Profile for C B Hurley > Reviews

Content by C B Hurley

C B Hurley

The Irish Cottage: Finding Elizabeth (The Irish Heart Series Book 1)
The Irish Cottage: Finding Elizabeth (The Irish Heart Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pack this in your suitcase (Kindle!), 13 Jan. 2016
A good holiday read which flowed really well and kept me interested. I found the story had echos of PS I Love You, which may or may not have been deliberate, but didn't detract from the experience.

Bracken 3m Round Cantilever 8 Rib Parasol Ecru Cream
Bracken 3m Round Cantilever 8 Rib Parasol Ecru Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 20 Sept. 2013
Relatively easy to put together but one of the bolts was de-threaded and wouldn't screw in. I had to purchase another bolt from B&Q! It requires very heavy paving slabs to weight it down sufficiently to stop the wind from pulling it over, and would be better concreted permanently into a patio for absolute security. I tried to buy a stand on wheels for it, but the design of the umbrella fits over the receiving pole, not inside, so its not suitable for most alternative stands. Having said that it's fairly easy to put up, less easy to take down as it's quite heavy. Does the job, and is very big so shields a big space of ground from the sun.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking seats, good customer service, but two our of three chairs have bolts that don't fit, 20 Sept. 2013
I love the look of these chairs, and with cushions they're very comfortable and great to lounge away sunny afternoons. We had some problems putting one of them together as one of the bolts for the chair arm was misaligned and wouldn't fit whatever we did to it, eventually resulting in pushing the receiving nut out of its space. I contacted the seller, sent them photos and they sent a replacement free of charge, so great customer service. We were full of hope in putting together the new chair, but it did exactly the same thing, and we now have three chairs, only one of which is perfect. Having said that, I really like them, and hope to get many years service out of them. There is some slight cracking to some of the planks as the summer has progressed, but I aim to treat the wood with teak oil to protect them so hopefully it won't get any worse.

PMS 500 LED 52M Warm White String Fairy Lights On Clear Cable with 8 Light Effects, Ideal for Christmas, Xmas, Party,Wedding,ETC

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty lights, with multi-changer modes. Great customer service., 20 Sept. 2013
I bought the warm white and bright white sets, for inside and outside Christmas trees. The bright whites unfortunately burnt out as soon as they were plugged in, giving me a bit of a fright, but I contacted the seller who replied almost instantly and promised to replace them. I received the new set, in good working order, within 2 days and wasn't required to return the faulty set which was a relief as they're quite heavy. Customer service was excellent. My only concern is the short length of cord, as for outside use they're not going to reach the house but I have an extension cable which accommodates and weather-proofs plugs.