Profile for Joseph Hunter > Reviews

Content by Joseph Hunter

Joseph Hunter "J. Hunter." (Liverpool, England.)

Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, yet repetitive., 6 Aug. 2008
Bought this game a month ago when I bought my Xbox 360. I wanted to see what the hype was about and I wasn't disappointed... mostly.

First of all, the graphics are quite possibly the best I've seen in a game ever. Everything is so fluid and fresh. The missions are entertaining, but you do find yourself doing the same thing over and over, so a little variation on Ubisoft's part wouldn't have gone amiss.

When you complete the game there's no replay value, unless of course you want to run around the three cities. When you have collected all of the flags you get nothing. On the 360 version, you do get the Achievement but that's about it.

Also, you get to have a fun little chat with the person you've just stabbed in the neck, which doesn't make any sense.

Overall, it's a graphical marvel. The game itself is great but like I said can be repetitive. Better replay value would have been good, too.

The graphics give the game a star, and the actual gameplay gets three stars. Misses out on a star because of no replay value and dullness that plagues the game occasionally.

The Simpsons Movie [DVD] [2007]
The Simpsons Movie [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Dan Castellaneta

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire... just dire., 6 Aug. 2008
After waiting nearly 20 years, The Simpsons Movie is here. And it's crap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of The Simpsons, although the newer seasons are missing something, and the film is like an overly long episode of the newer seasons. I laughed out loud maybe twice throughout the film. The plot is laughable (and not in a good way), and it's all just very... sub-par.

Great animation, but a really terrible film. Save the money and buy Season 5 instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2015 1:39 PM BST

Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (Ltd Edition) [2007] [DVD]
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (Ltd Edition) [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a homage than a spoof., 6 Aug. 2008
I have been waiting for this since November last year. I quickly bought the Special Edition, and when I got round to watching the episode I was disappointed.

This is supposed to be a spoof of Star Wars, when it's more of a homage. Scenes have been re-created wonderfully, but I wanted the FG team to make fun of Star Wars, and this rarely happens. Most of the humour is stale and predictable, and stretched out. I was watching the episode thinking "it'll get better", but it just doesn't.

The animation is wonderful, and like I mentioned before, A New Hope has been wonderfully recreated, so credit where credit's due. I don't know if it was just me, but I was expecting more.

The box itself is great... until you open the art cards and 3D glasses. They have a slot in which they're supposed to fit into, but they don't. Also, the box with the DVD inside keeps getting stuck on the outer cardboard box, creating a tear on the box which makes it harder to slot it back in.

Overall, a good episode. Not up to Family Guy's usual standards, but hopefully the next Star Wars "spoof" is better.

Stardust [DVD] [2007]
Stardust [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Michelle Pfeiffer
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, magical family fun., 6 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Stardust [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Fantastic film. It's not your typical action/fairy tale film, it builds the characters wonderfully and builds up the story, with little bursts of action inbetween until the last 20-30 minutes when everything turns into a magical explosion of action.

Definitely buy this, you will not regret it.

Transformers (2007) [DVD]
Transformers (2007) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant., 6 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Transformers (2007) [DVD] (DVD)
This film will blow your mind. One the action starts, it doesn't stop until the very end. The CGI is some of the best I've seen on film - everything looks so fluid and natural.

The story is somewhat predictable - boy meets girl, both overcome huge evil and fall in love. The script is good, but could have been better.

Overall, a great action film which will leave you gobsmacked.

Rockferry
Rockferry
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, not so great album., 6 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Rockferry (Audio CD)
I heard 'Mercy' and I loved it; I still do. I waited for her album to be released, and was ultimately disappointed. Her voice is fantastic, but the sound of the album is too samey. The standout tracks are:

Mercy
Stepping Stone

Apart from that, it's all a bit boring and samey. Her lyrics and vocals are great, it's just the music that needs to be more upbeat. Still worth a try if you like 'Mercy' - but but warned - the album sounds nothing like the single.

Hard Candy
Hard Candy
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Madonna's back., 6 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Hard Candy (Audio CD)
I'm not really a fan of Madonna - I like the odd song. I fell in love with '4 Minutes' and decided to get the album. It definitely has a dance/techno feel to it, but don't let that put you off. Here's my mini review of the songs:

1. Candy Shop - Starts off good, but gets very repetitive.
2. 4 Minutes - Fantastic, as most of you know.
3. Give It 2 Me - Brilliant.
4. Heartbeat - Very addictive. I liked it.
5. Miles Away - Funky, and fun throughout.
6. She's Not Me - Upbeat, funky, fresh and a great beat.
7. Incredible - It's... incredible.
8. Beat Goes On - Hm... really good. Kanye West wasn't too bad, but he got a bit repetitive.
9. Dance 2night - Great. A solid beat, with great vocals and lyrics.
10. Spanish Lesson - Very different, but great. Very rhythmic.
11. Devil Wouldn't Recognise You - Great beat, with Madonna sounding great. Lots of variation.
12. Voices - Great end to the album.

Overall, a great return to form from Madonna. This album proves that she's still got some magic left in her. Definitely buy this.

Friends: Complete Season 5 - New Edition [DVD] [1995]
Friends: Complete Season 5 - New Edition [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston
Offered by Helgy

5.0 out of 5 stars Friends Series 5 - Buy it!, 1 Jan. 2007
Friends Series 5 starts off where Series 4 left us. Ross has just said Rachel's name instead of Emily (his financee.) Emily runs off and Ross returns to New York, not before letting Rachel go on his honeymoon to Greece alone. In the end, the marriage doesn't work out. (Yaaay, goodbye Emily!) Monica and Chandler's relationship also starts to develep in this series, and at the beginning they're trying to keep everybody from finding out. Of course, the gang does eventually find out in very amusing circumstances. Phoebe is hilarious in this season, as is Ross. This season our characters start to grow up, well, sort of anyway. Rachel is still in love with Ross and she tries to get over him. Joey is still Joey, dumb but loveable. All in all, this series of Friends is really good, and I'd recommend you to buy it.

Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)
Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of eqiupment - when it works., 1 Jan. 2007
I got the new video iPod as an early Christmas present in late November. I was so happy to finally be rid of my 256MB MP3 player. I charged up my iPod, put some videos and songs onto it. Two days later, it switched itself off. I couldn't switch it back on, even after I reset it. So I plug it into the PC, and it switched back on. It was fine again, until another hour or so. It kept switching itself off asll the time, so I took it back to the shop I bought it from, and they replaced it with no problem. Since then, I've had no problems whatsoever.

It looks sleek and stylish, and isn't as heavy as I thought it would be. The sound quality is excellent, as is the video playback. It looks like I'm watching a DVD Player, the quality is so good. The case you get with it is useful too, as it keeps the iPod from getting scratched all the time. The storage is amazing, too. All your songs are sorted into alpabetical order, too. The menu is simple to use, as well. The software nused for the iPod is iTunes, and that is also very simple to use. Overall, I think the video iPod is simply fantastic.