Profile for HODGEPODGE > Reviews

Content by HODGEPODGE

HODGEPODGE

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OWSOO 8CH Channel 1080P H.264 P2P NVR CCTV Security Phone Control Motion Detection Email Alarm for Surveillance IP Camera
Offered by Feeego

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless. Don't waste your money., 2 Aug. 2017
Total garbage.

I have 5 Hikvision IP cameras all of which support ONVIF.
If I add them manually. It fails with "Server broken".
If I scan for them, I can find them, it even says connected.

I know how to use my cameras, I know they support ONVIF, the NVR can even see them, but will it display the video ? HAHAHa will it.....
I can connect just fine to my camera with the Hikvision IVMS software. I can connect fine to them using VLC to stream the MPEG4 stream... but can this box see them ? Nope.

It rebooted itself three times in 30 minutes too. How can you rely on this for CCTV security purposes ???!?

Then the screen goes black and does nothing until you restart it.
Can't record anything with this junk.

Can't view any video on any of my IP cameras... despite the NVR being able to see them in a search and even saying "Connected". No video at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2017 9:47 PM BST

GB Euro Magnetic Sticker - Blue Background - For Travel Abroad
GB Euro Magnetic Sticker - Blue Background - For Travel Abroad
Offered by Xtreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap way to avoid getting a ticket., 2 Aug. 2017
Brilliant. At £1.89 this is an absolute bargain. My number plates don't have EU identifier on them so I had to buy this.
Stuck perfectly well through my 1200 mile journey through Europe, didn't come off at all. No marks, no scratches, and I can remove it just fine when I get home.

Worth not getting fined by overzealous gendarme !

HikVision DS - 7604NI-E1 / 4P / A Video surveillance
HikVision DS - 7604NI-E1 / 4P / A Video surveillance
Offered by SECURITY PLANET

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken ethernet port., 31 July 2017
The unit came with a euro plug, not a UK one.

One of the ethernet ports doesn't work, or rather connceting all 4 ports doesn't work , one will not recieve PoE power. It will only work with three devices connected.

The web administration page keeps asking me to login, after I log in and click anything , it asks me again to login.
NONE of the plug-ins work in any browser, Firefox / Chrome / IE / Edge etc.
So you are forced to use their IVMS software if you want to see the playback.

Going back for a refund, not anywhere near as good as the cheaper Hikvision NVR It was supposed to replace.

Really disappointed considering so far everything I bought from Hikvision has been great.

The Wheels on the Bus - Nursery Rhymes for Kids
The Wheels on the Bus - Nursery Rhymes for Kids
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Murican rubbish, 25 July 2017
Murican rubbish. Ehmagehrd gee whizz lets teach your kids to speak murican...

No thanks.

Huawei E5770s-320 150 Mbps 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hotspot (4G LTE in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa & 3G globally, 20 hour 5200 mAh battery) (Black)
Offered by ETERNAL COMMUNICATIONS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Fast. Having an ethernet port is excellent for my use., 23 July 2017
Very impressive. I recently got a three sim with unlimited data and 30GB of tethering.
I bought my data sim because i wanted a cheap backup for when my virgin media connection goes offline which happens quite a bit.
I was really impressed that this has an ethernet port as well. So when I am out and about, I carry this with me and tether it to my devices (laptop/tablet etc) and when im at home, I have it plugged into my routers second ethernet port so it can act as a backup. It works perfectly for both and I've managed to get 40mbit both up and down which is about as good as you can get in my area.

It's lightweight, the battery lasts me all day when out and about and it's really simple to use. Considering the price I think it's great.

The only negative thing I have to say (which is minor and not deserving of a drop in rating) is that I think it's basically used. It started up and said O2Wifi ... so it's one someone bought from O2 and unlocked... so it's basically used. But there were no scratches and the protective cover was still on the screen so I don't mind considering it has been unlocked already for me.

Defenders Jet-Spray Fox Repeller (Motion Sensor Fox, Cat, Squirrel and Heron Deterrent, Deters Garden Pests Humanely, Connects to Garden Hose, Battery Powered)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stop., 21 July 2017
Totally useless. It won't stop going off. Once the sensor is tripped it doesn't ever stop. After 10 minutes I stopped timing it to see when it would stop, it doesn't.

It's too high up also, even if you don't use the extension pole, it waters the windows of my house when I want it to spray on the flower beds below the window. Going back for a refund same day I got it. And yeah I did read the instructions and experiment with the various settings. Totally useless, it doesn't do what it's supposed to, wastes water, doesn't stop spraying and it's too tall.

Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Touch Keyboard for Windows, Android and Chrome - QWERTY, UK Layout, Black
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on my LG TV., 16 July 2017
Great keyboard. Bought it for my LG TV as this is one of the few fully supported ones for my TV.

Pleased to report the trackpad is excellent, and the keys feel nice.
Keyboard is nice and light. Have not had to change the batteries in 6 months so far.... much better than my apple wireless keyboard.

AGFA PHOTO C Zinc Chloride Battery. Pack of 2.
AGFA PHOTO C Zinc Chloride Battery. Pack of 2.
Offered by GiftLocalUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Working well., 16 July 2017
Still going strong in my automatic garden watering system a year later.

Happy with the price and performance.

Plugable Active DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter (Supports displays up to 4K / UHD / 3840x2160@60Hz)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. 4K at full frame rate on my TV, 16 July 2017
Perfect. I bought it to connect to my 4K TV as my graphics card will only output 4K via it's display port and I literally have no devices that have displayport on them except the graphics card. I currently have my games / media computer hooked up to a 4K TV via this. It works perfectly. When I was doing my research many of these devices did not support 4K at full frame rates... but I am happy to say this one works great.

It's a bit pricey but then when you look at the specifications and what resolutions and frame rates it supports compared to the cheaper ones, I think it's worth the money.

Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3080s Wet and Dry Electric Foil Shaver for Men/Rechargeable Electric Razor, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shave., 16 July 2017
I haven't used an electric razor for many many years but I quite like this one. My first razor was a Braun when I was 16 (yeah I needed one at that age) and It was scratchy, missed many hairs and caused me to get severe irritation when using it. Then I bought a Philips one with the three circles but I found that a bit unpleasant to use as it seemed to pull hairs out rather than cut them.

I was sceptical about getting another electric razor due to having used a wet razor for the last 18 years but I quite liked this one. It felt smooth, it didn't pull any hairs out and I didn't have any irritation afterwards. However, It did take me longer to shave with this than with a wet razor and I kept having to go back a few times to finish the job after feeling stray hairs... but i'll put at least some of that down to my inexperience with an electric.

Overall quite happy. I love the fact it's waterproof and I can clean it under the tap when i'm done. It's a decent size and it feels strong and well built.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20