Profile for Kev > Reviews

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline

5.0 out of 5 stars Screwed my entire weekend, 12 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Ready Player One (Paperback)
Okay, so I didn’t buy a copy of this through Amazon, a friend of mine did, and once he was finished he chucked it over the cube wall to be on Friday morning (we work in the same office).
“Thanks” I said, looking at the cover wondering this glaring red and yellow covered thing was all about. “Don’t thank me I’ve just screwed your weekend” he replied.
You know what, he was right. I have simply inhaled this book in 2 days. I was literally unable to put it down, I even fell asleep with it in my hands Saturday night.

Written by a child of the 80’s it so geared to 40 somethings (okay nearly 50 somethings) with a wide streak of geek (so about 60% of the population in that age range!). It has twists and turns and is a great read. The only issue that I have is that the author finished the book a little too early, quest complete? Yes, but I want to know what they did then! A Sequel perhaps? I can only hope.

Don’t buy this book unless you have 2 days to do nothing but read! If you do, then I highly recommend this book!

Dust Cleaner for Keyboards, Mobile Phones, Computers etc
Dust Cleaner for Keyboards, Mobile Phones, Computers etc
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Half a sausage roll, 20 Jan. 2017
Bought this for my son for Christmas. I spoke to him earlier this week and he loves it. Okay over statement. It works and he said that it got half a sausage roll out of his keyboard. I asked him why he had half a sausage roll on his keyboard and apparently if you eat lunch over your keyboard or will accumulate crud. I go to the canteen for lunch, so I will just have to take his word for it as I will that this worked.

Mulbess Amazon Kindle 4 Lighted Genuine Leather Case Cover with Built-in-LED Light (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars it's pretty poor, the front cover doesn't sitr square, 14 May 2016
Got one of these as a birthday present to replace my old Amazon genuine Kindle 4 case with light, as the rubber had begun to perish and the kindle is in danger of falling out.

Okay so first of all the build quality, it's pretty poor , the front cover doesn't sitr square, the back cover has a weird plasticy feel to it and worse is the the light! Ther is a micro switch in the casing which senses whether the lighting module is in the case or has been pulled out to switch it on or off. Mine didn't work, there is a fundimental design flaw! That's right in my case the plastic lighting module was too short to hit the button so the light was always on! However, if it has of been long enough I would have given the design about 5 minutes before the switch would have failed..... that's how bad the quality is.

COME ON AMAZON SUPPORT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!! Put out a case for the older generations with a light at a reasonable price and of a reasonable quality if I have to upgrade my e-reader cause I can longer get accessories for it, then I might have to change my e-reader to another brand!!!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

KLONGSHOP // Snap On Hard Back Shell Rubber Case Protection Skin Cover - Ancient Flying Dragon - Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, SM-G800 //

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2015
Prefect exactly as advertised. Have a working shower door again

Nunchuck and Remote Controller with Motion Plus for Nintendo Wii With Retail Package (remote controller Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 24 Feb. 2015
Wow this is great. works well and comes at a reasonable cost. I've been using mine for 3 weeks now with no issues at all. Am very happy with my purchase, great value for money

BESTEK Car Headrest Mount 360 Degrees Rotation Backseat Holder Kit for 7-10.1 inch Tablet iPad Air/2, iPad Mini 4/3/2/1, iPad Pro 9.7", Samsung Galaxy Tab S2/A/E/4/3

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tim, 24 Feb. 2015
At last a "universal Mount" that is universal! Works well and fits my 7inch tablet

Dual Controller Charger - Mains Powered (PS3)
Dual Controller Charger - Mains Powered (PS3)
Offered by Noors

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 12 Jan. 2015
Excellent, charges the controllers from the mains. works well

Amzer Blue Dragon Design Neoprene Soft Sleeve for Up to 7.75 inch Tablet
Amzer Blue Dragon Design Neoprene Soft Sleeve for Up to 7.75 inch Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Dec. 2014
This is a great little cover and the design is cool

Trust Universal Car Headrest Holder for All Tablets - Black
Trust Universal Car Headrest Holder for All Tablets - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Universal only in that I was unable to find a car it did fit!!!!! - Also not as advertised, 29 Dec. 2014
OK so I bought this for my son to use on a few long journeys..... Arrived promptly even though it was Christmas. It looks nothing like the one in the picture to start off with. The are no clips but rather it is spring loaded device that sits between the prongs of the headrest. Went to fit it in my Ford Mondeo and guess what it is too small.... I check the paperwork and it will fit headrests up to 125 mm. So since it was Christmas and I thought it might help others I tried the "Universal Headrest Holder" on all my families cars. And surprisingly, it would not fit either my Mondeo but also my fathers Jag, my Mothers Micra, my Brothers Audi. So I then went a little father a field and checked with my neighbours, and it didn't fit their Citreon not the Ford Fiesta to the neighbors on the other side.

What a piece of junk. Universal, the only thing universal about this rubbish is that that it universally doesn't fit any car headrest.

Don't be fooled this is NOT as advertised in any way other than it will fit a tablet in in it but that is no use when I can't find a car that it fit to the other end!!!

Save your time and money go buy something else

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5