Profile for Matthew Lapsley > Reviews

Content by Matthew Lapsley

Matthew Lapsley "matthew_lapsley" (Sweden)

ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide
ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 16 Jan. 2014
This book gave me what I was after ie the basics of ITIL but it I have the following frustrations with it and/or ITIL:

1) It was very text rich with poor use of basic techniques to simplify reading eg bullets, bold text etc
2) The content was repeated several times eg objectives, scope and value sections often covered the same content
3) The use of examples was poor and limited
4) Either the book or ITIL over complicated the content, it is foundation remember. There were too many terms covering the same fundamental needs and poor examples of how the various areas interrelate.

I did get a good intro to ITIL though and feel confident about the exam. Just too many words to get me there.

Cable Mountain 1.5m Ultimate Gold Plated 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2x RCA Phono Plug
Cable Mountain 1.5m Ultimate Gold Plated 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2x RCA Phono Plug

2.0 out of 5 stars OK Lead, 14 Aug. 2010
The lead I got was a dull grey when the picture shows that it is brown, not a big issue I guess. I pulled out my cheap as chips cabel and swapped to this one, no difference in quality at all really so dissappointed. I have a home cinema setup with tiny speakers and a sub so maybe it is more noticable with a real stereo and decent speakers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 5:42 PM GMT

Everyone Hide From Wibbly Pig
Everyone Hide From Wibbly Pig
by Mick Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 28 Nov. 2003
I have bought many books for my 6 month old son but this one has proven to be the most entertaining. If I show him the book he starts laughing at once. It even works to get him out of a bad mood now. Maybe a little young to understand the story but the illustrations have kept him entertained.