Profile for Barb > Reviews

Barb

Bosmere G354 Boot Pull
Bosmere G354 Boot Pull

5.0 out of 5 stars No more struggling with wellies., 2 Jun. 2015
I was really struggling to get my new wellies off. Since buying the boot pull, no problem whatsoever. It is light and can be taken with me in the car. Wouldn't/couldn't be without this now. Really good value. Very impressed.

Regatta Women's Land Break Waterproof Jacket - Plum Wine, Size 12
Regatta Women's Land Break Waterproof Jacket - Plum Wine, Size 12
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely jacket and well worth the money., 2 Mar. 2015
So pleased with this purchase. I read on line that it was rather a snug fit but I took a chance and ordered my usual size 12. I am 5' 8" and the jacket is perfect; a lovely length and roomy enough to wear a thick jumper beneath it. It is really lightweight too. Haven't yet been caught out in the rain but am confident it will be waterproof as promised. I would recommend this jacket any day.

Trespass Compac Mac Women's Packaway Jacket - Fawn, Medium
Trespass Compac Mac Women's Packaway Jacket - Fawn, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value packaway jacket., 2 Mar. 2015
Have just received this so unable to comment on the waterproof element. I am a size 12and 5' 8" tall and heeded previous reviews and ordered a medium. It fits well, is a nice length and quite smart for a packaway mac. I think this will be really handy for mild wet weather. All in all, pleased with this purchase but wouldn't have wanted to pay more than the sale price. It is creased but I would expect nothing less having been packed into its carrying bag.

Music and Lyrics - Music From The Motion Picture
Music and Lyrics - Music From The Motion Picture

5.0 out of 5 stars A great film., 2 Mar. 2015
A really enjoyable film. Great music, funny and Hugh Grant has surprised me with great singing and dancing. A man of many talents previously hidden by typecasting.

The Stepfather [DVD]
The Stepfather [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry O'Quinn

4.0 out of 5 stars This film is probably as good as if not better than other movies of the ..., 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Stepfather [DVD] (DVD)
This film is probably as good as if not better than other movies of the genre. Edge of the seat in places and better than the remake.

The Sound Of Music OST - 45th Anniversary Edition
The Sound Of Music OST - 45th Anniversary Edition
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 2 Mar. 2015
The Sound of Music is such a lovely film filled with beautiful songs it would be difficult to find fault with it. The CD has all the songs and more and in addition a booklet with pictures and information about the making of the film. Very pleased with my purchase.

John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life 1917-1963
John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life 1917-1963

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific book about a great man., 12 Mar. 2013
I haven't yet finished the book but what I have read so far I like very much. It gives a concise history of the Kennedy clan and doesn't gloss over, or at least doesn't appear to gloss over, the private lives of JFK nor any Kennedy/Fitzgerald males. What is clear from what I have read thus far is that JFK was an intelligent and charismatic individual. I cannot comment further as I still have a way to go with the book but what I have read is sufficient to recommend the book to anyone with an interest in history and particularly the great JFK.

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof of Heaven, 8 Nov. 2012
Proof of Heaven is a very well written work as one would expect from someone the calibre of Eben Alexander. It is particularly interesting the way Dr Alexander' personal life has been integrated into the story of his Near Death Experience. When one reads the book, Dr Alexander's personal life is of course integral to the "finale" if you like, particuarly with regard to the beautiful "Guardian Angel" who accompanied him throughout his experience. I have read Dr Raymond Moody's and Dr Mel Morse's books on Near Death Experiences, all of which make compelling and persuasive reading but Dr Alexander's account is particularly interesting because of his profession and knowledge as a neuro surgeon.