Profile for Hannomir > Reviews

Content by Hannomir

Hannomir

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
RED FEZ + BOWTIE + BRACES FANCY DRESS ACCESSORY SET SPACE TIME DOCTOR TRAVELLER COSPLAY OUTFIT RED BOW TIE
Offered by I LOVE FANCY DRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor who?, 18 May 2016
Guess who was going dressed as the 11th Doctor to a fancy dress party? No, it wasn't me. It was my daughter and she looked brilliant. Simple and cheap but effective.

5" High Heel Shoe Kit for Gumpaste/fondant by Cake Structure
5" High Heel Shoe Kit for Gumpaste/fondant by Cake Structure

5.0 out of 5 stars If the shoe fits......, 18 May 2016
OMG!! I bought this for my wife, as she loves baking cakes and making things out of sugarcraft, or whatever it's called. Our friend was about to celebrate her 50th birthday and her husband asked my wife to bake a cake large enough for 50 people but to have something memorable on the top. And as our friend loves shoes, this was apt. It came well presented with good instructions and a DVD/CD too and all the parts are well made. It took a couple of attempts to make the perfect shoe but when it was done, and sitting on top of the cake, it looked awesome. Our friend was so happy and all the guests were amazed at how fantastic the cake was but more importantly, how brilliant the shoe looked. Awesome piece of kit.

When I can get to my wife's phone, I will add a picture or two of the final product.

[Safety Alarm] BESTOPE® Patient Alert Alarm System Kit Wireless Alarm Emergency Pager Safety Elderly Monitors for Old People Security Pager
Offered by BESTOPE UK

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alarming!!, 18 May 2016
Didn't buy this for me but on behalf of a friend. Not much I can tell you about it, as I only opened the packaging to get the box out. My friend says it's okay but hasn't tried it properly yet.

The Wand of Albus Dumbledore : Harry Potter Noble Collection
The Wand of Albus Dumbledore : Harry Potter Noble Collection
Offered by The Noble Collection (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Abracadabra, 18 May 2016
Beautifully presented in a mock-velvet lined presentation box, with sleeve, the Wand of Albus Dumbledore is a must for any Harry Potter fan. Even for my troll-like hands, it fits nicely (not that I bought it for me you understand but for my daughter). Sadly, the only major downfall of this is that it doesn't actually do any really magic.

Oh well, you can't have everything.

Camp Half Blood Funny Book T-Shirt Womens , Ladies Girls tshirt
Camp Half Blood Funny Book T-Shirt Womens , Ladies Girls tshirt
Offered by Daytripper_Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Orange Percy Jackson T-Shirt, 18 May 2016
My daughter loves this as she is a Percy Jackson nut. It looks and feels good. Has been washed several times without fading and she said it's comfortable.

Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Silver Stainless Steel Strap AE1200WHD-1AVEF

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed and does its job., 18 May 2016
At the end of the day, I am not after a bit of bling hanging off my wrist. Nor am I interested in knowing how far I am falling out of an airplane or even how deep I am diving. I am not interested in wind speeds, or which way the gravity is pulling me, or how may steps I have taken, or even if my phone is ringing (I use my ears for that last one). All I want is a reliable watch, that tells me the time and date, has an alarm, lights up when I need to see it in the dark, is comfortable to wear, and has a long-lasting battery. Welcome to the Casio AE-1200WHD-etc etc etc.

For £20, it ticks all my wants. Yes, the main watch part is made of plastic. Yes, it does enable me to see what the time is in Hawaii, if I so wish. And yes, it is comfortable to wear. It looks good too. And it's a Casio. They have been making good watches for years and they have always been pretty reliable. I like the way it looks on my wrist. I like all the little screens and gadety look about it. But what I really like about it is that it is what it is.

I didn't buy a watch to make a statement. I bought a watch because I wanted it to do it's job. And for £20, really? It's only £20. You can't go wrong. Ok, it's got a world time that I would never use but that's nothing. It arrived well packaged. Came with a chunky little manual with clear English instructions, a way of registering with Casio, guarantees etc.

The buttons are straightforward and easily pressed. The steel strap is comfortable to wear and the clasp holds it securely (Note: I have large wrists, and the strap is a little too large for me, so I need to take out a link or two. I popped into my local H Samuels and they wanted £20 to take out a link!!) The illuminator can be set to last for 1 or 3 seconds and highlights everything in a orange glow (looks good in the dark). The watch face is nicely laid out, and the battery is guaranteed to last for 10years.

For those of you who will probably ask me dumb questions, here are those answers now. No, it doesn't have Bluetooth. No, it doesn't play MP3's. No, it doesn't monitor your blood pressure. No, it doesn't have Wifi or control your TV set. No, it doesn't count how many steps you have taken or what your cholesterol is set to. No, it doesn't have a radio, nor is it a smartwatch, nor does it run any apps, or talk to you.

If it had any of that, I wouldn't have bought it.

Useful Watch Back Case Opener Remover Metal Pry Lever Battery Repair Tool New
Useful Watch Back Case Opener Remover Metal Pry Lever Battery Repair Tool New
Offered by highqualityforyou

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a tool., 18 May 2016
What can I say? It is what it is. It has a wooden handle (green), a shaft of metal sticks out of it, and at the end of that shaft is a flattened curved end that has actually worked taking off the back of watches. It doesn't have WIFI built-in before some twit asks.

Women's Pikachu With Ear Tail Zip Up Hoodie Sweater Outerwear With Pocket (Medium)
Offered by tailunhanhaiuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange Japanese creatures that repeat the same word over and over and over......., 18 May 2016
As you have probably seen from my other reviews, I have a 12 year old daughter who likes many things. Once of them being Pokeman. Why? I have no idea. Anyway, when my daughter got this at Christmas, she was bowled over. It's exactly like a fleece except it has a hood in the shape of Pikachu. She loves wearing it, it keeps her warm, it's been washed and hasn't faded. It makes her happy - what more can you ask for?

New Watch Back Case Holder Adjustable Repair Extensible Opener Remover Kit Tool
New Watch Back Case Holder Adjustable Repair Extensible Opener Remover Kit Tool
Offered by Bueautiful Union

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is. It's solidly made and ..., 18 May 2016
It is what it is. It's solidly made and it has held the watches I need to work on securely.

SPQR, Ladies Printed T-Shirt - Purple/Gold M = 8-10
SPQR, Ladies Printed T-Shirt - Purple/Gold M = 8-10
Offered by Brand 88

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster good, 18 May 2016
As my daughter is a HUGE Percy Jackson fan (she told me to write that first bit), what more could a fan need than a t-shirt like this? It's been washed several times and it hasn't faded or lost shape. Ta-da!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7