Profile for kikijay > Reviews

Yesterday's Sun
Yesterday's Sun
by Amanda Brooke

3.0 out of 5 stars average novel, 12 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Yesterday's Sun (Hardcover)
This is an ok novel. Nothing particularly stands out about it. I really liked the idea of it, but it did not excite me and I was not in a hurry to get to the end which is paramount to a good novel. Somehow it did not work and the ending was very disappointing.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, 12 Sept. 2016
Really disappointed in this item. I bought it for my husband and he has used it a few times and finds it absolutely useless. It does not make nice coffee and is a piece of equipment that has been thrown in the back of the cupboard.

The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist
by Jessie Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I expected, 28 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Paperback)
I felt this book was very well written and enjoyed the history lesson of the period. The descriptions of the streets and the houses were mesmerising and I easily became lost in the narrative. However I felt that the actual story lacked something. I was disappointed that the miniaturist never really materialised and thought that she didn't add anything to the tale. The story could easily have been told without the miniaturist, they just didn't intermingle.
I liked the character Petronella and although she was very young I could well believe that under the circumstances she was able to take over and assert herself. However given the period she lived in I'm not sure she would have forgiven her husband for his misdemeanours.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

3.0 out of 5 stars bit disappointing, 28 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Paperback)
I found this a bit disappointing given all the hype around it. It was very readable but not exactly a page turner.

The Guilty One
The Guilty One
by Lisa Ballantyne

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK read, 22 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Guilty One (Paperback)
I thought this was just an ok read. I felt the author was a bit naive in terms of the social worker and the foster carer. Firstly, Minnie would not have been allowed to foster only one year after having lost her daughter and her husband and secondly the social worker appeared to work 24/7. She was available to visit Danny on Saturdays and also was the one to pick him up from the prospective adopters on the Sunday when everything went wrong. Social workers may work long hours but on weekends the response team would be on hand.
Other than that it was an easy read. The ending was predictable I thought.

VonShef Electric Milk Frother Premium Stainless Steel Dual Function - Warmer For Hot And Cold Milk, Latte Cappuccino Foamer
Offered by DOMU UK

4.0 out of 5 stars frothy, frothy milk!!, 21 Nov. 2015
really ideal for frothing up milk although can't use much milk so it only accommodates one cup of coffee. However it does the job

10 XL Colour Direct Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement For Canon CLI-551XL/ PGI-550XL Pixma MG5450 MG5550 MG5650 MG6350 MG6450 MG6600 MG6650 MX925 MX725 MG7150 MG7550 iP7250 iP7200 iP8750 iX6850 Printers
Offered by Colour Direct

The Naked Trader: How anyone can make money trading shares
The Naked Trader: How anyone can make money trading shares
by Robbie Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars how to make money!!, 19 Jan. 2014
Interesting book, easy to read and some good tips. Depends whether you feel that you want to take the gamble. You won't get rich quick and if you haven't a bit of money behind you, you won't be able to do much with it.

Last Tango in Halifax: Series 1 [DVD] [2012]
Last Tango in Halifax: Series 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Anne Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars great DVD, 19 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my sister as she missed the first series. I watched both series and really enjoyed it!!

Page: 1 | 2