Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
2 X Excelvan Universal 3D Active Shutter Glasses (Bluetooth) For Sony/Panasonic/Sharp/Toshiba/Mitsubishi/Samsung 3DTV
Offered by FUDISI Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent 3D Glasses, 7 Jan. 2017
I bought these glasses to go with my Sony KD-55XD9305. I struggled to get them to pair with the TV at first but found if I held them right up close to the SONY logo at the bottom of the screen, they paired without a problem. Batteries charge relatively quickly and will last for at least 1 film. They fit over all the spectacles that I've tried so far and work well. The TV wasn't bought for 3D, but it's nice to have the capability and these glasses enable that without a huge expense.

NETGEAR WN604-100UKS N150 Wireless Access Point
NETGEAR WN604-100UKS N150 Wireless Access Point

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good - decent replacement, 26 Oct. 2013
Bought this as a replacement for another Wireless Router that was acting as a AP that went pop.

So far so good, it's doing what is required of it. It didn't take long to set up and it's just sitting there now serving very nicely as an Access Point.

Cable Matters Active HDMI to VGA Male to Female Adapter - Supports Audio
Cable Matters Active HDMI to VGA Male to Female Adapter - Supports Audio
Offered by Cable Matters

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Oct. 2013
My laptop doesn't have a VGA port, just an HDMI port so this converter to enable me to hook up to external displays and projectors was exactly what I was looking for.

It works well, slightly confused by the mini USB port on the side - is that for additional power? Seems to work with or without it so still not convinced what it does.

Anyway, small enough to keep in my bag and robust enough to cope with being in a bag all the time.

StarTech.com Headset adapter for headsets with separate headphone / microphone plugs - 3.5mm 4 position to 2x 3 position 3.5mm M/F

4.0 out of 5 stars Achieved the objective! :), 27 May 2013
People had been telling me that I sounded muffled on my mobile phone when I was using the in-ear headset that came with the phone. So, I wanted to use my PC Gaming headset with it to improve sound quality.

The PC Gaming headset had separate 3.5mm plugs for the headphones and the microphone whilst my S3 had a combined single 3.5mm socket. So, this does the job of bringing the headphones plug and the microphone plug in to a single plug enabling me to use my PC Gaming headset with my phone.

It's worked well, people are no longer commenting that they can't hear me on conference calls! :)

Berghaus Remote Backpack - Black/Coal, 20 lt
Berghaus Remote Backpack - Black/Coal, 20 lt

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I needed, 27 May 2013
I wanted a day-pack for practice and preparation for a 100k walk and after a bit of research I decided to buy this back-pack.

I needed something that would hold a hydration bladder, would have enough capacity to hold the bits and pieces I needed (first aid kit, food, torches, etc) along with clothing I would need for a 24hour walk (day and night - so major variations in temperature - 18deg C down to about 2-3deg C).

It easily coped with all that, and more, the whole contents of the bag being easily accessible through the zip that extends well down the sides of the pack. The external side pockets can be accessed (with slight contortion) even when the pack is on your back and the various loops and velcro tabs enable you to attach walking poles, caps, lights, whatever you like.

It always felt comfortable, easy to get on and off and the straps across the front kept it firmly in place, it was one thing on my 24hour walk that I didn't need to worry about, it just did the job.

Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy: A Journey to the Heart of Cricket's Underworld
Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy: A Journey to the Heart of Cricket's Underworld

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Insight, 27 May 2013
I bought this on the spur of the moment having read an article in a newspaper that contained excerpts of the book. I wasn't disappointed, a great read and very interesting to get insight in to the reality of Indian illegal betting and match fixing versus what has been talked about in the press.

2L Hiking Hydration Bladder Bag Backpack System Pack Water Reservoir Camping Fits Camelbak fitnessXzone®
Offered by Thunder Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I needed, 27 May 2013
I bought this hydration bladder bag for a 100k walk I was doing. It did exactly what I wanted - held 2L of water safely and without leakage, fitted easily in to my day-pack and had a good long tube to the bite-valve mouth-piece.

I re-filled the bag several times during my walk from a variety of sources and it was all good.

The bag can be a bit hard to dry after use. I found the best thing to do was to pinch the bag in the middle and wedge it on the draining board to allow air to circulate and thus dry.

PowerGen 9000mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger Dual USB output (w/imbedded Micro USB) for Samsung S4 S3 S2 / Moto G X / Google Nexus 5 4 7 and Android Devices / Apple iPhone 5s 5c 5 4S 4 3GS, iPad Air Mini 2 3 4 [Lightning Cable NOT included]

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job!, 27 May 2013
I bought the PowerGen PGMPP90000 battery pack because I was taking part in a 100k walk that would take 24hours+ and I wanted to use my phone to track my progress. From practice walks, I knew I'd need to charge my phone a number of times throughout the walk to enable me to track my progress for the whole 24hours.

I've had external batteries before and they've never really lived up to expectations, but this one is fantastic. Every 5 hours or so, I was charging my S3 from about 25% back up to fully charged in around 90mins (I found turning off data massively reduced the time needed to recharge). By the time I finished my walk (26hours), I still had sufficient charge left in the PowerGen to re-charge my phone once more whilst I sorted myself out before making my way home. After that, I reckon there was still sufficient charge to do one final re-charge before it would have been fully exhausted.

I only needed the in-built short USB cable, but it comes with a variety of other connections for most modern phones and two other full-size USB sockets to charge more than one thing at a time. The light is an added extra that I didn't need and twice I found the light had been turned on by mistake (pressing against something in my pack), but operation is simple and easy even when sleep deprived at the end of a long walk! Having both the battery pack and my phone in my trouser pocket was not a problem - it just isn't that heavy.

Altogether, a great product. It simply did exactly what I needed - fast charging with capacity to re-charge a phone like the S3 again and again whilst being used with GPS apps like MayMyWalk.

This isn't a long-term test, I bought it specifically for this event, but already, it's been worth every penny.

Tip: For the fastest phone re-charge, turn off data. At one point, even though I had the battery pack plugged in to the phone, the phone was clearly draining too much power from the battery to make any difference to the level of charge in the battery - was out in the countryside with very little signal. I initially stopped a number of apps like Facebook, Google Maps amongst others, but eventually turned data off altogether. Once I'd done that, the battery was recharged very quickly.

Official Nintendo New Super Mario Restik Wall Stickers
Official Nintendo New Super Mario Restik Wall Stickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious Bedroom, 7 Oct. 2012
When we redecorated our boy's bedroom (7 & 5), they chose a Mario Bros style bedroom. These large stickers were fantastic because they let us paint the big-picture stuff like the background and most of the platforms, etc, but placing the stickers on just made it perfect. They come on 3 large sheets, rolled up. We left them to flatten out for a while before applying them. We found they were nice and sticky and stuck to the wall easily, but also came off relatively easily if the positioning wasn't quite right.

Quite frankly, exactly what we wanted for the bedroom and the boys absolutely love it. These stickers were worth every penny.

DURAGADGET High Quality Black USB Desktop Docking Cradle / Charger And Stand For Data Syncronization, Specifically Designed To Fit Samsung Galaxy S III / S3

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good & Works with Gel Back Cover, 18 Aug. 2012
The dock arrived in a small see-through plastic box, very nice. Having set it up and dropped my phone in to it, it worked a treat and looked good. It supports the phone well and the USB cable provided is of a decent length/quality.

This dock does work with my gel back case, but at first I thought it wouldn't. It wasn't obvious how to get it to work and I couldn't see any mention of it in the meagre instructions. However, all was well. You have to remove what looks like an integral part of the dock to enable it to hold the phone with the gel case on it. There's a lip at the top of the cradle that supports the phone back, if you pull at this, a small internal shell comes away enabling you to place the phone in the dock with it's gel back case still in place.

Now, how do I stop myself losing that small internal shall?!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 12:46 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2