Profile for Sara Andersson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Snow Queen Costume Matching Slippers for Girls Dress Up
Snow Queen Costume Matching Slippers for Girls Dress Up

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad quality, 2 Aug. 2016
Please do not buy these slippers if you're expecting them to last for more than a day.
I have two young girls who are Frozen mad and I bought them a pair each. The girls absolutely loved them but already on day 1 (day one!!) all four (one on each shoe) silver jewellery/buckles came off as they were only glued on to the fabric bow. In addition to this the blue plastic 'precious stone' also came out of its fitting. Already on the first day we glued everything back on with super glue but all four 'previous stones' have since come off again, and two of the buckles.
I have now sewed two buckled on again and will have to buy even stronger glue to get the stones back on!
I know they are cheap and meant for a bit of fun but I really expected them to last a bit more than a day! Given the tears we've had so far already and all the faffing sewing and gluing I really wish I had never bought them!

VTech Baby Moosical Beads
VTech Baby Moosical Beads
Offered by Retailaneous

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite toy, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Moosical Beads (Toy)
Our daughter was given this co was a gift when she was about 5 months old. She took very little interest in it then but a few months later it was suddenly a favorite! At 8 months old we moved house and the cow somehow disappeared in the move but seeing how much she'd loved it I bought her another one after a while and although she's too little to articulate or maybe even realize that she 'misses' something, the joy on her face was clear to see when the replacement arrived in the mail - she loves it! She's now 14 months and it's still a favourite. Highly recommended!!!!

Summer ChangeAway Changing Pouch
Summer ChangeAway Changing Pouch

1.0 out of 5 stars Portable nappy station - doll size!, 27 Jun. 2014
This is our third portable nappy changing station. We lost the first one (fell out of the buggy) which is why we bought our 2nd one. With lots of stairs in our house we figured we might as well get another one to make sure we have a neatly rolled up nappy station on every floor to save us lots of running up and down.
Thinking that a nappy station is a nappy station (how different could they possibly be?!) I was VERY surprised when this arrived - it's tiny!!! There is one plastic resealable pocket (most likely intended for wet wipes) and two mesh pockets (for nappies). All three pockets are SMALL....VERY SMALL. You can only ram a handful of wet wipes in the plastic pocket which is useless - any parent knows that you need LOADS the minute you leave the house. The mesh pockets are tiny as well, I can squeeze two nappies in each but that's at a squeeze - again you want to be prepared for anything when you leave the house! The answer is that you have to restock the pockets more or less before every use - what's the point in that?
As for the size of the mat itself it is also too small. My daughter is now 12 months old and she wriggles, like all babies that are not just newborn do. Unless I pin her down she'll wriggle her bum off this mat before I've even had the dirty nappy off, let alone cleaned her.
I am now considering buying a 4th (!!!) nappy changing station to replace this one as it is completely pointless. This I'll keep for my daughter when she's a bit older so she can use it for her dolls - much more appropriate size!!
DO NOT BUY!!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless shoe rack, 27 Jun. 2014
I very much regret ever buying this flimsy shoe rack. For a start it wobbles which isn't great. To continue shoes tend to just slip off the rack as the bars are round and slippery. Thirdly the gap between the first and second level isn't high enough to even fit most of my husbands shoes in!
We bought the shoe rack as a a cheap temporary solution as we're in the process of moving house but even as such there is not one day when this she rack doesn't annoy the hell out of us. Do not buy!!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only dummies our daughter will take!, 9 Jun. 2014
We already had two of these dummies but as I'm terrified of losing them I have now stocked up on more. I've tried other dummies but these are the only ones that will comfort her at night - she'll go hunting for them in her cot and put them in her mouth herself and fall back asleep again. The glow in the dark function unfortunately doesn't work for long so don't buy them if that's specifically what you are after - as dummies though they are great and even our daughter is now 13 months and should move on to a larger size these are still the only ones she will take.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent diet but if you've already seen the program there's not much point in buying the book, 9 Jun. 2014
We saw the BBC program that resulted in this book and were intrigued and thought we'd buy the book to get more in depth detail.
Turns out everything in the program is covered in the book but not much else. You get calorie tables and menu suggestions that you don't get in the TV program but if you feel that you are already confident and calorie savvy enough there is not much need for the book.
It's a great diet and the science behind it is fascinating - we're now doing it not so much to lose weight but as a lifestyle choice (although you will lose weight as well if you need to). The bottom line is: I'd thoroughly recommend following the fast diet but to do so you could either watch the program OR read the book, you don't really need to do both.

Melissa & Doug 13723 Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle - 8 Pieces
Melissa & Doug 13723 Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle - 8 Pieces

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid puzzle, 9 Jun. 2014
Good, solid puzzle - I can't fault it.
Our daughter is not captivated by it though and won't spend much time on it, perhaps the design is not doing it for her?

Nuby Splash-n-Catch Bathtime Fishing Set
Nuby Splash-n-Catch Bathtime Fishing Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bath time fun, 9 Jun. 2014
Our 1 year old daughter is at the sorting stage at the moment - everything that can be put away and pulled out again will keep her entertained for ages. She has loads of fun with this fishing set and spends ages putting everything in the net and taking them back out again. I can thoroughly recommend it.

Tales From Acorn Wood: Postman Bear
Tales From Acorn Wood: Postman Bear
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story and illustrations, 9 Jun. 2014
Nice story and illustrations but for whatever reason it is just not catching my daughters attention. Our 1 year old daughter loves books, particularly brightly coloured flap books so this should fit the bill but for whatever reason it has just not become a favourite. I can't fault it in any way really and our daughter loves so many of Julia Donaldson's other books - just not this one.

The Bedtime Bear: A Pop-up Book for Bedtime (Tom and Bear)
The Bedtime Bear: A Pop-up Book for Bedtime (Tom and Bear)
by Ian Whybrow
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic illustrations and great flap fun for the little ones, 9 Jun. 2014
Our 1 year old daughter loves these illustrations, they are so vivid and bright. The story itself will not win any awards but at our daughters age it is all about the colours and tugging at all the flaps and she'll spend ages flicking through the pages, even on her own. We bought the book because The Ticklemonster book by the same author and illustrator is her absolute favourite; she has read it to pieces to the point where I just could not mend it anymore and I have had to buy a replacement. Seeing this book is in the same style we thought she would love it too, and she definitely does.

Page: 1 | 2