Profile for spangey > Reviews

spangey

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar. 2013
Well written, clever, witty and ridiculous - an excellent read, possibly the best 20p I've ever spent (even when you could buy a curly wurly for that)

Before I Forget
Before I Forget
by Fiona Phillips

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 July 2011
This review is from: Before I Forget (Paperback)
I ordered this book as both my parents have suffered with Alzheimer's for the past 5 years and counting. I deliberately saved it for a quieter period in my life, as I fully expected to be quite emotional reading it. Little did I realise that 95% of the book has nothing to do with Alzheimer's but is infact a Fiona Phillips autobiography, which frankly is not that interesting (although I was living abroad during her TV career so have no particular knowledge of her). It may have been a better read if it was written better and had more structure rather than being disjointed and flipping around from one subject to another and back again. After the first 250 pages, for the last part, there is much more about the struggles of Alzheimer's and I did have a few tears, in hindsight I should have just read those pages having borrowed it from a library!

To sum up-the title is misleading to the point of being a con and I would not recommend this book to anybody other than perhaps a fan of Ms Phillips.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Jan. 2011
I bought 4 of these for 4 friends with a photo 20 years ago and another 20 years on. Precisely what I wanted and reasonably priced too.

EDZ Extra Warm Thermal Neck Tube - Unisex - Black
EDZ Extra Warm Thermal Neck Tube - Unisex - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits snug and warm, 10 Jan. 2011
Good product and having been washed and worn a fair amount the last few weeks, it continues to be able to stay up over my ears and chin. This was an issue with it's predecessor!

Ladgecom All-Weather Sunglasses & Goggles with Head Strap for Cycling, Running & Ski Sports
Offered by Ladgecom

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 4 Dec. 2010
I ordered these on a whim whilst ordering some thermal gear this winter as I'm sick of my regular glasses falling off, steaming up and generally being a pain whilst out walking in the fields with the dogs. An excellent 'whim', I don't wear them with the head strap but they still fit snuggly but are lightweight and comfortable with the foam too. Great price and so a bargain, thanks.

Northern Soul: 20 Original Classics
Northern Soul: 20 Original Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars He's happy!, 3 Dec. 2010
This was a gift for my boyfriend who considers himself a Northern Soul guru. He thought the tracks were many of the best, listened to it on his drive home and so he's happy and at such a reasonable price-that's a bargain!