Profile for janie mc > Reviews

The Sopranos: Complete HBO Season 1 [1999] [DVD]
The Sopranos: Complete HBO Season 1 [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Gandolfini

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 26 Sept. 2012
A friend had been raving about this series for years - I can now totally see why. The characters are beautifully flawed, each with their own demons but you just can't help liking them and appreciating how difficult it is for Tony to be both a mob boss and a family man.

It's All Downhill
It's All Downhill
by David Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive ....., 30 May 2012
This review is from: It's All Downhill (Paperback)
Take this book on holiday with you and freewheel your way through the plot. The characters and plot develop beautifully and there is a fair amount of humour. It draws you in and you just want to know what happens next - which is (in my book) the best recommendation because it's almost impossible to put down. You don't need to be a cyclist ...... it's just a very good read.

Bruce Springsteen - The Collection, 1973 -1984
Bruce Springsteen - The Collection, 1973 -1984
Offered by filmsmk

5.0 out of 5 stars Unadulterated pleasure, 1 Feb. 2011
Totally fabulous - I knew some of the older Springsteen stuff but have been totally blown away by both the stuff I didn't know and the stuff I'd forgotten was soooo good! Great Value box set.

Inkheart [DVD]
Inkheart [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brendan Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever!, 27 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Inkheart [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really amazing film and so very clever the way it weaves several well known stories and the characters from those stories into the story itself. It's not often that I will quite willingly watch what I consider to be a 'childrens' film but my 11 year old daughter and I both love this film and will watch it again and again - and I keep buying additional copies for other people as presents - that's how much I like it!

Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive, 9 Mar. 2010
I started reading the first book, Twighlight on Christmas Day and went through books 1, 2 and 3 like a hot knife through butter. I don't usually do hardbacks (a long standing aversion) but just had to order Breaking Dawn as I simply couldn't wait for the paperback version. The tension that built throughout the first three books continues. With some books you can guess at where the storyline is going but I really had no idea how the plot on this one was going to develop or what the ending would be. By the time you have reached Breaking Dawn you know the characters intimately but there is still an unpredictability which keeps you page turning well past bedtime ..... I was consumed with the need to know what was going to happen next (won't tell you and spoil it for you) but you won't be disappointed! The worst part was knowing that the story was going to end and that (as yet) there isn't a fifth book to move on to.

Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Absorbing, 3 Feb. 2010
These books will suck you in (excuse the pun.) I have found myself reading when I should really be doing other things and well past midnight. I just want to know what happens next. I've read Twighlight, New Moon and Eclipse over a period of four weeks and I'm just starting on Breaking Dawn.

NCIS: Season 1 [DVD] [2003]
NCIS: Season 1 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Mark Harmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 Sept. 2009
This review is from: NCIS: Season 1 [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I have only recently discovered NCIS and just love the way the characters bounce off each other. It's pure indulgence to curl up on the sofa and watch an episode or two.