Profile for edifyingDiscourse > Reviews

Content by edifyingDiscourse

edifyingDiscourse (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Finn Crisp Original  Rye 250 g (Pack of 12)
Finn Crisp Original Rye 250 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutritious doesn't have to mean bland, 27 July 2016
I highly recommend this crispbread, it's far superior to Ryvita and is truly wholegrain. It's also more digestible than Ryvita but that could just be psychological on my part.

They're so versatile too, from the typical smoked salmon and cream cheese with dill to leberwurst with onion and tomato. You could even break them up and have them like cereal with sheep's milk and honey. I purchased these in March and I'm only just at the end (I had ordered two boxes) but they're as fresh as ever.

Tyrells Salt and Cider Vinegar Chips 150 g (Pack of 12)
Tyrells Salt and Cider Vinegar Chips 150 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars They're quite tart but there's an underlying sweet aroma, probably from the actual vinegar in the ..., 27 July 2016
These are delicious with a moreish crunch that is quite satisfying. Of course, it makes enjoying these crisps while watching a movie rather difficult but I would urge anyone to give it a go.

They're quite tart but there's an underlying sweet aroma, probably from the actual vinegar in the ingredients. I especially enjoy them with dips on the side which can help take away the acidity but, again, I would highly recommend them.

Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Scratchings 50 g (Pack of 12)
Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Scratchings 50 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delectable, 23 July 2016
Best pork scratchings I've ever had, I can't get enough of them; they go great with a cold beer in the hot sun, or as part of a mixed meze board (eg with olives, pickled garlic, stuffed peppers; you get the idea) with some wine. I like to add cayenne pepper, crushed celery seed and smokey paprika to spice them up a little but they're perfectly delicious as sold. They have just the right amount of salt and a heady porky flavour that is just like a sunday roast. If you ever want to relive the memory of "fighting for the crackling" then get these!

Baby Ruth Bar 59.5 g (Pack of 6)
Baby Ruth Bar 59.5 g (Pack of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Honest opinion, 23 July 2016
I bought these for nostalgia purposes but I forgot how sweet they were! I had to give them all away, they're so unctuous and cloyingly sweet I got the shakes and my teeth hurt. If you like sweet things then go for it, but personally I'm not a big fan, at least since growing up. PS I'm in my 30s and not diabetic so you can't blame my review on any of that.

RayGray Crackling and Apple Sauce Dip 80 g (Pack of 18)
RayGray Crackling and Apple Sauce Dip 80 g (Pack of 18)

3.0 out of 5 stars Will blow you away! (salt content that is), 23 July 2016
They're ok, but I think the Mr. Scratchings pork scratchings are far nicer. The problem with these is that they're sweeter and far too salty. I can never eat the crumbs at the bottom of the bag because I'm left feeling like I'm being interrogated by the CIA. As for the bramley apple dip, didn't care for it with the pork scratchings but it's very nice poured into porridge with some cinnamon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars rapid response and great pricing coupled with GMP status on their products, 27 Feb. 2015
This product is one of the highest concentrations of silymarin available for such a low price, believe me I looked high and low! While others may be cheaper (barely) they often have a minimum amount of the active component of the milk thistle plant which is what actually contributes to liver health.

I received my order very rapidly, considering I'm in Greece. Furthermore, the customer service of Fortis Health is unparalleled, rapid response and great pricing coupled with GMP status on their products, you can't really go wrong.

Hitman: Absolution [PC Code - Steam]
Hitman: Absolution [PC Code - Steam]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game and the code also works for Steam on ..., 28 Aug. 2014
Very fun game and the code also works for Steam on Macs too!

So you have the best of both worlds. It runs very well on my nVidia 650M and I find the gameplay engaging and easy to master. I find myself compulsively replaying levels to get 100%.

Awfully Posh Scorchingly Hot Chilli Pork Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)
Awfully Posh Scorchingly Hot Chilli Pork Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are an unalloyed delight to eat and fortunately not that scorchingly hot, 28 Aug. 2014
These are an unalloyed delight to eat and fortunately not that scorchingly hot, so if you were hoping for something tongue achingly spicy you will be disappointed.

They have a great texture, unlike some pork scratching brands which feel like a picked scab, these are crunchy and almost fluffy.

Madeo Spicy Calabrian N'Duja Paste 3 Kg
Madeo Spicy Calabrian N'Duja Paste 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff although it is *very* spicy, 28 Aug. 2014
I love this stuff although it is *very* spicy, next time I may try for the dolce version.

It's great on pizza, in pasta sauces or just spread on a nairn oatcake with perhaps a touch of Greek yogurt to help offset some of the spiciness.

Unlike some other brands it's not very salty either.

Physionics Dumbbell Bar Weights Set 2x15 kg Home Gym Fitness Strength Training Weight Plates Lifting
Offered by JAGO24 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars They occupy a lot of space which some may find inhibitory, 28 Aug. 2014
They're full of cement (or at least some substance that isn't a metal) and thus occupy a large volume which I think inhibits perfect form for doing curls and shoulder presses.

I'd love to order a pair of steel ones but Amazon doesn't send them to Greece although they did ship these.

Most peculiar but there you are.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3