Profile for Matt > Reviews

Content by Matt

Matt

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Rii i25 Multifunction QWERTY Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard IR Remote Learning Remote For PC, PAD, XBox 360, PS3, Google Android TV Box, HTPC, IPTV (2.4G Black)
Offered by Uxpressbuying

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, useless as a mouse but decent keyboard., 20 Jan. 2015
Bit fidgety, the gyro "air mouse" function is useless. I spend all my time waving it around and it's not accurate at all.

But the keyboard on the reverse works just fine and it has a fairly decent distance. The box and the manual were so funny I had to share it with the world, on the front cover of the box it says "Dripping with genuine disappearance" .. I'm not kidding. It's like they picked random words and threw them together on the packaging and the manual.

AA Car Essentials Beam Converters
AA Car Essentials Beam Converters

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't europeans ever use these in UK ???, 20 Jan. 2015
So why do we Brits put these on our cars when we go to Europe ? Because it's a legal requirement. But have you ever seen a left-hand drive car in the UK with headlight converters on it? It seems like a rule that only applies to British people in continental Europe, and the rest of Europe doesn't bother with them when they go to countries that drive on the opposite side (and yes there are a few countries that drive on the left in Europe like Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, Malta, Cyprus ) and nobody complies with this law except the Brits.

Would love to not have to buy them but its easy money for police in Europe (most especially in France) A tip, you are supposed to remove them when you return to UK but if you gently peel them off and put them on top of say cling film or clear plastic then you can use them again multiple times. Also make sure you do take them off in the UK as I had a particularly miserable MOT guy who failed me just for having these stickers on. Ok they are removable, but it's a petty thing to fail for so take em off when you get home.

Heavy Duty Deluxe Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Heavy Duty Deluxe Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Offered by PTB Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Garlic squasher, 20 Jan. 2015
Well it does the job, but the two handles are basically hollow tubes with plastic caps stuck to the bottom to seal them off. Problem is the plastic caps had fallen off and putting them back in results in the same problem again. However, functionally it works great and is cheaper than the Ikea designed one it's based on.

Cooler Master Elite 110 - Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Computer Case, Supports standard ATX PSU - Black, USB 3.0
Offered by AV-ELECTRONIX GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gamer / media player chassis, 20 Jan. 2015
Bought to use as media player chassis. It's very nice, but easily scratched and the front panel collects a lot of dust near the intake fan, but all computers do that, it's just not as easy to clean it and there are no filters.

Having said that, I love the case. Its the perfect shape , and holds the right amount of disks for me. It might seem a little cramped once you get the power supply in, but all in all a very tidy case with good build quality. It does however scratch quite easily and the lid is quite flimsy but I dont plan to take it apart very often.

Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX - NF-A4x10 FLX Fan - 40mm
Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX - NF-A4x10 FLX Fan - 40mm
Offered by NOCTUA - Designed in Austria

5.0 out of 5 stars It's super quiet and it seems to be of excellent build ..., 20 Jan. 2015
I bought this to replace a heatsink fan on motherboard with hard wired CPU. It's super quiet and it seems to be of excellent build quality. I think its a little expensive, and i'm not sure all the fancy claims about its design really make much difference overall but it works much better than the stock fan I had and is lovely and quiet which Is what I wanted.

Grifiti Slim Wrist Pad 12 is a 12 x 4 x 0.25 Inch Wrist Rest With Washable Black Nylon Surface and Non-Skid Neoprene Base Made For Apple® Wireless Keyboard with Bluetooth, Anker, Macally, Logitech, GYMLE, Gear Head, Genius, SIIG, Solidtek, Perixx, Verbatim, HP and other 12 Inch Slim Keyboards and Slim 10keyless Keyboards
Offered by Grifiti, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrist saver :), 20 Jan. 2015
Very happy with this rest, it's not the gel filled type its more like foam. It's very comfortable, and it saves me hurting my wrists after hours of typing. It fits the apple wifi keyboard perfectly.

Asrock Mod AMD ASROCK QC5000-ITX/WiFi Motherboard
Asrock Mod AMD ASROCK QC5000-ITX/WiFi Motherboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice board good for games and media players, 20 Jan. 2015
Nice motherboard capable of playing games quite well with good graphics. I'm using it as a media player and so far it has played everything i've given it including high bitrate blurays and IMAX movies that android and appleTV won't play. The board wifi is a bit poor but I just replaced the mini PCIe card for a better wifi card and added a second antenna (it comes with only one).

Only slightly negative thing I found is that I had to buy a new fan for it, because the supplied fan was very noisy when used as a media PC.

JVC Xtreme Xplosives Headphones with Remote and Mic - Black
JVC Xtreme Xplosives Headphones with Remote and Mic - Black
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad construction. Completely broke in a few weeks., 22 Sept. 2014
I've had a few pairs of JVC headphones now, but these have been the only ones I felt strongly enough about to review.
When I first got the headphones I was really impressed at the bass from in-ear headphones. Sound quality was good and price was good.

Then about three weeks after buying, I took them out of my pocket to find that one side had snapped completely off. The actual speaker part had snapped off from the main body and was left hanging off with the wires hanging out. I hadn't mistreated them, I had only had them a few weeks and they broke. They broke because the actual speakers are more or less at a right-angle to the body.

I still have an older pair of similar JVC headphone (but the speaker is inline with the body) and they have survived 3 years without any damage at all but these couldn't even survive three weeks.

Antec One Midi Tower Case - Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX, 2 x USB 3.0
Antec One Midi Tower Case - Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX, 2 x USB 3.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality, airflow fantastic, great design., 9 Aug. 2014
Nice case, very nice features and excellent overall build quality.

This is my second Antec case now, after purchasing it's larger twin the Antec Three Hundred gaming case and I've been very happy with both of them, but I like this smaller one better. The drive bay arrangement is excellent and it's unbelievably easy to replace a disk, just attach the provided clips to the disk, and slide it into a bay until it clicks into place. No screws required.

The fans provided are quite powerful and I can even feel the breeze on by legs from the unit under my desk. Temperature wise, I purchased an additional two fans to put into the front of the chassis, and added a fan I found lying around to the door. You get the rear and top fans included. My system temperatures are about 25C which isn't bad considering ambient temperature today is 29C.

The case feels very well built, no sharp edges to slice your fingers on. There are already motherboard headers provided, thumbscrews wherever screws are needed and a whole bunch of spare screws. Airflow design is excellent and although I'm not using any 5.25" bays, there are plenty of those too and I think the drilled hole design on the front looks great. You get the standard USB3 and audio headers at the top of the case too, they work fine, overall very pleased given the price it's really excellent value for money.

Dell C1765NF Multifunction Colour Laser Printer (Print/Scan/Copy/Fax)
Dell C1765NF Multifunction Colour Laser Printer (Print/Scan/Copy/Fax)
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer for pure printing, missing a few modern "features" like borderless prints., 9 Aug. 2014
Excellent "little" printer (it's actually fairly heavy), very economical with good results but beware of acceptable paper types. Great for every day printing use, but not so great at photographs due to lack of borderless printing.

I got sick of paying for cartridges and getting bad results when printing on inkjet printers leaving lines, stripes and just general sad looking printouts. So I opted for a good networked colour laser. I was deciding between a Samsung and this one and finally settled on this one due to the cartridge and running costs. I am a bit surprised and saddened however that the printer does not accept transparencies which I have a need for, I think it most likely will not accept exotic media like t-shirt transfers etc, but it doesn't stop it being an excellent little printer for every day use.

This is the networked (Ethernet) one, it does not have WiFi (C1765NF), there is a WiFi version but I considered it not worth paying the extra money to use WiFi since I have switches where I planned to put the printer anyway. I have so far printed using Mac OSX and Windows 7/8 without a problem and have scanned using both. Driver support is excellent and scanning works in OSX and Windows including the auto document feeder. Works under linux too, it also works using the mobile print app for Android very well.

Slightly annoying that it tends to lighten scanned/photocopied images, but you can choose to darken them slightly either via the printer interface or via the print driver, this makes it better in my opinion (I use the "Darker 1" setting) I have not tested the fax function (who needs fax in 2014 except lawyers?)

Pro's :

Super cheap running costs and replacement cartridges
Excellent print quality, glossy vivid images (once you darken them slightly)
Quick print time
Minimal noise
Feels strong and sturdy
Special document tray for labels/envelopes etc.

Cons:

Takes a while to warm up when sleeping (most laser printers do anyway)
Beeps after it's printed, if you print a lot of documents it's a lot of beeping.
Won't take transparencies
Won't do borderless photo's
No duplexer

Overall I'm very satisfied with the printer, it works great in a home/small office environment but I feel it could use some modernising such as the borderless option. I have yet to replace any of the cartridges as Ive only printed about 500 pages but they are all still showing over 80% full :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 11:34 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5