Profile for coach > Reviews

Content by coach

coach "Gary" (North West England)

The Song of Taliesin: Tales from King Arthur's Bard
The Song of Taliesin: Tales from King Arthur's Bard
by John Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted poetic and magical book, 10 July 2015
I am very surprised to the the first to review this most excellent well, written book, by a very good author!
Perhaps this is because the title and cover do not tell us clearly what this book is about?
Sadly this means many people will have missed out on the book's wonders, so perhaps I had better explain.
This is a very cleverly done idea, writing as a scribe to the great man himself. Thus we hear about Taliesin's life story with extra insights into his poems using both historical and inspirational or poetic licence.
This works very well, allowing the reader to gain a real feeling for the 'otherworldly sensibilities' of our eponymous hero, and Matthews' poetic translations retain more than a flavour of the poetic.
This is not a book for academic or historical reference, but a book for those who wish to gain a sense of the power of poetic wordplay to move an audience - recommended for all would-be modern bards, or anyone interested in the ancient Celtic mythology of Taliesin, Merlin, Arthur and the Grail.

Health Line products® New Adjustable Rolling Pneumatic Massage Salon Barber Tatto Manicure Stool Beauty Chairs

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! first time sit on it and a wheel breaks!, 28 April 2015
Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
what a serious piece of crap!
I took the stool out of its packaging
and assembled it.
I sat on it and a wheel broke!
complete rubbish
avoid this stool and this company

New Magic for a New Era: How to Live a Charmed Life (The New Era Book 3)
New Magic for a New Era: How to Live a Charmed Life (The New Era Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightenment made easy, 18 Mar. 2015
This book crosses genre boundaries. It is amazing at explaining what consciousness is, does and how to use it differently to everything you have ever learned before.
Then we become practical and learn that we can heal ourselves of all ailments because our DNA is programmable, if you create the right healing and changed in your beliefs.
And we learn about magic and how to upgrade ourselves! Almost to become human 2.0!
I think Tom must be human 5.0 and rising, when he explains in simple easy to follow language, about the 5th, 7th and 9th dimensions and flitting from past to present to future!
This is an extraordinary book written in ordinary language that can be followed by anyone with an open mind and a sense of adventure.
Whether you are an explorer of consciousness, a healer or therapist, a coach or personal developer, a Seth fan, a magician or magic user, or anyone who might find everyday wizardry a useful addition to your skills and abilities
It is so magical, you would think a wizard had written it!

Outstanding leadership (Seconds Away from)
Outstanding leadership (Seconds Away from)
by Molly Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, focused and to the point. No fluff, all good content., 22 Feb. 2012
Thank you Molly Harvey for this book.
It covers all the things you would expect in Leadership, but somehow goes deeper, even though a lot of it is in simple focused, bullet point form.
Unlike the usual business book of someone with one point repeated many times to pad out, this is all content and no filler. Thank you for not wasting my time.
This book is annoying, it makes you stop and think! What I thought was an evening's read took me a week of scribbles in the margin, highlighter pen and now I have to get another one to read it again!
The bit that made a huge difference to me was the 'Discipline' section. I love the idea that "discipline is the art of doing the things that you don't want to do, because if you do something you love doing, it doesn't need discipline to make it happen!!"
The inner satnav section was fascinating too, good to see unusual topics like Heart, Intuition and Wisdom that for me are the mark of a good leader, even though most leadership books seem to over focus on systems, processes and tools, which in my 20 years of corporate senior management experience, are necessary but not enough to turn a dysfunctional organisation or department around. It all starts with the people, and as you point out, people are Dramatically different, and sometimes I wonder we communicate at all.
These are the secret nuggets that top leaders so rarely share.
So now I need to get off my duff and go take some of the Focused Action you recommend, and my email is now off until I choose to make time for it!
Good luck with your book, I hope this is issued to all business and government leaders and managers everywhere, it will make a huge difference if it is.

Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom: How Online Social Networking Will Transform Your Life, Work and World
by Matthew Fraser

2.0 out of 5 stars Great title and concepts, shame about the execution, 29 Mar. 2009
I was so excited about this book, that when it arrived, I gave up slaving over a hot keyboard, and immediately indulged in what I hoped would be sage wisdom to help me better utilise social networking, 'in my life, work and world' as promised in the sub-heading.

And oh how disappointed I became.

First 50 pages or so - brilliant, exciting, motivated me to read through..
150 pages of guff - what the heck has this to do with medieval politics and the Knights Templar???
100 pages of interesting and often useful insights

GUYS! if you only have 150 pages of great content, then please don't waste my time to read 150 pages of not-that-exciting average stuff. Just give me the 150, and as they say on Broadway, 'leave them wanting more'...

Gary 'The Expediter' Plunkett

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
by Dr Laura Schlessinger

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be on the national curriculum, 27 Nov. 2006
This is an excellent 'how to' book, which asks some pretty direct questions, and has a bold take on our contemporary culture - in other words she has not much positive to say about modern day feminist attitudes, that blame everyone except the person who is responsible, yourself!

She gives many tips and hints on what to do to take responsibility for the situation and how to improve it.

Much of what she writes seems like common sense, only, as we know, common sense is not that common!

I hope there will soon be a similar book for care and feeding of wives too.

Well worth it. Go buy it!