Profile for Matt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Everbuild WIPE80 Wonder Wipes Trade Tub x 100
Everbuild WIPE80 Wonder Wipes Trade Tub x 100

5.0 out of 5 stars Wipes it all away !, 30 Jun. 2015
These wipes are awesome, they clean just about anything off of anything. I've recently been doing a lot of painting, and got some on our wood floors but these wipes just wiped it all away, same goes for your hands afterwards as they say they can be used on your skin (although it is a chemical cleaner so not that often !) I use them to clean stains off the carpet, spills on wood floors, paint on lightswitches etc. I'm really pleased with their ability to clean just about anything. Even managed to clean up the stickiest stuff ever (expanding foam) will buy again much cheaper than other branded impregnated wipes that do the same thing.

Komodo® Ethernet LAN Network Cat5 Cat5e Cat6 Cat6e RJ45 RJ11 Cable Tester
Komodo® Ethernet LAN Network Cat5 Cat5e Cat6 Cat6e RJ45 RJ11 Cable Tester

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 28 May 2015
I wasn't even able to test this tester... it requires a 9v battery which will NOT fit in the case ?!.

I tried putting the 9v in while everyone around me giggled, so I passed the device to some other people to try. They all gave up.
The battery compartment is just too small to hold the battery. Poorly designed. Even poorer instructions "If any disobeys...." er ok.
Why can't Chinese find someone who speaks English to write manuals / information on box. I bet theres someone in China who thinks he speaks 100% fluent English ... here is an example from the box:

"Test cannot be done while RJ45 copper screezers are not totally pressed. Any disobeys may lead to a permanent damage of the end"

Ok so try to turn that back into English... what are Screezers ??!.
Comment Comment | Permalink

UPS Output Connector. IEC to 4way UK Gang Socket - 2 metres
UPS Output Connector. IEC to 4way UK Gang Socket - 2 metres
Offered by Select Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me UPS for everything !, 28 May 2015
Now my regular devices can benefit from the UPS too like my phone/router/switch/wifi box etc etc.

My UPS says not to use one of these.... but where is the fun in that ?!? It probably says it because you can overload one of the ports by connecting too many high powered devices up to one UPS port.. but I use it for low powered non IEC connected stuff like my cable modem and switch that I want to stay up when the power goes down and the UPS kicks in, my switch also powers my CCTV cameras which I want to work when power goes down as well. This strip is perfect for it. Its nice and light, has a neon on light and the right connect for hooking up to your UPS and four regular UK sockets.

I think provided you aren't plugging in very high wattage devices into the strip it should be fine with your UPS too. YMMV.

Everbuild EVFF7 Fix and Fill Expanding Foam Filler 750ml
Everbuild EVFF7 Fix and Fill Expanding Foam Filler 750ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Best expanding foam. Much better than Polyfilla, 27 May 2015
Don't buy polyfilla expanding foam... buy this.

After two trips to B&Q buying and returning polyfilla foam, I wanted to try something else. This can is larger, and works much much better and costs less.

The Polyfilla ones kept squirting out gas as well as foam (held upside down or not) and made a mess of everything but these ones worked much better and the foam didn't ooze and leak as much as the other one but it expanded just fine and sawed/sanded off to perfect finish you can fill/smooth with probably one layer of filler if you did it right.

It's also about half the price of polyfilla, so don't waste your money on that, get this one and you won't be disappointed.

Top tip: 100% must wear gloves ... unless you want to peel expanding foam off your skin for the next week, its super sticky.

SAC Electronics C2051 RJ45 CAT 5/5E/6 Crimping Tool
SAC Electronics C2051 RJ45 CAT 5/5E/6 Crimping Tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job many times and still going., 27 May 2015
Works well it feels like it applies a lot of pressure to the connector when crimping. Cutting action works great, and the trimmer well it took a little getting used to applying the right amount of pressure yourself to the trimmer otherwise you end up eating into the cables and they break but once I learned to do that right I was hooking up cables in minutes.

I've used a few cheap ones but this one is high quality well built and is the perfect tool to cut, strip and crimp RJ45 connected cables like Ethernet or ISDN. It even has a strip guard so you strip the right amount of insulation off for crimping. Very nice. I wonder how long the cutting and stripping blades will last but i've cut about 50 cables now and its still sharp.

ABUS E90B 4040 E90 BSI 3 Star Brass Plated Kite Marked Door Cylinder
ABUS E90B 4040 E90 BSI 3 Star Brass Plated Kite Marked Door Cylinder

5.0 out of 5 stars High security lock with nice features. Works perfectly., 27 May 2015
I would prefer to have no locks at all. None. The weakest point of your house might be the lock. Why have something that someone who's watched or practiced lock picking can break in minutes or seconds? I'd much rather have no visible lock mechanism and use RFID but sadly the insurance company only knows words like "5 Lever" or "Mortice" and fancy words like RFID mean nothing and must therefore be insecure... cough..wavepay??..cough.

Anyway, if you have to choose a lock, this is a great one. If you know anything about locks, they are easily defeated. Either by bumping (very easy simple technique where the pins simply jump up and unlock when struck with a special key) or by snapping or drilling. This lock resists all of those (for a given amount of time as per the standard) and has functioned perfectly since install. It was also a straight swap for me, old one out, new one in which took 5 minutes.

The lock comes with 3 keys and an Abus identity card. If you ever had an Abus lock before (like on your motorbike or cycle) then you might know it has special keys which you have to get copied by an authorised locksmith or back in Germany HQ at Abus. This helps to make the lock even more secure. I bought two of these to secure my front and back doors and I guess ill buy more of them for my conservatory doors too. Very happy.

Pro: High security with lots of features at very good price.
Cons: The keys are chunky and big ! but its not a "big" problem..

SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (1 Litre) 1000 ml
SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (1 Litre) 1000 ml
Offered by Shiny Hardware Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glue / gunk remover., 27 May 2015
Great for removing glue and gunk. I wanted to remove some truly hideous window stickers left as a gift by the previous owners children where mere muscle and a very sharp knife was going nowhere fast. I poured plenty of this onto the offending adhesive and rubbed it in several times with a sponge for good measure and left it to sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I was able to scrape it all off easily and no trace of the glue at all on the window.

You can use this stuff to clean lots of things, like plastics without damaging them. It's also very pure and could be used as rubbing alcohol (probably shouldn't use it in any medical sense but if I were on a dessert island, sure i'd use it). It's commonly used for cleaning printed circuit boards too.

Fire Blanket 1m x 1m
Fire Blanket 1m x 1m
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Every house should have one., 24 May 2015
This review is from: Fire Blanket 1m x 1m
Every house should have a fire extinguisher, a CO detector, a smoke detector and... one of these !

These should be somewhere in everyone's kitchen or cooking area, not only might it save your life one day but also protect your kitchen at the same time. If you have ever seen a chip-pan fire or oil fire you will know how quickly it can become a volcano of fire. A fire blanket can safely be thrown over any burning pan/fire in the kitchen and starve it of oxygen putting it out or at least severely reduce it. They are cheap, quick and easy, just pull it from it's container by the two toggles at the bottom and throw it over the fire. The material will not burn nor release any toxic fumes in the process. You hope you never have to use one of these things.. but it's better to have one than not.

It has a hole at the top for mounting it with a simple nail/screw.

3M 4251 Maintenance Free Reusable Half Mask FFA1P2RD -Single respirator
3M 4251 Maintenance Free Reusable Half Mask FFA1P2RD -Single respirator

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for DIY and doing those infrequent nasty jobs., 24 May 2015
Does the job nicely if you don't need one all the time it's a great alternative and perfectly suited to DIY use not every day heavy use.

I'm recently refurbishing a house, using paints, paint strippers, adhesives, horrible nasty chemical sprays, tile sealers etc etc and I want something to protect my lungs and not shorten my life 10 years by DIY'ing the house. As I only planned to do this once for a few months this disposable mask is perfect. It will block all the particulates of concern to me including the paint fumes / nasty stuff from the chemicals and doesn't cost a fortune.

I'm thoroughly convinced this has saved me from getting some nasty headaches I would normally get from painting/decorating and using chemicals. Would not hesitate to buy another one when this one kicks it...

New Classic Thick Coir and Rubber Large Doormat 45x75cm
New Classic Thick Coir and Rubber Large Doormat 45x75cm
Offered by Trendi

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and built to last., 24 May 2015
Top quality coir. It's very sturdy and looks great. Our old doormat was worn down and shabby looking and this one looks very classy at a cheap price and is made from eco friendly stuff. The rubber part is quite thick and I'm sure it will last a million footsteps or more. For the money, I'm very happy and thinking about getting another for the back door and conservatory doors.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7