Profile for RedHotBelgian > Reviews

Content by RedHotBelgian

RedHotBelgian

Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl (Graphic Novels))
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers in every way!!, 30 July 2013
This is the third graphic novel in the series and so far every one has been AMAZING! The Eternity Code is no different. The story is, of course, brilliant and we get to see Artemis back working with some - reluctant - fairy 'friends'. The plot is fast paced and I won't spoil it here but the thing that sets this one apart from the first two is the depth and feeling of the relationships between Artemis and Butler, his parents, Holly and so on.

Apart from the cracking story the artwork and the colouring is superb, every page, every panel is a visual feast.

What else can I say... when is the next one out????

Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl Graphic Novels)
Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl Graphic Novels)
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, even better than I thought it would be, 12 April 2012
Just finished this and had to write how much I enjoyed it. I read the original book maybe 15 years ago, and to be honest I remember thinking it was good, but not great. So my expectations weren't high when I picked this up on a whim. How wrong I was. It works PERFECTLY as a graphic novel, or rather, the adaptation and the artwork are so good that they make it work perfectly as a graphic novel. The story zips along and the artwork is amazing, but the characters are also really well developed and make you want to learn more about them (which is why I'm about to buy the second adaptation).

Now I am off to add this GN to the 'pile of things that I will one day blow my kids mind with'...

Colour Me Crazy (Colour Jets)
Colour Me Crazy (Colour Jets)
by Andrew Donkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on many levels - an excellent read, 26 Mar. 2012
I bought this book for my 3 year old this Christmas and she absolutely loved it. At its most basic it is a lively story that you will enjoy reading to your young kids. But what also struck me about the book what how it also cleverly combined 'learning' into the story (the coloured spec-trums for instance) that opened up all sorts of interesting chats with inquisitive toddlers. On top of that there are lots of irreverent asides and jokes that even the grown-ups can enjoy. All in all a lovely book that keeps the interest despite the inevitable re-reads that young kids demand!