Profile for mumofone > Reviews

Elvie- kegel exerciser to strengthen and tone your pelvic floor
Elvie- kegel exerciser to strengthen and tone your pelvic floor
Offered by Chiaro Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars You can do it, 18 May 2016
I never write reviews on Amazon but I felt like reaching out to all the other women/mums who are suffering with a weak pelvic floor and wondering how they can improve their quality of life and whether the £150 Elvie is the answer... Ladies I feel your pain! I gave birth 18 months ago, it was really traumatic with a big baby and episiotomy/forceps etc and my pelvic floor was ruined. I'd never had any issues with it before, it was very strong. I remember a week after the birth, having a full bladder after waking up, standing up to walk to the loo and just having urine pour out (followed by tears). Miserable, especially as no one had warned me and none of my friends had this problem. It got better with time, slowly, and I saw an NHS physio who was amazing (I would recommend this) and I used the Squeezy app. But I got lazy and stopped practising daily. Now I have OK bladder control-unless I have a few glasses of wine and laugh, or a cold/cough and then I have to wear pads. I can't exercise without pads (and lots of loo trips) which I find sad as I used to love exercise. I felt so frustrated by this I thought, right, I am going to get back to pre-birth pelvic floor or at least try my hardest, especially as I am thinking of no2 and I dread what will happen unless I make an effort. I read these reviews and just thought, at least if I spend £150 on it I will use the guilt as motivation to use it. I have and it really really helps. After the first week my pelvic floor felt noticeably firmer, I had forgotten the feeling of your organs/uterus being lifted up higher, supported by a firm muscle and it feels so much better/tighter. My bladder control is noticeably better. I need to pee less often. I have less leaks. It is restoring my faith in my body being able to get back to a place of normality and strength. It will take work but Elvie makes it less of a chore and more importantly you realise when you are doing the exercises wrong (using breathing/your tummy). I would seriously recommend seeing an NHS physio and getting Elvie if you are desperate to get your pelvic floor in shape. YOU CAN DO IT. :)

Theraline The Economy Standard Maternity and Nursing Pillow including Cover (Design 83, Jersey Ecru)

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to sit up comfortably without a million pillows (which are too soft and ..., 10 July 2014
6 months pregnant, finding it hard to sleep, so uncomfortable. Difficult to sit up comfortably without a million pillows (which are too soft and sink down) so after reading reviews I invested in this. Worth every penny. I love it. Great to prop yourself up on, lovely to hug at night.

Mind Maps in Medicine
Mind Maps in Medicine
by P. McDermott

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Maps in Medicine is a Fantastic Book, 23 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Mind Maps in Medicine (Paperback)
This book is both beautiful and revolutionary. It is now a joy to revise, to learn huge amounts of information, free from the clutter of text; its extraordinary. This book is detailed but vast and to the point, covering all the essential systems and clinical scenarios in manageable webs. Take it a page at a time. Soak it up. Light bulbs have been going off in my head all evening, understanding, SEEING the connections between things. Its like having a book of the best revision notes you ever made. Its like viewing the earth from space. Its fantastic. Thank you so much to the authors for being ahead of your time and providing information in this format. I would advise any medical student to buy this, it is well worth your money. It is the kind of book you will learn from but also keep going back to when you want to refresh your knowledge quickly and easily.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2010 10:44 AM BST