Profile for Tom Stone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
My Encyclopedia of Very Important Things
My Encyclopedia of Very Important Things
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely brilliant first encyclopedia for any child aged 4-7., 9 April 2017
Wonderful book! I hardly ever feel the need to write a review, but this is a fantastic book, bought for my 6 year old daughter at Christmas. She loves it even more than I thought she would. Not over complicated, simple and clear, we read it together most nights. She has taken it to school for Show And Tell! Interesting, fun and informative.

The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry)
The Puffin Book of Fantastic First Poems (Puffin Poetry)
by June Crebbin

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, and a waste of money., 26 Jan. 2016
We flicked through once, read a couple that looked vaguely ok - a poor collection indeed. Off to the charity shop it goes.

The Three Little Witches Storybook (Early Reader)
The Three Little Witches Storybook (Early Reader)
by Georgie Adams

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. A meandering unexciting plot and is going straight to the charity shop for some poor unfortunate child to have to, 26 Jan. 2016
Thought this was a terribly badly written book with a confusing - and frankly, boring - story. My daughter, who loves book and has a good attention span, was not interested in it by midway through. Neither was I. Totally bemused by all the good reviews it has!

Sooty's Christmas Crackers [DVD]
Sooty's Christmas Crackers [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, the Christmas dvds have little extra festive bits in between the episodes which are very sweet and funny too., 26 Jan. 2016
My 5 year old daughter LOVES Sooty, this DVD set is fabulous. I'm so pleased she likes the innocent slapstick humour and often find myself laughing along too!

Just For The Summer
Just For The Summer

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant relaxing book, a few laugh out loud moments and now buying the sequel., 26 Jan. 2016
A light read, amusing and easy, not wildly exciting but I happily raced through it in two days while off work ill.

Childrens Christmas Carols + Songs
Childrens Christmas Carols + Songs
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great traditional songs and well worth the money for such a good collection produced well., 26 Jan. 2016
A lovely CD - just the right amount of songs -,some sung by children, some by a solo lady. Nice and simple, no over the top production. My 4 year old daughter played it continuously over Christmas and we didn't mind!

No Escape: a gripping thriller with a killer twist
No Escape: a gripping thriller with a killer twist

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping exciting read, 10 Jan. 2016
I loved this book, the authors best yet. What a fantastic story with a bit of everything -,romance, mystery, humour and beautiful descriptions of the ocean . Hugely enjoyable and hard to put down.

Summer at Shell Cottage
Summer at Shell Cottage

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but predictable, 12 July 2015
A few unexpected twists or turns would have made the story far better, it was pleasant enough but I felt as though I'd read it before. However, an undemanding read with a happy ending, of course!

The Tent, the Bucket and Me
The Tent, the Bucket and Me
by Emma Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious!, 21 Jun. 2015
One of the funniest books I have ever read. Have been laughing out loud at regular intervals, often with tears of mirth rolling down my cheeks. Brilliant. Highly recommend, Emma Kennedy is a wonderful story teller.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 14 May 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this down, what a fantastic and well written book - that I nearly didn't pick up as I am not a 'crime' fan. But it is more of a thriller, and romantic too, though not in the usual sense.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4