Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for mimi > Reviews

Content by mimi

mimi

Doctor Who - The Monsters Inside (New Series Adventure 2)
Doctor Who - The Monsters Inside (New Series Adventure 2)
by Steve Cole

4.0 out of 5 stars Monsters Inside, 7 May 2006
This was the first book of Doctor Who I ever read and I wasn't disappointed.

In the past I tended to avoid Sci-Fi books but as a big Doctor Who fan, I couldn't resist but try these written series out. I found this book hooked me in the moment I read the first paragraph.

I did find that the writer had written certain well-known phrases that the doctor used, from the TV series and after a while it became a little bit repetitive trying to work out where he's used it before but the story it self still captured that energy and enthusiasm the Doctor and Rose have on their travels, even when it does leads them in to trouble!

I found one of the good things in this book, that all technical terms are broken down so the reader isn't lost, even in the long explanations.

About 2/3s of the way in I did find the writer rushed a little bit towards the end but it still had that energy flowing and I couldn't resist getting stuck into their adventure, enjoying the jokes along the way. In fact, I couldn't put it down and read it in just over 12 hours, a new personal record for me. Well worth the read!

Doctor Who - Only Human (New Series Adventure 5)
Doctor Who - Only Human (New Series Adventure 5)
by Gareth Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Only Human, 7 May 2006
Only Human was 1 of 2 first Doctor Who Books that I bought recently, to try and see if I would enjoy the written series.

It is one of those books that when you pick it up and started reading, you have to know what happens next. I think I read it within 24 hours, 2nd time I have ever done this and that was with the other Doctor Who Book!

I found that the Author (Gareth Roberts) had captured each character really well while giving his own unique personal touches. Which I found made it even more refreshing, making you want to know what he'll get the characters to do or say next. Even the enemies in this story were well thought out. The contents leading up to their background was a pretty scary thought and makes you even question yourself, what would you do if given the choices?

Over all, I will highly recommend this book to anyone. It is an enjoyable book to read, a page-turner all the way through, not to forget, Rose's and the Doctor's sarcasm.