the writer? I would suggest she is about fifteen or an older woman with a severe case of arrested development. I tried to persevere with them but ended up skim reading, poor adolescent writing, badly constructed and juvenile in the extreme, lovers of decent books should avoid.

The Descent of Man
The Descent of Man

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 1 May 2017
found this hard work and gave up part way through

The Secrets Of Seldom Seen: The Second Inspector McClennan Mystery (The Inspector McClennan Mysteries Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic and boring, 22 April 2017
Having read the first book in this series I was curios to know if the author had improved her skills. This book suggests she has not, it is a boring plodding story with one dimensional characters, the plot plods along at a snail's pace and the finale all ending downright stupid. This book is almost Mills and Boon in essence. Anyone wanting an intelligent well crafted story with believable well rounded characters should avoid this book I will certainly not be reading any more of these books.

Hawthorn 50 ml Crataegus Tincture
Hawthorn 50 ml Crataegus Tincture
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars repeat purchase, 21 April 2017
repeat purchase as I am using this for hypertension and feel that it makes a difference

Nature's Plus AgeLoss First Day Healthy Inflammation Response Tablets
Nature's Plus AgeLoss First Day Healthy Inflammation Response Tablets
Offered by new castle springs

3.0 out of 5 stars Loooong nights, 21 April 2017
I am giving these three stars as I am not sure whether they were responsible for both myself and my husband suffering insomnia within a few days of starting on these. The supplement appeared to give us increased energy and my husband noted that his concentration and focus was improved, however, this did not make up for the chronic sleep deprivation , interestingly neither of us felt int least bit tired despite the severe lack of sleep which was a bit of a concern. Have still got half a bottle - at this price I am reluctant to discard them but may try again with a much lower dose, the instructions on the pack state that three a day should be taken at the same time, I think I may start with one in the mornings and monitor the situation, my husband is reluctant to try again but we will see

Fine Pink Himalayan Salt, 100 Percent, Pure, Premium Quality 1 Kilogram
Fine Pink Himalayan Salt, 100 Percent, Pure, Premium Quality 1 Kilogram
Offered by PRIDDYFAIR NUTRITION

5.0 out of 5 stars surprised but pleased, 21 April 2017
I have been using natural salt for some years knowing that this is better for my health than commercial brands. However this was the first time I had purchased Pink Himalayan salt though I have looked at it in shops on numerous occasions and was somewhat doubtful that it would be any different to the brand I have been using.
The pack arrived early and was well packed, it is a really bright pink and very fine in texture, I cooked with it for the first time and was very surprised as the difference it make to the dish is was preparing. It gave a very subtle different taste to the dish enhancing the taste of the ingredients and imparting a hint of sweetness, my husband suggested that the salt also gave a slightly oriental back note which he really enjoyed.
All in all I will continue to use this product and would recommend this and the seller to others

The Wave at Hanging Rock: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller
The Wave at Hanging Rock: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 23 Mar. 2017
Really enjoyed this book

Sister Sister: A truly gripping psychological thriller
Sister Sister: A truly gripping psychological thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 23 Mar. 2017
Not that gripping, very predictable

Unforgotten [DVD] [2015]
Unforgotten [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Sanjeev Bhaskar

5.0 out of 5 stars Waiting the next series, 23 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Unforgotten [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
We bought this after watching the second series on TV, cannot understand how we missed this.
Brilliant acting and storyline with the police being shown as human and able to accept that they are not always right unlike the real police force, pity they do not watch these and take some lessons from them

The House On The Strand (Virago Modern Classics Book 2162)
The House On The Strand (Virago Modern Classics Book 2162)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 23 Mar. 2017
I have read other books by Daphne Du Maurier over the years which I have enjoyed. This book was among the best and has rekindled my interest in this author and I will buy more books by her.
She kept up the sense of suspense throughout and it was hard to put this book down, finally finished it in the early hours of the morning and loved every sentence. It described psychological and physical addiction very well and the impact of this on wider family.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10