Profile for Metaltoe > Reviews

Content by Metaltoe

Metaltoe "Cat lover heavy metal lady. Bolton, UK."

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Blephasol 100ml Sensitive Eyelids Eye Lotion
Blephasol 100ml Sensitive Eyelids Eye Lotion
Offered by FirstForContactLenses

1.0 out of 5 stars Made my eyes sore and it stings., 20 Sept. 2017
I'm afraid that it made my eyes feel sore and sting. People say it is soothing but for me it was the opposite and felt too strong. It seemed to make my eyes tear up and my dry eye problem feel worse. I will be going back to using baby shampoo and water.

Old Fashion Cassette Player By Reshow | Tape To MP3 Converter Retro Walkman |Nostalgic Audio Tape Capture To MP3 Via USB | Portable Music Player | PC Compatible | Powered By Batteries Or Via USB Port
Offered by SIKANA LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars the sound quality isnt great. All my recordings sounded as if they were ..., 4 Sept. 2017
It works, yes. But the instructions are rubbish and there's a lot of time and trial and error necessary to do it. And I'd say that while it does work and records your old tapes onto files that you can put in itunes or onto a disc etc, the sound quality isnt great. All my recordings sounded as if they were speeded up slightly and a bit Chipmunk-ish. Only good for something you want desperately to keep and can't get any other way and if you are prepared to accept the reduction in sound quality, I'd say.

Arrival
Arrival

2.0 out of 5 stars and loved them both to bits, 20 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Arrival (Audio CD)
I am new to Journey - only recently got Eclipse, and then Revelation, and loved them both to bits. What a voice Arnel has! I was unsure about going further back with Journey since they seemed to sound different before Arnel, and more dated. He gave them a sound like a new and brilliant band. I thought I'd give Arrival a go because I saw a very cheap copy. But after 3 listens it just isnt doing anything for me, I'm afraid. Maybe because I'm comparing to the aforementioned two albums that leap out at you with their melody and strength. While Steve Augeri has a decent voice, and the songs are ok, there's just nothing that makes me want to keep playing this, unlike the other 2 which I can't stop listening to. Nothing stands out, nothing is really memorable. (Whereas Resonate and Chain of Love, for instance, have lodged in my brain.)

Baptism By Fire
Baptism By Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good solid melodic rock album, 19 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Baptism By Fire (MP3 Download)
This is a good solid melodic rock album. Great vocals and good strong songs, if a couple are slightly "by numbers" lyrically. Impressive guitar playing and generally an enjoyable listen if you're into this style of music.

Bosch Rotak 32R Electric Rotary Lawnmower with 32cm Cutting Width
Bosch Rotak 32R Electric Rotary Lawnmower with 32cm Cutting Width

3.0 out of 5 stars A real pain to fix together., 11 Aug. 2017
This mower does cut the grass, close and evenly. But as a few other reviewers have mentioned, it's a devil to fix together. In the end we had to leave the long metal side handles just jammed as far as we could manage into the holes where they are supposed to fit, which makes it not as secure as it should be. But it was totally impossible to fit them and screw them in place as it shows on the instruction leaflet. Even when we actually hammered them down they would not go and the screw holes were an inch too far away from the matching holes so impossible to put the screws in. Also, the handles do not fold down in any way so it takes up more space than would be ideal.

BC - Ancestors
BC - Ancestors
Offered by ProgRock Wales

4.0 out of 5 stars this is very good. Maybe one that takes a couple of listens ..., 27 July 2017
This review is from: BC - Ancestors (Audio CD)
Yes, this is very good. Maybe one that takes a couple of listens but then it comes into its own. I didnt much like the Mandalaband's albums from the 70s - but this one and Sangreal are excellent epic works. I'm glad I gave them a chance after almost being put off by hearing the earlier, very dated ones.

Resurrection: Mandalaband & The Eye of Wendor
Resurrection: Mandalaband & The Eye of Wendor
Offered by ProgRock Wales

2.0 out of 5 stars And after reading the reviews I skipped through bits of some tracks on youtube and thought it would be fantastic. However for me, 27 July 2017
I was looking forward to this when I discovered it and that it featured Justin Hayward, Woolly Wolstenholme and Graham Gouldman etc. And after reading the reviews I skipped through bits of some tracks on youtube and thought it would be fantastic. However for me it was very disappointing. The tracks are largely instrumental really, with half of each album being without vocals. I found this a bit of a disappointment as there was very little actually of those singers I mentioned and the songs did not showcase their talents at all. Also the songs and the style seem very dated to me. Obviously at the time of original release that would have been different. There is a lot of long drawn out instrumental doodling which may appeal more to some listeners than it did to me. I lost all interest. I have listened now to the much more recent albums Ancestors BC and Sangreal, which are a different kettle of fish altogether and extremely impressive, with way more vocals, better songs and production entirely. Unless your head is stuck in the 70s, if this band is new to you I would certainly suggest you try one of those excellent albums instead of this double set.

Wigelius / Reinventions
Wigelius / Reinventions

2.0 out of 5 stars I was given this as a gift because I like a lot of the modern AOR bands, 23 July 2017
This review is from: Wigelius / Reinventions (Audio CD)
I was given this as a gift because I like a lot of the modern AOR bands, but i found this to be very "by numbers" really. The vocals are fairly good but nothing distinctive about the voice. Lyrics are standard fare. The songs all sound very similar and didnt hold my attention at all. Not really any strong feeling or power behind any of them. By track 4 or 5 I'd lost all interest. Wouldnt have much inclination to play it again.

After The Rain
After The Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2017
This review is from: After The Rain (Audio CD)
Very enjoyable album! Very catchy songs, well performed melodic rock/AOR by this Swedish band.

Fragments Of Creation
Fragments Of Creation

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd! Powerful stuff, 13 July 2017
This review is from: Fragments Of Creation (Audio CD)
Great cd! Powerful stuff, excellent vocals. Very nice artwork and booklet too. Here and there it reminded me of Kamelot (largely because of the singer's voice) but that cant be a bad thing!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20