Profile for Matt > Reviews

Content by Matt

Matt

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
White 13A UK Visitors Travel Adaptor Converting European Schuko to Standard UK 13A Plug. Bulk
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars A good earthed fused euro to UK adapter., 28 Mar. 2015
Perfect. I move around a lot and have quite a bit of euro/uk equipment and changing plugs all the time is a hassle, but most converters don't have a fuse and are not usually earthed,so this is exactly what I required. So many of the Euro "Schuko" to UK 3 pin adapters are not earthed but you might think why is it a big deal ? well in most EU countries, the fuse is placed inside the device not in the plug .. so if it blows you have to crack it open and possibly invalidate the warranty... not ideal.

I bought a device recently that had a european Schuko plug on the end and I didn't want to cut it off as it invalidates it's warranty but it was actually an earthed device and I wanted to preserve the earth connection not loose it as with most converters. These ones are a bit bulky but they work perfectly. They have two earth prongs to grip the euro plug perfectly on the earth connections and there is a 13A fuse on the back so it's easily changed. Overall very nice, spend the extra pennies and get this one in stead of a cheap one without an earth/fuse.

KnuKonceptz Mini ANL (MIDI) In Line Fuse Holder
KnuKonceptz Mini ANL (MIDI) In Line Fuse Holder
Offered by KnuKonceptzUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong sturdy with some thought to the design., 28 Mar. 2015
Seems like a quality product that has had some thought put into the design. It's well constructed and the machining is top notch.
Note this one takes the ANL fuse not the old cylindrical type. Typically used in car audio purposes, I used it on a set of leisure batteries hooked up to an inverter so I also bought the 100A ANL fuse pack to go with it. It works great and feels like it will last a long time. Would use one of these on my next car audio project as well. Cons: a little bit big for just an ANL fuse holder, but whatever.

Waterproof Mini Blue LED Digital Volt Meter 4.5v to 30v for 9v 12v 24v
Waterproof Mini Blue LED Digital Volt Meter 4.5v to 30v for 9v 12v 24v
Offered by travelinwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright, reasonably accurate too., 28 Mar. 2015
Very bright display. Easy to read. Cables are a little bit on the short side, but since we're only measuring voltage here we can get away with using cheapo wire to connect it up to our power source. I've tried a numer of different voltages on it and it is surprisingly accurate in line with a flue meter.

The display is very nice and in totally dark conditions will be very easy to read thanks to it's bright LEDs and diffused covering. Apparently it should be water resistant ? but have not tried that out and don't intend to. I used it to keep check on two charging leisure batteries, but I wouldn't hesitate to use one in my car/caravan/truck whatever.

Keel Toys 35cm Storm Husky
Keel Toys 35cm Storm Husky
Offered by Sent2u by HTS-SCOTLAND

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and soft but not suitable for small kids/babies., 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Keel Toys 35cm Storm Husky (Toy)
Nice and soft but not suitable for children under 36 months.

I was looking for something for a newborn, but sadly this one states it's not suitable for it on the label so I returned it. (It didn't state this or any recommended age in the description). It has a tendency to shed fur and has plastic eyes so thats presumably why it can't be used for newborns. But the toy looks nice, it feels really soft and I'm sure more grown-up kids would love it. Colours look amazing and the fur looks like real fur. I will probably even buy this again when our baby is a little older.

Betron DC950 Headphones Earphones, Noise Isolating, Bass Driven, High Definition In Ear Canal, Tangle free, Replaceable Earbuds for or iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black with Mic and Volume Control)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice headphones with good quality sound for the price., 28 Mar. 2015
Nice headphones. They feel like nice high quality headphones and I love the flat cable, it makes untangling them much easier.
As for the sound quality, the bass is a bit lacking but nevertheless impressive for in-ear buds and overall midrange seems strong and clear too. Have been using them a few weeks now and yes I did loose one of the buds, but fortunately there are plenty of spares. It comes with a nice carry bag, which had I used I probably wouldn't have lost one of the buds.... but anyway I've noticed really nice quality from these a huge improvement over standard ones supplied with your phone. The mic works fine and I can have nice clear conversations with people, but the volume slider seems a bit sticky to me, its hard to make fine adjustments so I just leave it on full and adjust the device im listening to.

Overall very pleased with them and consider it good value for money.

Pros:

Nice clear mid-range sounds like headphones 10x this price.
Flat cable is easier to manage or untangle.
Awesome style / looks
Good range of earbud pieces
Carry case
Clear microphone

Cons:

Bass/Low freq could be stronger.
Volume slider seems stiff, hard to make fine adjustments
Plastic sounding cone crunch when you put them in your ears.. might deteriorate early? time will tell.

Welding Cable Battery Live 290 Amp 35mm Red Flexible Per Meter Mig Arc Welder
Welding Cable Battery Live 290 Amp 35mm Red Flexible Per Meter Mig Arc Welder
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice thick cable for welding or for battery use., 13 Mar. 2015
Perfect for linking batts ! I joined two 110AH 12v batteries with this and i'm able to run a 2000W inverter just fine and don't have to worry about the cables frying because they are rated to 290A which is way more than I intend to draw from them. The cable is nice and thick but also flexible, it's the multiple small strand type so its easy to screw into fittings and more malleable. The cable has some flexibility too its not rigid. Very nice.

Car Battery Terminals 1 Pos & 1 Neg
Car Battery Terminals 1 Pos & 1 Neg
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 32mm cable and joining batteries together for marine, camping or power projects., 13 Mar. 2015
Great just perfect for linking two batteries together. I bought 4 of these to join 2 x 100AH leisure batteries together.
I joined them using 32mm welding cable which fits right into the tube shaped part and screws down nicely. Because I used quite thick cable, I didn't have any issue with the length of screws. Mine weren't golden/brass coloured they are silvery. They seem just fine for the job and I can connect both inverter and other batteries and chargers using the nut and bolt. Wouldn't hesitate to use them on the car either they seem very good.

Rii i25 Multifunction QWERTY Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard IR Remote Learning Remote For PC, PAD, XBox 360, PS3, Google Android TV Box, HTPC, IPTV (2.4G Black)
Offered by Uxpressbuying

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, useless as a mouse but decent keyboard., 20 Jan. 2015
Bit fidgety, the gyro "air mouse" function is useless. I spend all my time waving it around and it's not accurate at all.

But the keyboard on the reverse works just fine and it has a fairly decent distance. The box and the manual were so funny I had to share it with the world, on the front cover of the box it says "Dripping with genuine disappearance" .. I'm not kidding. It's like they picked random words and threw them together on the packaging and the manual.

AA Car Essentials Beam Converters
AA Car Essentials Beam Converters
Offered by Profile Autones

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't europeans ever use these in UK ???, 20 Jan. 2015
So why do we Brits put these on our cars when we go to Europe ? Because it's a legal requirement. But have you ever seen a left-hand drive car in the UK with headlight converters on it? It seems like a rule that only applies to British people in continental Europe, and the rest of Europe doesn't bother with them when they go to countries that drive on the opposite side (and yes there are a few countries that drive on the left in Europe like Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, Malta, Cyprus ) and nobody complies with this law except the Brits.

Would love to not have to buy them but its easy money for police in Europe (most especially in France) A tip, you are supposed to remove them when you return to UK but if you gently peel them off and put them on top of say cling film or clear plastic then you can use them again multiple times. Also make sure you do take them off in the UK as I had a particularly miserable MOT guy who failed me just for having these stickers on. Ok they are removable, but it's a petty thing to fail for so take em off when you get home.

Heavy Duty Deluxe Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Heavy Duty Deluxe Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Offered by PTB Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Garlic squasher, 20 Jan. 2015
Well it does the job, but the two handles are basically hollow tubes with plastic caps stuck to the bottom to seal them off. Problem is the plastic caps had fallen off and putting them back in results in the same problem again. However, functionally it works great and is cheaper than the Ikea designed one it's based on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6