Profile for Vanessa Francis > Reviews

Pilgrim
Pilgrim
by James Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 30 July 2009
This review is from: Pilgrim (Paperback)
I thought this book was brilliant. Full of detail about one of the most interesting times in history. If you love the crusades and you love historical novels - this book is for you. Perfect holiday reading. Jackson is one of the most gifted novelists writing today. Buy it!

Divas & Dictators: The Secrets to Having a Much Better Behaved Child
Divas & Dictators: The Secrets to Having a Much Better Behaved Child
by Charlie Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars Have children under 6 years old? Buy this book!, 30 July 2009
The thing I liked the most about the author is that he almost immediately admits his children can annoy him. Thank God, he must be the first child behaviour/rearing expert that actually admits how irritating children can be. I was hooked - I adore my child but I'm not blind to her occasionally appalling behaviour either. Sensible, do-able and effective advice for dealing with bad behaviour. I have been trying the 6:1 praise:criticism thing - he's right, I did feel a bit self-conscious at first but I'm in the swing of it now and I have to say, it's working. This book should be by the bedside of every parent of children under 6.