Profile for Ernest Barton > Reviews

Content by Ernest Barton

Ernest Barton (LONDON UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
KOH-I-NOOR 2mm Diameter Short Mechanical Clutch Lead Holder Pencil - Red
KOH-I-NOOR 2mm Diameter Short Mechanical Clutch Lead Holder Pencil - Red
Offered by Atromost

4.0 out of 5 stars For special Purposes., 6 July 2017
I think this is a bit tinny in feel and undersized for a hand held pencil It certainly is for my hands. But I bought it specifically to use it in a very large PIN GUIDED artificial radii wooden beam compass I have a need to make where it can be permanently fixed into the drawing head so only the lead needs changing or extending. For this purpose its small size and simple construction are perfect though the clip will most likely have to go.

2kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher - BS EN3 with 10 Year Warranty From A2Z Fire & Manufactured in UK
Offered by A2Z Fire Extinguisher

5.0 out of 5 stars The Extinguisher looks wonderful a really nice red finish with instructions on the ..., 30 Jun. 2017
I couldn't find the hanging bracket - the company told me it was probably inside the horn. YES it was stuck fast inside the HORN. That problem solved all I have to do now is drill two holes and fix the hanger to my wall. The Extinguisher looks wonderful a really nice red finish with instructions on the cylinder. I bought this after reading about the tower fire- I don't live in a Tower block but I realised I had a number of bottles of paint solvent in the house and should have bought an extinguisher years ago.

Garryson Garryflex Abrasive Block - Fine 240grit
Garryson Garryflex Abrasive Block - Fine 240grit

5.0 out of 5 stars For the best finish., 30 May 2017
Surprisingly effective - I had several walking foot sewing machine feet with a black finish I found hard to see to follow a line - but a few rubs on this block polished off the surface finish to leave bright metal and a really smooth sole. I used sewing machine oil as the lubricant , without it the block tended to stick. The block also polishes my block planes where the fingermarks tend to rust.

EasyKut Ratchet Secateurs, Orange, 20.5x9x2 cm
EasyKut Ratchet Secateurs, Orange, 20.5x9x2 cm
Offered by Freepost Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but superb., 30 May 2017
Inexpensive lightweight and not from a well known manufacturer - I hesitated to buy this but liked the shape the dayglo orange colour and the mechanism - the ratchet is similar to that on my long loppers. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily it cuts tough woody branches and how well the ratchet works. It fits my hand well and the large finger guard does not touch my knuckles - I wonder about some other designs that look they were built to be held by the dreaded THUMBCATS not humans. The only part I did not immediately like was the sliding lock though once I had got used to the action it does make sense that it needs two hands to open and close this and the slide button never got in the way once I started cutting.
I particularly like the curved jaws they stop one from tring on oversized branches but grip the reasonable size ones and prevent slide off. Like other ratchet tools these can be used either like scissors to cut thin stalks or with a sudden percussive action like an axe to cut hard branches

Pentel 0.9mm Size 2B Shade Hardness Pencil Refill Replacement Spare Leads Hi Pollymer Super For Automatic & Mechanical Pencils (Pack Of 3 Tubes - 45 Pieces)
Offered by HaberCrafts

5.0 out of 5 stars True grit., 5 May 2017
I prefer these to the Pentel Ain Stein leads which are for me too smooth and slippery - I don't know what the difference is so this is totally subjective

WORX WX680 F30 350W Sonicrafter Multi-Tool Oscillating Tool with 29 Accessories
WORX WX680 F30 350W Sonicrafter Multi-Tool Oscillating Tool with 29 Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice tool. The only Quibble is that the universal ..., 27 April 2017
Very nice tool . The only Quibble is that the universal tool grip can work loose if one is doing a hard job on steel - I sawed two sides off an immoveable retaining NUT on a sewing machine pulley with it and had to do the saw tool up twice. But the shaft thread was not damaged and a new 5/8th nut replaced the cut one on the new smaller pulley.. The machine is ideal for these hard inaccessible jobs where a hacksaw will not work. The teeth on the saw blade are still very sharp and none broke off. The machine is not that noisy its well balanced and easy to use. Blade changing is easy . Personally I would use it on wood plastics and aluminium and only for emergencies on steel

Minky Iron Holder, H35 x W18 x D11cm
Minky Iron Holder, H35 x W18 x D11cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good on the wall and holds my swan iron supplied ..., 27 April 2017
Looks good on the wall and holds my swan iron supplied with two 50mm screws which is nice as I was not sure what length to use. One should of course use Rawlplugs in the wall.

Spear & Jackson Elements 3 Prong Cultivator
Spear & Jackson Elements 3 Prong Cultivator

5.0 out of 5 stars ... as a cultivator soon but it is also very useful as a hook for pulling down Bamboo stalks so ..., 27 April 2017
I may actually use this tool as a cultivator soon but it is also very useful as a hook for pulling down Bamboo stalks so they can be topped.. Well made and strong though the securing screw on the head might be a weak point and I may replace it with a self tapping SS one. The tines are as described round and not sharpened to a wedge but that is easy to do with a file or angle grinder if it needs it.

Everbuild EVBCLEARFIX3 300 ml Clear Fix Hybrid C3 Polymer Adhesive
Everbuild EVBCLEARFIX3 300 ml Clear Fix Hybrid C3 Polymer Adhesive

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 April 2017
Very easy to use and does a great job.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ... 5 - because they work and provide a much better light than the Incandescent bulbs they are meant to ..., 27 April 2017
I would give these a 5 - because they work and provide a much better light than the Incandescent bulbs they are meant to replace IN AN INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE LIGHT. However they may have been opened by Customs because one of the boxes was in a damaged state. The bulbs are OK though the cooling fins are slightly sharp being milled from Aluminium and the white diffuser can be screwed off - presumably for cleaning but the thread is easy to cross thread so it needs to be done carefully. Inside there are 4 high power LEDs.The E27 thread is a good fit in the lamp and it does not get hot in use. If you can spare the time to wait 2 weeks for these bulbs to arrive I would recommend them unless you are sewing flourescent dayglo materials as these glow brighter under the LED than the old style inkey. They are 1/4 the price of the nkey bulbs and last 10 times longer using 1/3rd the power and giving a much brighter flatter light.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9