Profile for Mrs Cambridge > Reviews

Content by Mrs Cambridge

Mrs Cambridge (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

5.0 out of 5 stars very pretty, 9 July 2010
The material is of excellent quality and it is made very well.The colours are much more vibrant than appears in the pictures.The length can be ajusted with the pull-cord.It came with hangers,which I find useful.This looks great with jeans,or dressed up for a special occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful., 9 July 2010
This is just as described.It fits well and is not cheap or skimpy-unlike others I have purchased.The colour is quite unusual and the hand-detailing makes it look much more expensive than it really is.It came with hangers,which I always find useful.I think it looks beautiful with jeans,or dressed up for a special occasion.

The Unconsoled (Vintage International)
The Unconsoled (Vintage International)
by Kazuo Ishiguro

5.0 out of 5 stars don't give up., 7 July 2010
I love the works of Kazuo Ishiguro,but I must admit that I found this book hard to get a grip on first time round.In fact,I gave it to a charity shop, but then instantly regretted it.I couldn't get it out of My head and I had to try again.
Kazuo is not to blame-I am just the sort of person who expects stories to have a definite theme that I understand from the start and this wasn't the case.I thought I must be missing something,so to help I looked at study notes for reading groups and then I began to ask the right questions as I read what turned out to be another masterpiece from the Author.
Kazuo writes stories that stay with you for years and You can go back to time and time again,finding new themes and meanings .If you find this book hard to get in to,read the reviews and the book club notes.There is no shame in admitting it isn't always easy on your own.

Flowers handbags for Women
Flowers handbags for Women

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely bag, 22 Jun. 2010
This bag is beautiful and practical.Lots of room for everything a girl takes out with her.A bottle of water,wipes,camera etc.I haven't seen anyone else with it either!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 4:19 PM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars great smell/great price, 8 Jun. 2010
This is very light and summery,but it lasts all day.The bottle is huge so that means I can use it like a body spray.I shall search for more TESTERS as they are such great value!

CATS EYES ADJUSTABLE CALF LADIES HIGH LEG BOOT BROWN 8
CATS EYES ADJUSTABLE CALF LADIES HIGH LEG BOOT BROWN 8

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 8 Jun. 2010
These look expensive and are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.They look great with jeans or a skirt,in fact,I hope that we have a bad summer so that I can wear them all year round.

The Dinner Lady: Change The Way Your Children Eat Forever
The Dinner Lady: Change The Way Your Children Eat Forever
by Jeanette Orrey

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and delicious, 8 Jun. 2010
This book would be ideal as a first cookbook for a teenager ,or anyone else who wants to cook good,basic food.There are no special skills required and the results are good.I recommend DAVES DATE SLICES-simply the easiest recipe ever and the best.

Texas: the Beautiful Cookbook: Authentic Recipes from the Regions of Texas
Texas: the Beautiful Cookbook: Authentic Recipes from the Regions of Texas
by Patsy Swendson

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast of a book, 25 April 2010
I bought this as part of my collection of `beautiful ' cookbooks and it is just as good as the others .The recipes are fantastic and not always what you would expect from this region.It also includes a well researched history of the regional food and origins of the recipes.Yet again the photographs are superb-it is a work of art

The South: the Beautiful Cookbook: Authentic Recipes from the American South
The South: the Beautiful Cookbook: Authentic Recipes from the American South
by Mara Reid Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 25 April 2010
This is certainly a beautiful book and very well researched.There are recipes for all occasions and the photographs make you want to try everyone of them.I have this as part of a collection of `beautiful'books and it does not disappoint.

America the Beautiful Cookbook
America the Beautiful Cookbook
by Philip Stephen Schulz

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 25 April 2010
I have had this book for years and I can honestly say that this is a bible of American cookery.The recipes are superb-and they work.Whether you are an experienced cook like Me,or a novice,you will find the method easy to follow.
Even if you had no intention of cooking any thing in this,the photographs of the food,landscapes and people are worth buying the book for alone And there is an excellent detailed map of America in the front that can not be beaten.
I would describe this as a `coffee table book' as it can be used to create some wonderful and authentic food and is also a journey through America.
No other American cookbook comes close to this standard.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6