Profile for bjc > Reviews

bjc

Yoga socks Toeless Anti-slip Hard-wearing Pure Cotton
Yoga socks Toeless Anti-slip Hard-wearing Pure Cotton

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 20 Mar. 2015
Not the best quality ( quite a few loose threads) and took a while to arrive ( from China) but good value for the price.

Planning Your Dissertation (Pocket Study Skills)
Planning Your Dissertation (Pocket Study Skills)
by Kate Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars clear & simple guidance, 20 Mar. 2015
brilliant- clear for a mum struggling to support her son with his dissertation and now he's using it as a quick checklist.

EPOSGEAR 25 Board Backed Envelopes A4 / C4 Size 9"x12" (324mm x 229mm) - Printed "Please do not bend - Handle with care" - Premium Quality - 135gsm Manilla with 600gsm (1200 micron) Hard Back Board
Offered by EPOSGEAR (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Probs not the best quality, but good value for money, 20 Mar. 2015
arrived quickly. Probs not the best quality, but good value for money.

iLuv ISP170 Stereo Speakers for Mac/PC and Laptop - Black
iLuv ISP170 Stereo Speakers for Mac/PC and Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Mar. 2015
brilliant value, just the job to boost the sound on my laptop.

Magnus Carter: A Fable About Justice and Liberty
Magnus Carter: A Fable About Justice and Liberty
by Julian Warrender

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable mole, 20 Mar. 2015
I bought this book for my 5 yr old nephew, since there is so much in the news about Magna Carta this year.It caught my eye because it has a cut out hole in the cover which Magnus the mole peeks through. It's so beautifully illustrated, and tells the story of an adorable mole who stands up for his rights against bad King Moldewarp.There are little games to play inside,and the real facts about Magna Carta are at the back of the book. We have really enjoyed reading it aloud and discovering all the hidden worms & insects dotted around every page.Really recommend it as a mixture of fun and fact.

The Act of Killing
The Act of Killing
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 11 April 2014
This review is from: The Act of Killing (DVD)
Absolutely compelling film, I couldn't stop watching, at times literally open mouthed and chilled, at the performances the director has extracted from these killers. The film truly is an original for its mixture of reality and surrealism, its exploration and exposure of the act of killing. I urge you to watch the extras too, especially the interview with the Director (albeit on a US show interspersed with ads).
I am so glad I ignored my initial instinct to bypass this, which would have been based on the grounds of overhype and a slamming review in a well regarded paper. I would have missed a near masterpiece.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 10:07 AM BST

Olay Regenerist Moisturiser Night Renewal Elixir
Olay Regenerist Moisturiser Night Renewal Elixir
Offered by Aecro Group

4.0 out of 5 stars A little goes a long way, 3 Feb. 2013
Very nice product, although I can't say that I'm convinced I look any younger it feels good. I might revert to the Regenerist Night Cream when the elixir runs out, or maybe I should do a half & half face test to really evaluate the difference :). Whatever, I will keep to this Regenerist range for my skincare needs - I like the textures & fragrance.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved, 3 Feb. 2013
Much better than the light brown for covering grey ( my hair is naturally light/medium brown) and leaves hair feeling silky soft.The effect is very natural, not a solid block of colour and no hint of orange. Product is easy to use & I would highly recommend to all who want to avoid the chemical nasties such as PPD.

Surya Brasil Henna Cream Light Brown 2.31fl.oz, 70ml
Surya Brasil Henna Cream Light Brown 2.31fl.oz, 70ml
Offered by Yourtonic Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars not so effective for grey hair, 1 Sept. 2012
My natural colour is light/medium brown, with some grey, and the henna shade i used was light brown.
I'm trying to find an alternative to hair dyes containing PPD since i have suddenly developed an extreme allergy ( warning: if you use regular hair dyes always do the patch test, even if you've never had a previous reaction). So I tried this henna cream. The good news is that it's much easier to use than the powders I used when I was a student and leaves your hair beautifully soft and shiny. The not so good news it that it DOES NOT cover grey hair on first application as it claims :(
I will admit that i have been slightly cautious with leave-on time, in case the grey hairs turned bright orange, but I'm now going to experiment with a mixture of the light and dark brown to see if that works better.
So good product, but it doesn't work miracles.