Profile for Kalyanavaca > Reviews

Content by Kalyanavaca

Kalyanavaca "Kalyanavaca" (London, UK)

Soil and Soul: People versus Corporate Power
Soil and Soul: People versus Corporate Power

5.0 out of 5 stars A very inspiring read - I felt engaged throughout by ..., 23 May 2016
A very inspiring read - I felt engaged throughout by the author's obvious passion for his subject, and the documenting of the buying of the island of Eigg by the people who lived there was extremely moving and uplifting.

Stone Voices: The Search For Scotland
Stone Voices: The Search For Scotland

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational - many of the topics discussed I had not ..., 23 May 2016
Educational - many of the topics discussed I had not heard of before, such as Scotland having a large colony in Poland! Probably because we didn't really learn Scottish history in school, at least, not in the 50s and 60'. Well-written and engaging.

A Spool of Blue Thread
A Spool of Blue Thread

3.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised that this work made it to the ..., 28 Oct. 2015
I was surprised that this work made it to the Man Booker short list - I don't think it's up to her usual high quality standard. Disappointing.

Saints of the Shadow Bible (Inspector Rebus Book 19)
Saints of the Shadow Bible (Inspector Rebus Book 19)

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to form for Ian Rankin and Rebus, 11 Feb. 2014
I was really quite sad when Rebus retired and am so pleased to see him back in action. Very interesting!

Living as a River: Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change
Living as a River: Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change
by Bodhipaksa

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to the Six-Element Meditation Practice, 15 Aug. 2013
Casting the river as a metaphor for ever-changing reality is inspired. Not only is this book well-written, but it is up-to-date in a scientific sense, as well as being a thorough introduction to this deeply insightful and ancient meditation practice. It helps us to see through the sense of separation that we often experience, and which causes us suffering and fear, and to find a real feeling of connectedness to the universe.

Texet Cross-Cut Shredder with 12 Litre Waste Bin
Texet Cross-Cut Shredder with 12 Litre Waste Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars Shred away, 30 Jan. 2010
Great shredder, cross cut much better than previous ribbon shredder. I'm sharing it with my whole household and it's getting a lot of use,so far problem-free.