Profile for V. Stephenson > Reviews

Content by V. Stephenson

V. Stephenson (England, UK)

Somersets Extra Sensitive Shaving Oil For Women 15ml
Somersets Extra Sensitive Shaving Oil For Women 15ml
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving is no longer an issue!, 25 Mar. 2013
I first bought this product because I was going travelling and needed a light and easy shaving balm/foam/cream that would last. It's amazing! The bottle is tiny at only 12ml. Mine has lasted 15 months now and isn't empty. I'm about to take the same one travelling again.

I also have really sensitive skin and even shaving foams/creams used to bring me out in a rash and make my skin susceptible to other rashes (grass/heat etc). Having bumpy skin meant that I couldn't shave as closely without the skin bleeding.

This has completely sorted it! It smells amazing, last forever and conditions the skin. I use about 3 drops for my underarms/bikini line and more like 6 when using on my legs. I usually only use this on my underarms, but when travelling it does everything.

Coming from using foams, the first time I used the oil I didn't think it would do anything because it's invisible and you use so little. But it softens hair and calms the skin so your razor can glide closely and smoothly.

I'm so impressed by this product, and definitely won't use anything else! How is it not more mainstream?!

King Lear [DVD]
King Lear [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong Performance... bar Edmund, 19 Mar. 2009
This review is from: King Lear [DVD] (DVD)
It's a really strong performance, although the televised nature of the DVD does detract somewhat from the original stage performance. However, given that this is to be expected, the overall film is good.
McKellan's Lear is unique and visceral, whilst retaining the gentleness and moving qualities that are essential in the protagonist. However, at times, his performance can, I think overtake the actual text itself - it's quite hard to understand what he's saying at times. Nevertheless, another astounding achievement from McKellan.
Edmund, on the other hand, is pretty rubbish. I think his portrayal of a psychopathic brother is legitimate, but his acting of the part is far too over the top. It's essential that a portrayal of Edmund as insane be conducted with subtlety, and this guy certainly doesn't do that.
Luckily, Frances Barber is spectacular as Goneril - she's obviously evil, but with a depth that expands the role very effectively. Romola Garai is a good and moving Cordelia, without being two-dimensional, and Sylvester McCoy's Fool is an excellent portrayal.
Ben Meyjes is a fantastic Edgar, almost stealing the show. His madness is wonderfully portrayed, and the complexities of his character are constantly held throughout his performance, with his aiding of Gloucester's fall an incredibly moving scene.
Overall, a very very good production, and well worth seeing... just.. try not to let Edmund irritate you!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2014 11:04 PM BST