Profile for Mrs A Roussos > Reviews

Online Share Investing: A UK Guide
Online Share Investing: A UK Guide
by Alistair Fitt

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 12 Oct. 2013
I got this as I was left bemused having read the Motley Fool book on UK investing. This filled in some very basic blanks I would have liked to have seen in the Motley Fool, was far more readable, even included some stuff not covered by the Motley Fool. Having said that I think if I hadn't read the Motley Fool I wouldn't have got as much out of this book. However, I now feel ready to go online and look for my broker! Would like to see something out there that truly takes the time to cover just the first few steps and the basics really thoroughly to get you up and running. I will just keep reading.

The Motley Fool UK Investment Guide
The Motley Fool UK Investment Guide
by David Berger

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Oct. 2013
Having first encouraged and convinced me that I was not a fool - I became increasingly convinced that that is exactly what I am the more the book progressed. Loads of info, but for me it missed out the very simple nitty gritty that I as a complete beginner wanted to learn, I also felt the explanations would probably have been fine if I had known what he was talking about, and they all seemed to miss the vital bit that would have pulled it all together and made it understandable. I was very disappointed but having said that there was some good info in there.