Profile for Adam Phillips > Reviews

Large and Chunky Cast Iron Hat & Coat Hook
Large and Chunky Cast Iron Hat & Coat Hook
Offered by Barlis Of Lincoln

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hook but invest in different screws, 28 May 2016
The hook is good quality but the screws it comes with are only about 1 cm long so it just pulled out the wall as soon as I put a heavy coat on it. Not impressed.

Epson V11H562140LU Full HD 1080p 3D Home Cinema and Gaming Projector
Epson V11H562140LU Full HD 1080p 3D Home Cinema and Gaming Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant projector, couldn't be happier!, 25 Aug. 2015
Fantastic projector, only just managed to get this set up after purchasing it last year. I love it, if I had one complaint it would be the refresh rate seems a little low, I get a bit of juddering on the screen with fast moving images, but it's quite minor.

The speaker is good as a temporary thing or if you wanted to use it for presentations or something but you can't use it to watch movies or anything as it's not really loud enough. The fan is quite loud but on ECO mode, it's a lot quieter and the sound of the movie/game drowns that out so it's not a problem for me.

I have plugged my PS4 into it via HDMI, I set up the HDMI link to my PS4 which allows me to control the menus and video playback controls from the projector remote control which is great!!

Overall, a great bit of kit and I couldn't be happier.
Comment Comment | Permalink

UNIVERSAL PROJECTOR BRACKET DLP CEILING SHORT MOUNT - HOME CINEMA
UNIVERSAL PROJECTOR BRACKET DLP CEILING SHORT MOUNT - HOME CINEMA
Offered by BHF

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but didn't come with screws that fit my projector., 25 Aug. 2015
The bracket seems to be good quality though it does seem to move position over time even after tightening. The only main issue I had with the bracket is the screws provided didn't fit my projector (Epson) which isn't what I expected for a 'universal' product, so I had to go out and buy some others.

Overall, good product, shame about the lack of different screws available.

CLOTHES MOTH TRAPS x 10
CLOTHES MOTH TRAPS x 10
Offered by Anglia Farm Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't work and aren't sticky enough, 25 Aug. 2015
This review is from: CLOTHES MOTH TRAPS x 10 (Misc.)
These are rubbish. We have been using them for a month now and have managed to catch 1 moth. We put them around the house and left it for 2 weeks and caught 1 moth so we moved them into different positions and didn't catch anything. I have killed on average a moth a day, they don't seem to be attracted to these at all. I also placed the trap over the top of a moth on a wall, it flew onto the paper, walked across it and flew away, so even if moths are landing on it, I don't trust that the traps are sticky enough!

Don't recommend this product at all!

Nest Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat
Offered by AP-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and beautiful, 4 April 2014
Unlike the other reviewers here, I know the difference between a thermostat and a timer control so was expecting to have to leave the hot water controls in place. Yes, I understand that this sets the times for when the heating comes on and turns off but at the heart of the product, it's a thermostat.

After it's learnt from you for a few days, you get a better idea of when it needs to turn on and off, I've simply modified my hot water timings to be as close to the heating ones as I can.

Anyway, I love this funky little gadget and you can't complain about build quality or ease of use, brilliant bit of kit and highly recommend!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2014 7:53 PM BST