Profile for Katy > Reviews

Katy

Where the dark fish swim
Where the dark fish swim

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut novel, 14 Feb. 2017
This is a fantastic first novel told from the point of view of Michael writing a letter to his son, Huck. I enjoyed this different style and the way the story builds and twists all the way through. It made me think about the stories of people around me as well as my own. I would highly recommend this.

Bundle!
Bundle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and compelling read, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Bundle! (Kindle Edition)
Before I read this, I had never even heard of bundling, but the author draws you in to the crazy ideas of Big D, the lead character, and soon you know all there is to know. I love Mark's style of writing, including taking scenes and anecdotes from daily life, but twisting these enough to make a compelling story. I certainly didn't see the ending coming and read the final 50 pages late into the night just to find out what happened!

The relationships between the main characters is a believable, funny, and insightful view of male friendship, and I'd recommend the book to men and women alike.

Skippy Dies
Skippy Dies
by Paul Murray

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely engrossing and good read, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Skippy Dies (Paperback)
The first scene in the book where Skippy dies is really gripping, and from then on you're on a journey learning about how and why he's dead. The book shows many different perspectives, and there are some real twists along the way.

I would agree with some of the reviews that the book is too long, but it is a good read, and I would recommend it.