Profile for Pandrei > Reviews

Content by Pandrei

Pandrei

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Limit Women's Quartz Watch with Pink Dial Analogue Display and Silver Bracelet 6166G.29

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent every-day watch, 3 Aug. 2016
I bough this as a present. The design looks a little too girly with all the flowers, but the quality finish compensates and it is an excellent every day use kind of watch.
It is very well built and looks expensive without being a know-off. it is easy to resize in case it's not a perfect fit (there are 3 removable links on each side)
The only flaw I could find is that after a while the chrome plating tends to "rub off" in areas exposed to contact. It looks like it has been sanded of and is only noticeable if you look really close - so it does not ruin the watch. But I guess this happens to all chrome plated watches; the only way to avoid it would be to buy polished stainless steel.

Theia Unisex Heavy Flat Court Shape Polished 18 ct White Gold 5 mm Wedding Ring - Size U

5.0 out of 5 stars don't spend your money on high street Jewelers, 3 Aug. 2016
I was not sure about buying jewelry online but buying it off amazon gave me that extra bit of confidence I could return it in case I would receive anything other than what I expected: a which quality item.
I did my research before opting to buy these rings so I knew exactly what to expect. The finish is very high quality; it actually is white gold, not some cheap alloy (or just a white gold plating) - I checked; And best of all it was 40-50% less than what the main street jeweler shops offered.
If you know the design you want and you know the ring size, I would definitely recommend Theia. For me, it was an excellent choice.

Vax C88-AM-PE Air Compact Pet Cylinder Vacuum, 800 W, 2 L
Vax C88-AM-PE Air Compact Pet Cylinder Vacuum, 800 W, 2 L

5.0 out of 5 stars don't let the size fool you, 27 April 2016
This little guy pack a punch. It is by far the best vacuum cleaner I ever had:
- size & wight: very compact, light, easily stored away in a closet.
- suction power: this is where it truly shines: I used this on the carpet in the bedroom with the intent of mostly gathering small bits and pieces of "stuff" that ended up on the floor. The carper looked fairly clean. Halfway through I looked in the dust compartment and could not believe it; it was full of dust and other particles. I guess the carpet was not as clean as I thought.
- accessories: it comes with a few of them , for reaching into corners, drapes, sofa, etc. Can't say that I miss any accessory I would ever use.
- handling and reach: the cord is about 5 m long which is a good length for a compact vacuum cleaner and it seem to do a good even for those hard to reach corners.
- noise: it is loud; not loud enough to bother the neighbors but you won't hear anything around you while vacuuming.

That being said, I would recommend this if you have pets in the house and even if you don't; it does a wonderful job and can be easily stored away once you are done.

Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
by Steven D. Levitt

5.0 out of 5 stars very insightful, 11 Feb. 2016
The author puts a new spin on the way we should view the world. One can argue that his methods are not ...trustworthy, because most of the time you are just taking his word for it, but the methods used are quite insightful. It's a very entertaining read; it had me hooked for hours at a time.
I recommended it to most of my friends and got very good feedback about it.

Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful fitness watch, 11 Feb. 2016
The battery life is amazing; lasting up to one month if you are only using the device as a watch. And more than a week if using GPS and HRM.
It sits comfortably on your wrist, but it s thicker than most watches you it might be annoying with a long sleeve shirt/jacket.
It's a great fitness watch; I only use the HRM and pedometer and don't bother downloading the data off it (it's just too much trouble for me).
The touch screen is pretty responsive most times; I have seen it lag here and there.
The most problematic part from my point of view is the HRM strap; you have to put it on, take it off, wash it ...it's just too much maintenance. An optic HRM would have been much better. (TomTom have a version of this for the same price, or better).

Buyee® DM360 Waterproof Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor Smart Fitness Coach & Tracker Smart Watch for for IOS Apple iphone 4/4S/5/5C/5S/6/6S Android Samsung S6/S6 Edge/S4/S5/Note3/Note 4 HTC Android phone (Black+black)

2.0 out of 5 stars moto 360 knock-off, 10 Sept. 2015
I bought this watch because I was looking for a fitness watch that looks good and has at least the basic functionality: pedometer and hear monitor. I hasn't really interested in features like pairing it with your phone.
This lasted in my possession less than 24 hours ( I sent it back ) and here's why:
- the first turnoff is the watch itself: the image looks cool showing a full, round LCD screen which is kind of hard to pull off. Actually the bottom 20% is not display so the picture is not showing the reality. Then there's the strap - extremely cheap and resembles a ladies watch strap (thin and delicate). It does not look good on a guy's wrist.
- the heart monitor: the manual says to wait 12 sec before the heart rate is displayed. I waited for minutes to get a reading. And the reading is extremely inaccurate: it was reading <50 bmp but I'm actually closet to 70 bpm. Gave it to my girlfriend to try and it wouldn't even read her's.
- pedometer: less then useless. I walked for about 2.8 km according to google maps and the pedometer was reading 1.6km. In all fairness the watch does not have a GPS and the pedometer uses only an accelerometer counting steps according to "the shock" it feels. This means you can easily fool it and it won't be that accurate. But you can expect at least a ballpark figure - if it were 50 -100m off I would have been ok with that.
- the touchscreen, seems to be less sensitive as you get closer to the edge of the screen. This makes it hard to use sometimes and quite annoying.
- it comes with a round screen protector which you have to apply yourself - this does not really make sense to me. You have to peel off the plastic foil on the screen ( all new watches have one ) and then apply the screen protector yourself; why not deliver it with the screen protector already on?
- to charge it you have to use the provided cable which is one end usb and the other a proprietary connector - why not just use a regualr micro usb cable?!

The only reason it does not get 1 star is because there are a few things ok with it:
- the case is comes in looks nice - like a book, sort of ( but this does not matter because you usually throw it away but it's a nice first impression)
- you can change the background and the theme but you only have 2 or 3 choices
- most of the apps seem to work ok: it has an alarm, an calculator, stopwatch plus a whole lot of others which interact with your phone.

I did not bother to try all the features because it defeated the purpose I bought it for from the start.
The watch tries to do the same thing as the moto 360 watch but it's just a cheap imitation. And since it's only about 50 pounds cheaper than the moto 360 you're better off getting that one.

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
by Michael E. Gerber

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read for entrepreneurs, 3 Sept. 2015
One of the best books I've read on starting and managing a business. It does not address startups only; you are likely to find it useful even if you've been in business for years.
The author uses a wonderful blend of storytelling and management techniques to captivate you and get his ideas across. It's easy to read and understand and at the end of it you won't be left with the idea "this does not apply to me".
I found it to be a real eye opener and I even applied some of the ideas presented here and, to my surprise, saw immediate results.
The book does not tell you how to run your business; it does much better it tell you how NOT to do it.

3 x atFoliX Screen Protector Motorola Moto G (2. Generation 2014) Screen Protection Film - FX-Antireflex anti-reflective
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good screen protector but stay away from the anti-reflective, 7 Aug. 2015
The screen protector does a good job at protecting the screen from scratches but it does have it's shortcomings:
- it has a mate finish which is not particularly nice to the touch
- sometimes swipe gestures are impossible because of it; like zooming in when using the camera.

The good thing about it :
- it's easy to install, and you get 3 of them in case you mess it up on the first attempt
- it fits the screen pretty good, the holes are just the right size.
- it's anti-glare, sort-of

Personally I would not recommend this to anyone; I'd suggest they buy a better tampered glass screen protector.

EDIT: since writing the initial review someone from Customer Care contacted me about it and offered to send me a replacement because I was not satisfied with my initial purchase. So really good customer service, especially since I did not reach out to them (+1 start because of it).
I asked for a clear protector instead of the anti-reflective which is much better: easy to apply and you can hardly tell it's there.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2015 8:09 AM GMT

Motorola Moto G 5-Inch (2nd Gen UK Stock) Dual Sim 8GB SIM-Free Smartphone White (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the price tag fool you; this phone packs quite the punch., 26 Jun. 2015
I got this as replacement for my Samsung Galaxy S3. The price was better than even a Galaxy S4 which at this point is an outdated model since the S6 came out not too long ago. But comparing the specs this can go up against most of the hi-end phones out there (HTC M8, Samsung Galaxy S5 even the S6 up to a point).

The look, even though it's not a very slim phone, very cool. It's very ergonomic, does not feel bulky at all and the 5" 1080p screen really give it the competitive edge.
It runs "raw" Android which means that any updates that become available you are likely to get them first (I takes ages for samsung do deliver updates). It's very responsive and it does not heat up as much even though it has a hi-res screen.
But the best thing about it has to be the battery life - it can go up to 2 days when using it regularly (wi-fi and data connection on, a lot of browsing and facebook activity bu no games) or one full day if you play games during the day of watch a lot of youtube. And that's on a single charge. But the Qualcom chip in it supports supports FastCharge technology so if you get a charger that supports it you can go from an almost empty battery to 80% in just 30 min.

The only, sort of, draw back one could say this phone has would be the plastic exterior. Which does feel kind of cheap. But on the other hand even on a fancy metal exterior phone you put a plastic/silicone cover. You do the same with this one and it does not matter anymore. Personally I just keep it naked because it's easy to replace the plastic case - they are widely available and cheap to purchase.

Beetroot Powder - 250g
Beetroot Powder - 250g
Offered by Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 5 Jan. 2015
I initially got this to use as natural coloring in sweets but it works great for lattes and smoothies or simply used as topping.
The taste is quite strong so you don't have to use more than a teaspoon for a drink and you get a good quantity of it, so price/value is really good.

If you never tied beetroot powder and are looking for something natural in your diet, this is a must try. If you have used it before, this product won't disappoint.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7