Profile for A. D. Mcgrath > Reviews

Snakes and Ladders Ludo Retro Board Games
Snakes and Ladders Ludo Retro Board Games
Offered by PDK Charnwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 25 Jan. 2014
Standard classic game i used to play and wanted to introduce to my kids. This product is quite nicely made i.e not too flimsy.
Good price for a good product. No problems with delivery to Finland either.

Nintendo Selects : Sports Resort (Nintendo Wii)
Nintendo Selects : Sports Resort (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars A good selection., 25 Jan. 2014
This disc had a good selection of varied games on it.
My wife and I enjoy it as much as the kids (girl 8yo & boy 6yo). We wanted a games console which involved lot's of movement and NOT a vegetable state sat on the sofa. This games disc provides lot's of great games making it a fun light exercise session.
Defo recommend.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but functional., 25 Jan. 2014
This armband is a very basic but functional item. It feels quite plasticky but works well and fits my average size male arm.
I don't see the point in spending big bucks for a product that simply holds a phone in place.
This item does the job well enough.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but functional, 25 Jan. 2014
This item does the job well enough.

Digital Photography Month by Month
Digital Photography Month by Month
by Tom Ang

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point., 12 Aug. 2013
The book is intended to be a starting point when your creativity is feeling a little flat. And as such it does a pretty good job.
It doesn't set the world alight but has some good imagery and wise words to help job the old brain cells.
My photography user level is advanced and so I didn't need an "explain every detail" kind of book and which is why I like this book. You'll never get a single book to suit everyone but this would come fairly close because it has a good balance of ideas and tech details.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
by Dan Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Dan, 4 Aug. 2013
What can I say. I am partial to a bit of Dan Brown from time to time for that high octane cheesey drama action.
Inferno gave me that hit in typical fashion.
If you like Mr Brown's style then you won't be disappointed with Inferno.

Creative Black and White: Digital Photography Tips and Techniques
Creative Black and White: Digital Photography Tips and Techniques
by Harold Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Well rounded source of information, 4 Aug. 2013
The main reason I like this book is that it covers many aspects of mono tone photography in quite a brief but still a fairly thorough way. It doesn't go into tens of pages of waffle for each sub section like some books just to boost the page count and therefore the price. I've been into photography for 15 years and I still managed to pick up a few things I didn't know.
I thought the way in which he introduces the concept of mono tone imagery and then brings us into the digital age is very well done.
He offers up some pretty useful digital editing techniques which I haven't seen.
All in all this book didn't blow me away but I'm very glad to own it. The images in the book range from ok(ish) to good but for me that's not so important. He manages to pass on the important info.
I would recommend this product to any low to mid level photographer.

Guylond 22 Piece Cosmetic Case Makeup Set
Guylond 22 Piece Cosmetic Case Makeup Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Not fantastic but pretty good., 4 Aug. 2013
I chose this product as a gift for my 8yo daughter (her choice not mine).
The build quality seems good and according to my wife the make-up selection is well balanced and well thought out.
All in all the product isn't amazing but it's well worth 3 good stars. The extra (fourth) star is for the company MicroMantis.
I had an issue with the postage on this order and contacted them. They replied very quickly and were extremely helpful and professional. They clearly care about the customer feedback and not "all about the money".
Thanks for a good online buying experience.
I would recommend this product and from my experience, MicroMantis as well.

New Pyramid Miracle Juices: Over 50 Juices for a Healthy Life (New Pyramid Paperback): Over 40 Juices for a Healthy Life (Pyramids)
by Amanda Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little companion., 27 July 2013
I was looking for a simple, easy to scan, entry book into the world of juicing. I couldn't have picked a better little book.
The book is filled with gorgeous looking juice images and nice large simple text blocks. It very easy to scan and each category (i.e Energy Boost, Detox, Sleep Tight, etc) only takes up a double page and has very brief ingredients/recipes, what the particular juice does for you and why the specific ingredients were chosen.
One thing I really loved is that it doesn't preach to you about "hippy heaven", it just lays down the facts in a few sentences and concentrates on the juices and how they effect your body.
I would recommend this book to everyone I know. It's even got me shopping around for a masticating juicer. I'd never heard of that before I picked this book up.
Why didn't I give 5 stars? I never give 5 stars as perfection is never attainable IMHO, but this comes pretty close.

Downton Abbey - Series 1-3 / Christmas at Downton Abbey 2011 [DVD]
Downton Abbey - Series 1-3 / Christmas at Downton Abbey 2011 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 14 May 2013
Someone recommended Downton to me just because they said it has gone down well in the UK.
Bought this box set on the off chance all those people can't be wrong.
The wife and I sailed through the whole set in 8 days. Very addictive. Be warned.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4