Profile for Rushhoursoul > Reviews

Content by Rushhoursoul

Rushhoursoul (Oxfordshire, England)

Betron RK300 Earphones Headphones Noise Isolating Lightweight for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mp3 Players, Samsung Etc - Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headphones at a Budget Price, 28 April 2017
Good quality headphones at an excellent price. Comfortable to wear. Delivery was swift and problem-free.

Cradle To The Grave
Cradle To The Grave

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Classic from Squeeze!, 23 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Cradle To The Grave (Audio CD)
This is a simply fantastic new Squeeze album. I approached it with some trepidation as a long-standing fan of Squeeze with some happy memories of past highs and not such good memories of the lows ('Cosi Fan Tutti Fruiti' anyone?! Thought not). I so wanted this new venture to be good, but it has exceeded all my expectations. The strength of each song is certainly up there with East Side Story and Some Fantastic Place, so if you like these albums you should also love this one. Glen's Tilbrook's voice (and Chris Diffords harmonies) are still so strong, the song-writing is superb - particularly like 'Nirvana' but the song quality is maintained to the end. Agree with another reviewer that there are no tracks you would want to skip through. Saw them live again in Oxford a couple of days ago and the new line-up works really well. Thank you Squeeze for enriching my life once again!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2015 10:46 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality for the price, 12 Sept. 2014
I am very pleased with these gloves - they fit well and have a lovely ruched effect up the sleeves. Excellent quality for the price

Far Cry 2 (PC)
Far Cry 2 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined by overly restrictive activation, 21 May 2009
This review is from: Far Cry 2 (PC) (Video Game)
This game is ruiined by a crazy and restricctuve activaiotn scheme that has prevented us form using it since the pc we originally installed it on had broken and now we cannot revoke it on this machine and get our activation capability back. Madness.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2009 9:31 PM BST

Our Earthly Pleasures
Our Earthly Pleasures
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply - sublime, 21 April 2007
This review is from: Our Earthly Pleasures (Audio CD)
I just adore this album - but not at first. It was the same with 'A Certain Trigger' which I also found to be a 'bit of a grower', but quite soon came to love (& through constant playing made the rest of my family love too!)

I think Maximo Park excell in many areas but particularly in their songwriting. They have a unique way of often seeming to stitch two or even three different songs together (as on 'Our Velocity'). Because of this I think their songs continually surprise you and have so much to discover. There's a strong hook line in every one, but it took me about 5 listens to this album right the way through for them to get inside my head. Now I simply cannot stop playing it. So if you feel the same way after one or two listens, don't give up on it.

Stand out tracks for me are 'Our Velocity' which I just put on repeat, 'Books from Boxes' which is heart-rendingly beautiful and 'The Unshockable' but I am growing to love every single song, as I did with 'A Certain Trigger'.

I just don't think there is anyone to better Maximo Park in Britain today - if your musical interests veer towards Alternative/Indie stuff you will love it. The reviewer comparing them to Franz Ferdinand was right - they have a similar intellectual angle, with intriguing & clever lyrics waiting to be discovered and appreciated. Now, I must see them live....! And then await the 3rd album.