Profile for Sol > Reviews

Content by Sol

Sol "Solid" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
【US Layout】 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Multi-color Backlight, TopElek 104-Key Gaming Keyboard with Key Cap Puller for Gamer
Offered by GoldenSwing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard, 24 Nov. 2016
I have been looking at getting a mechanical keyboard for sometime, and have tried several, but they haven't all been that perfect for me.
This keyboard is great - it feels great to type on. It has a great, solid weight to it, which means that it doesn't move around while I use it - this is not meant to be a light keyboard to use on your lap! The metal frame looks great, and the illuminated keys are clear, but not distracting - perfect for those late-night gaming sessions.

The cable is long enough for my needs, but obviously, this may not be the case for you. As rough estimate, I would guess the cable is about 1.5m long (I should have measured it before I plugged it in, so sorry about not being more accurate). I am running it under Windows 10, and the keyboard immediately as I hot-plugged it in - no reboot was needed, and everything if working as expected.

The keys are responsive and easy to type on - I haven't any fatigue from having to type hard, which is great. a light touch is all that is required. The keyboard is arranged in a US layout, but the keys can still be set so that shift+2 still prints speech marks, and shift+' still displays the @ sign (this should mean that your memory muscle should be unaffected).

The keyboard has drainage holes - I haven't tested this particular feature, but i am sure that it'll work as expected. The keyboard comes with a key cap puller, which makes it very easy to get under individual keys and clean them if ever required.

pressing FN+INS lets you go through all the lighting features - this is great fun. My favorite is the one that has all the lights off by default - the individual keys only come on when you hit the key, and then turns off after a couple of seconds. The others are quite cool,. but distracting. They cycle up and down, or left and right, or diagonally, or in a spiral. Cool, and welcome, but not really of any help.

I love the sound of a mechanical keyboard, and this item does not disappoint - clackty clack clack. Love it. I am using it for gaming and regular office type of work, and am happy with both cases. i am able to press several keys at the same time, without any impact on what is happening on-screen. I can press at least 10 keys at the same time, and the keyboard registers them all.

Recommended.

This review has been typed on this keyboard, so all my thoughts about this item are being captured as I get them!
Comment Comment | Permalink

TopElek USB-C Cable to USB 3.0(3ft/0.9m)USB Type-C Charging Cable for the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P,Nokia N1, OnePlus 2,HUAWEI P9 and More USB Type-C Devices
Offered by GoldenSwing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good charging cable for USB-C devices, 20 Nov. 2016
Does exactly what it says it does. The cable looks strong and like it will last all the abuse cables seem to get these days.
I took a chance to see if it would charge my Oneplus 3, and it does - so very happy with that. I can't confirm that it charges as fast as Dash Charging, but it charges, and will do for when I am in the car or at work.

Smart Bracelet, Mpow Smart Fitness Tracker Sports Pedometer Wristband Sleep Monitor Touch Screen Activity Tracker Waterproof Smartwatch for Android and iOS Smart Phones Such as iPhone 7 7 Plus 6s 5 5S SE, Huawei, LG, Sony, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart. Very smart., 19 Nov. 2016
A very, very smart device. It does only a few things, but it does them very well.

Small, light, and stylish, the smart band does what I want it to do, which is to let me know the time, let me know when I receive messages, and act as a silent alarm. It does some health things, and I'll try them for a few weeks, but these are definitely secondary functions for me.

The bracelet is discrete, but the display is plenty bright and clear. Oh, and it's a touchscreen! Swipe up and down to move between screens, and long press to confirm an action. Couldn't be simpler.

I've tried a mi fit, and while that is great (battery life is amazing!!), It doesn't have a display, so couldn't tell the time. I tried a Pebble, and that was great, but over kill for what I needed. This seems to have a great balance for me.

The unit can be freed from the band, and when you do so, you'll see how you should charge it - the device has a built in USB-A plug, ready to plug into any computer or wall plug that has a female USB-A socket. That's correct, no more having to worry about whether you have the correct charging cable.
I've not had the device for long, so will update this review once I have a better idea of what the battery is like.

The vibration is strong, but there is slight delay between when the phones connect, and when the smart band vibrates. Not a big deal, but maybe worth knowing for some.
The band is silicone, which I like, but some may not - you have to use it, unless you create your own band somehow.

One final thing - you need a companion app to partner the device. Its fairly simple, but does require you to sign up. I would have preferred a way to use the app to set up the band without a sign up, and then uninstall the app, but I suppose that's the way things work now.

In any case, this seems perfect for me, and I'm really happy with it. So happy, that I'm going to buy a few more for my partner and children.

Mpow Selfie Stick, Mini Portable Foldable Extendable Monopod with 3.5mm Wire Connecting for iPhone 6s Plus Gopro Sports Cameras for Travels Family Entertainment Group Photos (Black)
Offered by longtop

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, strong, and very long, 19 Nov. 2016
First of all, I have tried this with two Android devices, and both work with this perfectly.
This is a light, yet strong stick. I have tried this with a 5.5" and a 4.7" phone, and both fit and are held securely.
The stick itself is light, and has a nice grippy handle. The stick extended is about the same length as my arm, which means that photos taken are from a decent distance. The 3.5mm plug is attached to a springy wire, which means that it can be stretched, but becomes compact when not in use.

The extending, telescopic arm fels nice and tight, although it doesn't slide smoothly, this also means it won't collapse as you are using is - a real positive.

The part that holds your mobile can be rotated as you wish, and then locked with a screw. Very flexible. A good product for a good price

Over Ear Headphones [Upgraded Version] Mpow Foldable Bluetooth Headphones Over the head Wireless/Wired Stereo Headphones with Microphone for Music Streaming for Smartphone, iPad, iPod, Laptop and MP3 (8 Hrs Playing Time, Carrying Bag Included, Black)
Offered by Patox

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, with a couple of really useful extras, 10 Nov. 2016
These headphones offer a couple of features that I really appreciate.
First, they fold - I understand if this isn't the main thing you look for when buying a Bluetooth Headphone, but this is a real boon if you have to stor them in the bag when at school or work or wherever. I have had other non-foldable headphones, and they are really inconvenient to store when at work.
Second, these come with a cable that lets you still use them, even if the battery dies in the headset! Brilliant! I normally have to carry a second wired pair of earbuds, just in case my Bluetooth headset runs out of charge. I don't need to anymore. Battery dead? No problem, just convert them into a wired set, and carry on.

Just these two things alone have made my commute that much easier.

The sound is great for spoken word podcasts and for music. The sound is clear and loud. For my unqualified tastes, the bass and trebles are good, the battery lasts for ages, and is quick to charge, and the controls are easy to manage. (I am not a fan of how the music and volume are controlled - I much prefer short presses to control the volume, but this works in the opposite way, and I often skip through, instead of raising the volume.)

They come with a nice pouch to keep everything together, they are light to wear, and also pretty comfortable. They are loud enough for me on my commute, too.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bluetooth Headphones, Mpow Dunmer Wireless Earphones Sweatproof Earbuds for Running with Mic for iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Smartphones (Bluetooth 4.1, CVC 6.0 Noise Cancelling, aptX, Hands-free Calling)

5.0 out of 5 stars Could these be the the most comfortable earphones?, 10 Nov. 2016
Love these. These are super light, and so comfortable. They may be one of the best bluetooth buds I have tried yet. They operate just like the others, but these work really well under a hat, or with a scarf wrapped around my head. The controls are super simple to use, although (like their other buds) I would prefer the short click to control the volume, and the long press to control the change of tracks. This would normally be a deal-breaker for me, but these are so comfortable, I am willing to forgive this.

They are well made, they feel solid and reliable. They charge really quickly, and this understandably means that the battery may not last as long as you hope. But, man, are these comfortable...

Sound is clear, for both podcasts and music. They are easy to charge (the USB port is on the control block, rather than on one of the ear buds). They paired easily with my Android mobile. Simple, easy, and they work. Excellent.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bluetooth Headphones Mpow Magnetic Earbuds Wireless Headphones, [New Version] Stereo Sport Wireless Earphones Running Headset with Mic Hands-free Calling for iPhone, Huawei, LG and Other Android Cell Phones, Black (Magnetic Control, Bluetooth 4.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really rather good, 10 Nov. 2016
Bluetooth earphones divide many people. You either hate them because they don't offer the same audio quality as their wired equivalent, or you love them, because the wireless benefits outweigh the lack of audio quality.

For me, I only listen to podcasts and music on my commute. Audio quality is not my main concern - however, convenience is. It is an absolute joy to be able to listen without having wires get in my way.
These particular earphones are light, and come with enough earbuds to fit the majority of people. The controls, however, are not great for me. To change the volume, you have to keep the button pressed. Tapping it changes the track. I would prefer it be the other way. As it is, I often change tracks accidently, instead of changing the volume level. This is a personal thing, but it is enough of an issue for me to dock it a star.

Other than that, these are comfortable, easy to charge, and last most of the week for me. It aired easily enough with my Android mobile, and the audio is clear and loud enough for me.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Anker PowerDrive Speed 2 39W Ultra-Compact Car Charger with Quick Charge 3.0 for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 edge / S6 edge+ / S7 / S7 edge with PowerIQ for iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6s / 6s Plus and 6 / 6 Plus
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars So fast, 31 Oct. 2016
Such a simple thing, but very effective. Hard to believe that such a small gadget can have such an impact.
This really is a useful item to have in the car.

It charges both mine and my partner's mobiles with ease, and really quickly. Recommended.

Lalang Silicone Snap and Strain Pan Strainer Pour Spout Slip On Mess Free for Pots, Pans and Bowls (original)
Offered by 88_Store

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 30 Oct. 2016
Excellent. Fits many sized pits and pans. Makes it a doddle to pour from a pan into another container. Very useful for any kitchen

Mpow FM Transmitter [Update Version] Hands-free Car Radio 3.5mm In-car Universal Mp3 Player Audio Adapter Car Kit and Car Charger For iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, iPad, LG G2 HTC One / M8 / M7 and Other Android Cell Phones

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Oct. 2016
I really wasn't expecting much. I've heard some good things about FM transmitters, but have always been concerned that the audio would not be clear or would be subjected to interference.

My car doesn't have any way to connect a mobile to the sound system... No BT, no aux. So my only option would be to go via FM signal.

I thought I'd try this, and if it wasn't any good, Amazon would make it easy to return. Just a quick note to say, I dont think I will be returning this .

This was super simple to set up. Plug large end into cigarette lighter in car, small end into earphone socket in phone.

Choose an empty/free/unused frequency in car stereo, and then match that frequency on this item. Press play on your phone, and boom - lovely clear music sourced from you phone, playing through your car speakers.

Very simple, very reliable, just a joy to use having a usb socket on the item as well is a fantastic bonus

Very happy.