Profile for Anidroc > Reviews

Chappie [Blu-ray]
Chappie [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Dev Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film although slightly upsetting.., 3 July 2015
This review is from: Chappie [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I really enjoyed this film as I did with District 9. This isn't as viscous and is a bit more thoughtful which made it all the more entertaining. I felt the treatment depicted of CHAPPIE amounted to child cruelty and was bit upsetting, but I would still very much recommend. Good job, yet another tale of the bleedin' obvious; when AI is fully conscious we are no longer the dominant species and evolution will eventually put us in our place...don't worry too much, it might take a while to happen..:-)

Kajaki [Blu-ray]
Kajaki [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Mark Stanley
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars ... not write film reviews but this is just so good I had to add my voice to all the ..., 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Kajaki [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I do not write film reviews but this is just so good I had to add my voice to all the praise here. Without a doubt this is the best war film I ever seen and I've seen a lot. There's a nonchalant realism to this drama that make all the more harrowing to watch. At the same time it epitomises comradeship as no other war film I've seen has ever done. Bravo to all for this production and I would strongly recommend this film as one to watch. Hollywood, take a look at how it should be done...

Spongebob 3 Piece Junior Drum Kit
Spongebob 3 Piece Junior Drum Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Snare drum is poor and the bd pedal is almost unusable for kids, 8 Jan. 2015
Snare drum is poor and the bd pedal is almost unusable for kids. Snare wires on inside of drum for safety but could still have been done better. BD pedal spring is poor with little adjustment possible. I know it's a toy but with a little adjustment a decent kid's starter kit would be possible with this product

Brother in the Land (Puffin Teenage Fiction)
Brother in the Land (Puffin Teenage Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for kids. pulls no punches and suitably bleak, 2 Jan. 2014
Heard about this book on the BBCs Cold War series.
Having lived through the 80s there certainly was a continuous black humoured banter about the 'imminent war' among my peers.
Thank God nothing happened and this book and such gens as 'Threads' demonstrates the total destruction of society and what would be left after such a devastating nuclear attack.
Anyway, the story is sobering but entertaining and I will be getting the book for my nephews who live in a world of 'Call of Duty' to show them there is another aspect to destruction; survival afterwards.

Movie 43 [DVD]
Movie 43 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars CAN ANYBODY SAY..., 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
..KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE......don't bother with this..see the film that made me laugh with my mates in the days of the Barking Odeon

ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 15 Running Shoes - 9
ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 15 Running Shoes - 9

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable...walked around a lot of Cornwall in them, 11 July 2013
Very comfortable...walked around a lot of Cornwall in them and that's all I have to say about them really. They're blue as well.

Israeli Military Vehicles The First Fifty Years 1948 - 1998
Israeli Military Vehicles The First Fifty Years 1948 - 1998
by John Myszka

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for modellers, 23 Feb. 2013
I'm into IDF vehicles and as modeller this is a great reference source. I love the way the IDF take a vehicle sourced from someone else and think...'we can improve it'...very interesting and this book is the best example I've found for modelling research.

Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? (S.F. MASTERWORKS)

4.0 out of 5 stars So different from the film, 23 Feb. 2013
A great book, and very well written in an interesting style. It's very different from the film and I'd recommend.

Under the Dome
Under the Dome

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Kindle book..and it's a good read!, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Under the Dome (Kindle Edition)
First read SK when I was 14 and have loved his stuff, especially the 'Dark Tower' series. I noticed, as have others, that some of his output meandered and was a tad boring. However, this is a taut tale and I didn't want it to end. The only thing, which isn't uncommon with SK, is that the ending was a bit 'meh' and abrupt...however it's a rockin' ride and I would recommend it.

Apple iPhone SE/5S/5C/5 Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Media Devil are the best, 23 Feb. 2013
...and although reflected in the price it's very much worth the investment. There are Youtube guides about application if you're unsure how to do it as well. I would also recommend this is used in conjunction with an Anker case. Some cases lift the protection as they are too snug so be careful. Oh, and MediaDevil send sweeties which is why I have added an extra star.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6