Profile for Cheryl M-M > Reviews

Content by Cheryl M-M
Top Reviewer Ranking: 875
Helpful Votes: 1939

Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Eight
The Eight

3.0 out of 5 stars Neville mixes historical fact with her fiction, 24 July 2015
This review is from: The Eight (Kindle Edition)
You will have to pay attention to keep up with the multitude of characters and timelines, and it is quite a lengthy book. I have seen many reviewers make comparisons to Dan Brown, but I have to vehemently disagree with any such comparison.
The whole story revolves around the Montglane Service, an infamous chess set rumoured to be the key to an immense source of power. The type of power that can make or break countries, kings and people.
Now, I have to say for a secret of such importance there a certainly plenty of people who know about it. Every Tom, Dick and Harry throughout the centuries seem to know of and want to possess the chess set and its pieces.
The reader wanders from the beginning of the French revolution to the 70's. Visiting the violence and butchery of the streets of Paris, during those times, and the political machinery of the present. Strong women are at the centre of the plot, both in the past and the present.
Neville mixes her fiction with historical fact and extensive knowledge about chess. In essence everyone wants to know where the set is, and those that do are in mortal danger.
It is a little long-winded at times, and the switching from past to present isn't quite as smooth as it could be. The historical sub-plots are quite extensive though, which makes up for some of the weaker parts.
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley.

Chef Maurice and a Spot of Truffle: Volume 1 (Chef Maurice Mysteries)
Chef Maurice and a Spot of Truffle: Volume 1 (Chef Maurice Mysteries)
by J.A. Lang

4.0 out of 5 stars I think Hamilton might be the secret star of this book, 22 July 2015
This is what I would call a cosy murder mystery with an entertaining and memorable main character. It is witty, light and perfect if you are looking for a comfortable read. Crime and murder mysteries are often bogged down with gore, uncomfortable reality and taboo breaking topics. That in itself isn't bad, but there is something to be said for the Christie type of story. The kind of story you read and enjoy without having to enter into the darkest folds of mankind.
As I mentioned before, Lang has created an amusing main character.Chef Maurice is the type of person, who is funny without even realising it. Very charming and completely eccentric. I mean, who keeps cheese and crackers in the glove compartment in case they get peckish? Then again, he is French.
Chef Maurice is joined by his sensible sidekick Arthur, and Harrison the four-legged furless culinary expert. Together they are a fearless trio of crime solving sleuths. Well, perhaps more lucky and accidental than actually deductive, but that is actually the charm of this series.
If you are looking for a spot of humour with your portion of crime, and a cosy entertaining read, then this will be right up your alley.
I received a free copy of this book courtesy of the author.

#DoYourYoga Yogabag »Sunita« yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas, for yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 63 x 0,6 cm. Gaudy flowers

5.0 out of 5 stars Body strap yoga mat bag, 21 July 2015
I have the gaudy flowers design, a beautiful canvas material with flowers all over it and a black background.
I absolutely adore these yoga bags. They are of such great quality, almost a shame just to use it for my yoga mat, so instead I use it for kinds of activities. Fitness, sport in general, beach bag and sometimes even a longish bag. The thinner #DoYourYoga yoga mat »Annapurna Comfort« / 1/4" EXTRA THICK PREMIUM Yoga Mat. Ideal mat for Yoga, Pilates, Gym. Size: 183 x 61 x 0,5cm / available in many colours.. yoga mats fit comfortably into this bag.
This bag is ideal if you ride a bike to your yoga class or jog. You just whip it round your shoulders and onto your back.
The design is really nice, with lovely flowery designs and a dark background, in combination with brown leather and a brown leather DoYourYoga logo on the front. It has a double zip (so you can zip in either direction) at the top and a side pocket with a zip.It is ca 66cm in length, ca 24cm wide and 18 cm high. There is one body strap, as opposed to handles, so you can wear it across your body.
It is made of washable canvas material and has a lovely dark brown interior.
My yoga & fitness buddies have been asking me where I got the fabulous bags from, since I started turning up with DoYourYoga bags. They also have a really neat upwards yoga mat bag/rucksack. #DoYourYoga Yogabag »Damayanti« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 60 x 0,5 cm, available in 9 fantastic colours.
I highly recommend this company.
I received a free copy of this product, courtesy of DoYourYoga, for purposes of review.

#DoYourYoga Yogabag »Vikram« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 63 x 0,6 cm, Rosa Muster
Offered by #DoYourSports GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Body strap yoga mat bag in a rucksack like design, 21 July 2015
I absolutely adore these yoga bags. They are of such great quality, almost a shame just to use it for my yoga mat, so instead I use it for kinds of activities. Fitness, sport in general, beach bag and sometimes even a longish bag. It is also a great way to transport your arrows, if you happen to be that way inclined ( just kidding, then again maybe not).

The design is really nice, canvas material with lovely flower designs in combination with brown leather and a brown leather DoYourYoga logo on the front. It has a double zip (so you can zip in either direction) at the top and a side pocket with a zip.It is ca 72cm in length, ca 26cm wide all round and 16 cm wide at the bottom. There is one body strap, as opposed to handles, so you can wear it across your body. On the top it has a drawstring with a toggle to fasten, so you can slip your mat in and out really quickly.
I highly recommend this company.

#DoYourYoga yoga mat »Shitala« / 1/4" EXTRA THICK PREMIUM TPE Yoga Mat, ECO friendly. Ideal mat for Yoga, Pilates, Gym / Size: 183 x 61 x 0,5cm green
Offered by #DoYourSports GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't slip, is 100% recyclable and comes in great funky colours, 20 July 2015
My mat is in a lovely orange with a black non-slip bottom side.
It is quite thick about 0.5cm and very comfortable. The length is 181cm and it is 61cm wide. I am quite short, so the length is more than sufficient for me.
It is latex and PVC free. These yoga mats are very environment friendly (also 100% recyclable) and excellent for people who suffer from allergies.After use you can just clean with a mild detergent, soapy water will do and then air dry the mat.
I highly recommend combining this with one of DoYourYoga bags #DoYourYoga Yogabag »Damayanti« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 60 x 0,5 cm, available in 9 fantastic colours. or #DoYourYoga Yogabag »Vikram« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 63 x 0,6 cm, available in 9 fantastic colours.
They are great quality, which I can honestly if the case with all the DoYourYoga products, and make it easier to transport the mats.

#DoYourYoga Yoga Block »Aruna« / Foam Yoga Brick, High-Density Stretching Aid. black
Offered by #DoYourSports GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable foam yoga block that bends back into shape after use, 20 July 2015
The block seems to be made from something similar to memory foam (it is non-toxic). It bends back into shape after you have used it. It is firm and yet soft at the same time.The block measures ca 22cm in length ca 14cm wide 7.5cm high.
After use you just have to wipe it down with a mild detergent and then air or towel dry.
It is big enough to sit on comfortably during meditation exercises (obviously that also depends on your size).
The edges are rounded, which makes it easier to grip.
The yoga block is a must have for both the more advanced and beginner yoga enthusiasts. Although I have to admit it took me a while ( ok quite a while) to get the hang of it. I have the balance of an elephant after two bottles of wine, and that is on a good day.
The block is made of recyclable material.
DoYourYoga has a great range of yoga mats #DoYourYoga yoga mat »Annapurna Comfort« / 1/4" EXTRA THICK PREMIUM Yoga Mat. Ideal mat for Yoga, Pilates, Gym. Size: 183 x 61 x 0,5cm / available in many colours. and yoga bags #DoYourYoga Yogabag »Damayanti« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 60 x 0,5 cm, available in 12 Top-Designs. to go along with the rest of their fantastic range of yoga gear.

#DoYourYoga XL-Yogabag »Malati« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas, for EXTRA THICK yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 62 x 1,5 cm, Braunes Muster
Offered by #DoYourSports GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes with a shoulder strap and two exterior straps to carry your yoga mat on the outside of the bag, 20 July 2015
I really do love these yoga bags, they look great and are exactly right thing for transporting and keeping my yoga mats and gear clean. I have the lovely multi-coloured brownish paisley bag.
The design is really nice, it is in browns/reds/blues, in combination with brown leather and a brown leather DoYourYoga logo on the front. On the side it has two exterior straps to attach your yoga mat, that way you can fill your bag with your gear/sports clothes and can still carry your mat.
It has a double zip (so you can zip in either direction) at the top and a small side pocket with a zip for a wallet ect. It has long handles , so you can throw it over your shoulder. It is 66cm in length, 20cm in width and 20cm in height. The handles are about 23cm in height, so plenty of room to throw over your shoulder. The bag has more of a roundish shape, as opposed to the squarish shape of the Ghanpati bag. It also comes with a shoulder strap, which can be attached to metal hooks on each end.
The bag is designed to fit a yoga #DoYourYoga yoga mat »Shitala« / 1/4" EXTRA THICK PREMIUM TPE Yoga Mat, ECO friendly. Ideal mat for Yoga, Pilates, Gym / Size: 183 x 61 x 0,5cm / Available in many colours or fitness mat into it, which it does with plenty of room for other gear. It also fits a much thicker mat. I must admit I use it for other things as well. As a fitness bag in general, a beach bag and even as a longish handbag.
It is made of washable canvas material and has a lovely dark brown interior.
My yoga & fitness buddies have been asking me where I got the fabulous bags from, since I started turning up with DoYourYoga bags. They also have a really neat upwards yoga mat bag/rucksack.#DoYourYoga Yogabag »Vikram« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 63 x 0,6 cm, available in 12 Top-Designs.
I highly recommend this company.

#DoYourYoga Yogabag »Damayanti« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 60 x 0,5 cm, Grau
Offered by #DoYourSports GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for transporting your yoga mat and gear, 20 July 2015
I really do love these yoga bags, they look great and are exactly right thing for transporting and keeping my yoga mats and gear clean. I have the lovely yellow coloured bag.
The design is really nice, it is in a mustardy yellow, in combination with brown leather and a brown leather DoYourYoga logo on the front. It has a double zip (so you can zip in either direction) at the top and a small side pocket with a zip for a wallet ect. It has long handles , so you can throw it over your shoulder. It is 70cm in length, 20cm in width and 20cm in height. The handles are about 22cm in height, so plenty of room to throw over your shoulder.
The bag is designed to fit a yoga #DoYourYoga yoga mat »Shitala« / 1/4" EXTRA THICK PREMIUM TPE Yoga Mat, ECO friendly. Ideal mat for Yoga, Pilates, Gym / Size: 183 x 61 x 0,5cm / Available in many colours or fitness mat into it, which it does with plenty of room for other gear. I must admit I use it for other things as well. As a fitness bag in general, a beach bag and even as a longish handbag.
I highly recommend this company.

#DoYourYoga Yogabag »Ghanpati« / Yoga mat bag made of high-class Canvas, for EXTRA THICK yogamats / pilatesmats up to 186 x 62 x 1,5 cm, Elefanten
Offered by #DoYourSports GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Yoga/Pilates/Fitness bag. It looks great and is good quality., 20 July 2015
I absolutely adore these yoga bags. They are of such great quality, almost a shame just to use it for my yoga mat, so instead I use it for kinds of activities. Fitness, sport in general, overnight bag, beach bag and sometimes even a longish handbag. Both the thinner #DoYourYoga yoga mat »Annapurna Comfort« / 1/4" EXTRA THICK PREMIUM Yoga Mat. Ideal mat for Yoga, Pilates, Gym. Size: 183 x 61 x 0,5cm / available in many colours. and thicker yoga mats fit comfortably into into this bag, although this is made with the thicker mats in mind.
The design is really nice, there are rows of elephants (indian type design), in combination with brown leather and a brown leather DoYourYoga logo on the front. It has a double zip (so you can zip in either direction) at the top and a side pocket with a zip. It has long handles , so you can throw it over your shoulder. It is ca 62cm in length, ca 22cm wide and 21 cm high (the handles are about 30cm high, so plenty of shoulder space).You can comfortably fit a tennis racket with towels and gear into it.
I highly recommend this company.

Selfie Stick, FRiEQ Light Carbon Fiber Pro 3-In-1 Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Wireless Bluetooth Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter and Adjustable Holder for Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s/5c, Android Phones and Cameras
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

3.0 out of 5 stars The capture button is separate, 20 July 2015
There are quite a few selfie-sticks in our household now. The teens and young adults really enjoy using them.
The one difference between this one and the others I have reviewed is the picture or action/capture button. On this device the button is battery powered and separate (comes with battery). It can be slid into the holder/clip mount, which in turn is attached to the selfie-stick.There is also a wrist strap provided for the capture button. On most selfie-sticks the button is incorporated into the stick and powered by the actual stick.
Personally I found the separate button of a lesser quality than the actual stick. The battery didn't always make the connection it could and should have done, which made the experience of using it a little awkward.
I also felt that the phone grip didn't work well with devices that had a lot of weight. The Go Pro camera was fine, but my Samsung 5 seemed a little heavy in use.
Another negative for me was the lack of instruction manual (usually not the case for this company), so it took two of us to try and figure out what the accessories were for and how to use the stick.
The stick itself is high quality, lightweight and with a rubbery grip. Pairing via bluetooth was simple, once the button was working properly. It is a little large for a handbag (a pity) but will easily fit into a rucksack.
It comes nicely packed in minimal non-plastic packaging, and you also receive a lovely velvety bag to carry it in.
Overall this company tends to deliver high quality products, in fact so far this is the only one that I have found to be lacking. They need to deliver a more high quality capture button with this stick for it to be competitive in the market.
I received a free copy of this product, courtesy of the company, for purposes of review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20