Profile for Easterchick > Reviews

Evacuee Girl (M)
Evacuee Girl (M)
Offered by LEGS GALORE LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Not nice material at all, 1 Aug. 2016
Ordered for my daughter for Evacuee dress up day at school. Unfortunately the material is horrible - it feels like the kind of material they use to make cheap bags from to give you freebies in at trade shows etc. She refused to wear it.

KS2 English Targeted Question Book: Punctuation - Year 6 (for the New Curriculum)

5.0 out of 5 stars Help stop the brain drain, 1 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter is about to start year 6 and following feedback from her teacher that she would benefit from extra work on her punctuation, we are currently using this book over the summer holidays to help get her up to speed before year 6 starts. Packed with helpful exercises to practise punctuation, they are easy to use and come with an answer section. I think it would be useful to combine this with other English workbooks to get maximum benefit.

True Tales of Scientists _ Reading Book: Alhazen, Anning, Darwin & Curie
True Tales of Scientists _ Reading Book: Alhazen, Anning, Darwin & Curie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read for yr 5-6, 2 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this for my daughter in year 5. She enjoyed reading the stories, which are clearly laid out and give you a sense of the person behind the name - what they were 'famous' for and how they got there. I took off a star because I felt it could have been more useful if directly linked to the Curriculum.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipliner Couture 302 Bois de Rose
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipliner Couture 302 Bois de Rose
Offered by Faith Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour, 19 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great lipliner - goes on smoothly and has good staying power. Slightly browner than I expected, with a tinge of pink.

New KS2 English Targeted Question Book: Year 5 Comprehension - Book 1
New KS2 English Targeted Question Book: Year 5 Comprehension - Book 1
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for preventing holiday brain drain and working on question technique, 31 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter is currently in year 5 at a very academic school. She has exams coming up next month and so we were looking for books to help avoid the dreaded 'brain drain' over the Christmas holidays. English comprehension is one of her better subjects, but that's mainly because we regularly use books like these to practise technique. These types of questions come up over and over again, and by knowing how to read the questions first, so you can read the text already knowing what information to look for, you can really improve your ability to get good grades. We are enjoying getting stuck into this Targeted Question book with its fifteen different styles of exercise, covering fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. I get what others are saying about there not being any answers with it, but to be honest it's not too difficult. As I mentioned we do these mainly to practise technique so she can get it right first time in class.

11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests Ages 7-8 (for GL & Other Test Providers)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A good practice book for children with 11+ potential, 27 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this for my 8 year old daughter who has potential to sit the 11+. From a parental perspective, this felt at the right level for her, and the exercises got progressively more complex throughout the book. From her perspective, she liked the structure of the book and found the exercises clearly laid out and logical. This got us through a summer holiday avoiding the dreaded 'brain drain'. We will definitely be buying more from this series.

Revell Revell30010 Orbis Airbrush Power Studio
Revell Revell30010 Orbis Airbrush Power Studio
Offered by BuySend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for 7-12 year olds, 27 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ever wondered what to buy an 8 year old boy with an artistic streak, who isn't into cars/ superheroes/ Lego? This was destined for my 7 year old nephew, who is edging his way into that 'difficult to buy for' phase. I can't tell you how much he loved the Airbrush Power Studio. Somehow 'cooler' than buying him an art kit, he has used the a Airbrush Studio to create his own graffiti artwork on a canvas for his bedroom wall. Easy to use, but a little messy, and strongly advise some practise sessions on newspaper, preferably outside, just to get the technique right first.

Hasbro Twister Dance Game
Hasbro Twister Dance Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Appeal will last as long as the first set of batteries!, 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hasbro Twister Dance Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We were so excited to see this because my kids love copying dance moves on console games and YouTube videos, and so we thought we'd try it to see if we could recommend it to other parents for Christmas presents etc.

It's got some good features; there are several different tracks and they have dance step sequences in increasing levels of difficulty. My girls had quite a lot of fun with this and really enjoyed being able to pick it up and take it from room to room. They even took it outside to play with their friends, who also loved it! Maybe you remember back in the day kids taking their 'ghettoblasters' outside to dance around (I do!) well it's been a good few years since we've had anything like that, but now we do.

However, it gets a bit repetitive due to the limited number of tracks. There are 4, but if like my kids yours can only do 2 of them, you reach the stage where you are tempted to not replace the giant fat expensive batteries that this needs. I hate gifts where you have to spend as much on batteries as you do the toy itself! Why couldn't they add a mains charger?

So whilst this has quite a bit of appeal it could well be the toy which is still sat unopened on New Year's Day when you see how many batteries there are!

Rotring 800+ Mechanical Pencil and Touchscreen Stylus, 0.5 mm - Black Barrel
Rotring 800+ Mechanical Pencil and Touchscreen Stylus, 0.5 mm - Black Barrel

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate writing gadget, 25 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions are good. This is nicely presented in a rather minimalist box, and this complements the overall masculine feel of this product rather well. It feels very nice to hold, and is sturdy and chunky - solidly made. However it is a little heavy, probably because you have the extra weight of the stylus part, and so it might not be comfortable to use over long periods of time for handwriting, but I guess the weight might help the stylus connect with the screen better. Certainly it was easy to write with and easy to use the stylus with by Idevices.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, but only because I am female and I am not sure this product was designed with a woman in mind, or even intending to be unisex... and this is why I have only given it 4 stars. Both because of its weight but also the styling. However it is still the ultimate writing gadget - the only pen I've seen which allows you to write on both paper and screens, so whatever you have to hand you are always covered!

Ultrakidz Child Sunny Swimming Shorts - Pink, Size 6
Ultrakidz Child Sunny Swimming Shorts - Pink, Size 6

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for use with a UV sun top, 21 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bought these for my daughter as was looking for something she could wear with a UV sun top instead of having to wear a full swimsuit. First comment was that it was large around the waist, not sure which 6 year olds they measured? However material was good quality and washes well. Rather utilitarian design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20