Profile for Katana Dufour > Reviews

Content by Katana Dufour

Katana Dufour

Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards: The Complete Spiritual Toolkit for Transforming Your Life
by Tori Hartman

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Inspiring Divination Tool, 23 May 2014
I love getting magical gifts in the mail! I was super excited when these Chakra Oracle Cards came in the mail. They are created by Tori Hartman and illustrated by Gretchen Raish Baskin, and they are lovely.
"They're a brand new kind of deck that helps set your intention, remove blockages and achieve your dreams - an extraordinary divination system that puts your changing relationship to your chakras first." Watkins Publishing
Oracle Cards for Every Chakra
This deck features 7 chakras, with the traditional chakra colors for the 7 main chakras. It's a great introduction to the chakras, if you're not an adept already (and face it, very few of us are yet adepts)! It comes with an accompanying guidebook, which is filled with original mythic stories that explore an aspect of each chakra, and a small meditation for anchoring each aspect. This deck could keep you busy for a long time!
pendulum divination chakra oracle cards
My chakra oracle cards, with my rose quartz pendulum: answers to every question!

My first impression was that the packaging is gorgeous. The soft yet brilliant colors have me displaying the box out on a shelf, which means I am going to be using these more often since they are out for me to see. My Goddess Tarot cards, which live in a drawstring bag, because I don't have a box for them, do not enjoy the same privilege, although I love them too. I also noticed that the characters are a range of cultures - including First Nations/Native American. I love that! One of my favorite of these cards is 'She Shaman.' It felt very inclusive and universal.

Fables Of The Rainbow
This deck has a balance between clearly positive aspects, and some aspects which at first read I thought were negative. For example, the 'rejection' card- rejection carries so many negative connotations! But when I consulted the guidebook, I discovered the truth about the card- that rejection can protect you from getting involved in undesirable circumstances. So rejection is actually a form of protection: something wonderful! This is actually one of my favorite cards because it depicts an artist who hears the voices of critics in his head. So if you find yourself wondering what an illustration means, its vital to consult the guidebook to get the meaning of the fable behind the illustration. As an illustrator myself, I really enjoyed the whimsical depictions and bright watercolors that depict the different aspects.

Do Oracle Cards Actually 'Work'?

And I know what you're wondering - are these Oracle cards actually effective? Well, I will tell you this - I drew two cards for a friend immediately, and she wrote back that they were SPOT ON. Since we hadn't talked recently, there was no way for me to predict which cards would resonate with her; in fact, I wondered if I should draw again so that I could send her "better" cards: but I didn't, because the whole point of Oracle cards is the chance to interact with divine wisdom through chance!

chakra card reading

As for myself, I first drew out my favorite cards, picking the illustrations that resonated with me - including "Renewal, Creation, Instinct, Perception, Self-Worth, Miracle, Impartiality, Rejection, Prayer" - surprisingly finding that I had created a self-portrait when I laid them all out side by side. Oracle cards are not some magical computer algorithm; they are a mirror that reflects back to you your own self and awareness.

Wonderful Inspiration
I wholeheartedly recommend this deck, and I am delighted to add it to my collection of spiritual tools. It is incredibly inspiring, and a perfect deck for creative thinkers. I hope you enjoy your deck as much as I do mine. Pre-order on Amazon.

chakra cards by teri hartman illustrated by Gretchen Raisch-Baskin