Profile for marinakaplais > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Storm (Storm MC #1)
Storm (Storm MC #1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Bad, 16 Oct. 2015
This book is ok if you want pages of hot sex,one dimensional characters and not much plot.....Mills and Boon with swearing.Not for me.

Austerity Dad (The Stay At Home Dad Diaries Book 2)
Austerity Dad (The Stay At Home Dad Diaries Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read., 11 Sept. 2015
I downloaded this book after reading the first book by the author.It had quite a few good tips in it and I particularly took note of the holiday suggestions.You will either"get"the author,in which case you will enjoy both his diary style books about family life,or you wont but personally I enjoyed it for the most part,though I dont personally enjoy the "spoof"letters stuff and skipped over them.Give it a go....

A Journal of Sin (A Sarah Gladstone Thriller Book 1)
A Journal of Sin (A Sarah Gladstone Thriller Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read despite editing issues., 11 Sept. 2015
I thought this was a good premise for an easy read and for the most part I enjoyed it but the extremely poor editing in places did spoil it for me.The narrative would suddenly change from one persons viewpoint to anothers without even a gap,which was extremely confusing and some parts of the story were completely confused,causing me to keep re-reading to try and understand.Its a shame as it could be a really good book and despite the issues i think I would recommend it and read more by this author.

Fortysomething Father (The Stay-at-home Dad Diaries Book 1)
Fortysomething Father (The Stay-at-home Dad Diaries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable read, 1 Sept. 2015
I was interested to read this book as thd author lives in an area I am familiar with so I was pre-disposed to enjoy it and enjoy it I did!I found the short,diary style chapters easy to read and liked the chatty style.Being a good dsd is obviously important to him but hd makes no pretence to be perfect and it can all seem to much at times which made thr book realistic.I will definitely be reading more books by this author.

Wicked Good Witches (Paranormal Romantic Suspense) Books 1-3
Wicked Good Witches (Paranormal Romantic Suspense) Books 1-3

2.0 out of 5 stars ok but......., 30 Aug. 2015
I felt this book would have been far better if the author had held back on using so many completely inappropriate adjectives when describing the characters talking to each other as these really grated on me.It is obviously aimed at the Twilight fan age group so maybe I am not really supposed to enjoy it.I have read worse but definitely have read better.

221 Tips & Tricks from Master Gardners: Gardening tips & tricks on how to plant a garden, starting seeds indoors, organic pest control, expert gardening ... (Living Off Grid Guide: Grow Your Own Food)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great tips, 4 July 2015
I enjoyed this little book and found it very easy to read.Its user friendly as written in bullet points in clearly set out sections.I learnt some very handy tips which I will be using.Some of the tips are more applicable to America but plenty of worthwhile stuff for us Brits.Well worth a read.

Dove Season (A Jimmy Veeder Fiasco Book 1)
Dove Season (A Jimmy Veeder Fiasco Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable read., 17 Jun. 2015
I didnt hold out much hope for this book,the synopsis didnt exactly grab me and I thought it may be a 'mans'book like the Jack Reacher novels for example.However I was pleasantly suprised.It has depth,great characterisation and a good storyline.Some graphic violence and swearing but the storh needed it.A really good read and I will look for more from this author.

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (Kate Linton Series Book 2)
Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (Kate Linton Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither fish nor fowl., 11 Jun. 2015
I read the first book in this series and enjoyed it but this one was a bit of a disappointment.The romantic nonsense got in the way of the real story,it felt like a soppy romance from the Mills and Boon school of tripe.Having said that it was well written and flowed well.If the main two characters get together and theres no more yearning looks and shortness of breath to worry about I think this could be a good series.As it stands its neither a full on romance or a police procedural.

The Rose Girls
The Rose Girls

2.0 out of 5 stars Better research needed., 8 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Rose Girls (Kindle Edition)
When I read the synopsis for this book I wanted to read it as I work with people with personality disorders.I found this book totally inaccurate and ill researched in its one dimensional depiction of narcisistic pd.The rest of the story was banal and formulaic although I enjoyed learning about the roses.

Double Dare
Double Dare

3.0 out of 5 stars ok...nothing special, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
If you enjoy Mills and Boon romances then you will probably like this book.Personally I found it predictable and the characters two dimensional and cliched.Why do chick lit authors always have to make their cast so ridiculously good looking with perfect bodies?It was free so I lost nothing but time but not one I would choose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3