Profile for Dr Gonzo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Oral-B Advanced Battery Powered Toothbrush
Oral-B Advanced Battery Powered Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable, inexpensive, your teeth feel cleaner, 12 Jan. 2017
I'm so pleased with this toothbrush. I've only used it once, but my teeth feel cleaner in comparison to when I've used manual toothbrushes.
I've used many manual toothbrushes on the market, I have used the cheapest (Primark multipacks, Wisdom, Stores own brands) the mid-range (Colgate, Oral-B, Sensodyne) and the more expensive (Curaprox) and I got mixed results. The cheapest usually have very hard bristles, whilst Curaprox has soft bristles which is good - if you don't need to brush away large food particles. I usually go for the Colgate 360, but bought this on a whim. I'd heard that electric toothbrushes cleaned your teeth a lot better than manual ones, but watching a friend charge his in his car whilst we were camping seemed really silly to me. I'm on the go a lot, I do a fair bit of travelling and manual toothbrushes make more sense when you are in remote areas (or even just places where the room you are staying in doesn't have a plug in the bathroom)
But because this runs of 2 AA batteries I wouldn't have any issues taking this with me.
Sure, it's a little bit heavy but it's portable, I only need two spare AA batteries. When I'm at home it's not a hassle at all.
Plus you can change the head, which you can't always do with electric toothbrushes that run on batteries (so you'd need to throw the whole thing away which is rather wasteful) and it has a rotating head which cheaper electric toothbrushes don't have
I'm very pleased with this toothbrush!

White Zap Cap
White Zap Cap
Offered by Findmeagift

4.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to use, 28 Nov. 2016
This review is from: White Zap Cap (Kitchen & Home)
Nifty, albeit bulky. Opens bottles well, larger bottle tops not so much. It's easy to use.

Dymo S0883980 LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker ABC Keyboard - Black/Blue
Dymo S0883980 LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker ABC Keyboard - Black/Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Packaging is tough to open, 28 Nov. 2016
Other than the incredibly tough plastic to cut through (I ended up with a gash on my finger after my brand new scissors couldn't cut through it and I had to whip out my Swiss Army knife)
So far, so good. It does what it says on the tin. I've wanted a label maker for some time, instead of writing my name in books I'd rather just print off a label instead. Once I'd been to A&E and got stitches, and came back home, it was easy to set up from that point on. I left the instructions aside unread and had it up and running in less than five minutes. Just be careful when opening the packaging.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Green Room [Blu-ray]
Green Room [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Anton Yelchin

5.0 out of 5 stars White Knuckle Thrills, 1 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Green Room [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
From start to finish, this film grabs you by the throat at the speed of a bullet and doesn't let go until the final shot. Intense, gripping and at times quite gruesome, but never boring. If you're looking for an intense thriller, Green Room is a good pick.

Neon Demon OST
Neon Demon OST

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 1 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Neon Demon OST (Audio CD)
Atmospheric, intoxicating, unsettling, enthralling.

All these words and more describe The Neon Demon's soundtrack.

The Neon Demon [Blu-ray]
The Neon Demon [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elle Fanning

5.0 out of 5 stars NWR continues to amaze, 1 Nov. 2016
This review is from: The Neon Demon [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
An absolutely phenomenal horror film. Very unconventional, there aren't many scares until the final act, but the build up is riveting and very unsettling. The film, with the slightly alien performances, achieves this dreamlike state reminiscent of old Giallo films. This is a must watch for all Nicolas Winding Refn fans, and Horror fans as well.

Deepwater Horizon [Blu-ray + Digital Download]  [2016]
Deepwater Horizon [Blu-ray + Digital Download] [2016]

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling Experience, 3 Oct. 2016
Absolutely phenomenal film. The sound design along with the fantastic stunt work and SFX worked together to make a thrilling, emotional roller coaster that is definitely worth every penny.

Two Doors Down Series 1 [DVD] [2016]
Two Doors Down Series 1 [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Simon Hynd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and true to life, 18 May 2016
This is one of the best comedies to have come out on TV in the last few years. So many characters are very recognizable as people in our daily life's, the joke's fantastic and it's down to earth.

Brooklyn [Blu-ray]
Brooklyn [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Saoirse Ronan
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 14 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Brooklyn [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Truly a perfect movie. There is so much I could say, but I know that I don't have the writing skill to make it come across as anything but nonsense. I felt so much watching this, a scene of a man singing damn near floored me. The acting was stunning across the board, all realistic, nothing showy. It's a masterful exploration about identity, family, love and so much more that I can't wait for everyone to experience.

Buy this film, watch it, and you will love it.

The Visit [Blu-ray] [2015]
The Visit [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Kathryn Harn

1.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly a return to form for M. Night Shyamalan, 3 Jan. 2016
Makes absolutely no sense, especially on a second watch when you know the ending. It's not scary at all, just cheap jump scares [which weren't scary either]. It has an outlandish ending and the internal logic is not respected at all [HD quality skype call from a cruise ship and the countryside] but some would call this nit picking.

Others have enjoyed this film, but I couldn't stand it. I watched it with someone who was excited to see it and they also hated it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4